'22 QB IN Tayven Jackson (Tennessee signee)

Center Grove held on tonight to edge Westfield, 27-21. Jackson finished 12 of 14 passing for 152 yards and a TD; also had a 1-yard TD run but was held to 1 yard rushing on 9 carries.

Season stats: Completed 124 of 187 passes (66.3%) for 1,837 yards and 21 TDs with 3 INTs...rushed 64 times for 185 yards (2.9 ypc) and 5 TDs.

Center Grove held on tonight to edge Westfield, 27-21. Jackson finished 12 of 14 passing for 152 yards and a TD; also had a 1-yard TD run but was held to 1 yard rushing on 9 carries.

Season stats: Completed 124 of 187 passes (66.3%) for 1,837 yards and 21 TDs with 3 INTs...rushed 64 times for 185 yards (2.9 ypc) and 5 TDs.
Heup will double those numbers

124 completions with 3 interceptions. I think I can see what Heupel sees in this kid.

No clue with Indiana but in TN, it is absolutely true.

Lurker who grew up in that area (with some of the kid’s aunts and uncles actually). Indiana HS football isn’t deep, but the top team are extremely competitive. CG’s conference contains Warren Central, Ben Davis, and Carmel. They also play Cathedral every year. They’re a Catholic school that lacks a home field forced to contract to play in the mud bowl vid people saw.

CG+those 4 schools are all top 15-20 programs in the Midwest who can compete with anyone in that part of the country. There are a couple of others too: Brownsburg and Westfield (CG’s opponent the last two years in the final).

CG’s senior class: Curry, Jackson and DB who didn’t play in the finals going to Cincy. Two Power 5 preferred walk ons who translate to MAC level scholly players. 3 MAC signees and 4 FCS signees. Westfield is pretty solid to hang with that.

Those schools regularly schedule the Cincy GCL schools, St Ignatius, Detroit powers, Trinity in Louisville, etc. Last year, the Ohio large class champ’s only two losses came to Brownsburg and Indy Cathedral. Brownsburg lost to Westfield in the tourney who lost to CG. Catheral’s only two losses over the last two years are at the hands of CG. If the competition can play with and often beat the best in Ohio, there shouldn’t be a concern about level of play/competition.

I can’t say how these schools would fare vs the best of the best GA or FL have to offer, but I’m pretty confident all 7 of the schools I mentioned would be top 25 all class caliber schools. The drop after those schools and the random 2-3 schools with stellar classes in any given year is huge though.

6a in Indiana is big boy football

Yes it is. At the top anyway. And a lot of the schools are absolutely huge, which is what helps keep the quality high year to year among a few schools. Top 8 schools based upon CalPreps 5-year dynasty rating with their 4-grade enrollment #s.

Center Grove 2521
Cathedral (private, sub6A) 1099
Carmel 5286
Warren Central 3821
Ben Davis 4499
Avon 3095
Westfield 2334

On average, 45% of CG’s schedule (regular and post season) is against those 7 other schools.

This also is part of the explanation as to why CG runs the wing t so much. They entered into a conference with BD, WC, Carmel and a couple other huge schools 20 years ago. They didn’t have the horses those schools did at the time. CG was only a 2000 student school with a mediocre tradition. The head coach showed up from FL and basically built the program from bantam up running that offense. He needed something that could be run without a consistent stable of horses schools like Carmel or Ben Davis have from sheer numbers. The deception in the wing t and running it precisely could mask those deficiencies. Well, the program has been built. And there is open enrollment in Indiana now, so they could get a decent number of football move ins. They’re deviating slightly from the model, but it’s still their bread and butter.

Yes it is. At the top anyway. And a lot of the schools are absolutely huge, which is what helps keep the quality high year to year among a few schools. Top 8 schools based upon CalPreps 5-year dynasty rating with their 4-grade enrollment #s.

Center Grove 2521
Cathedral (private, sub6A) 1099
Carmel 5286
Warren Central 3821
Ben Davis 4499
Avon 3095
Westfield 2334

On average, 45% of CG’s schedule (regular and post season) is against those 7 other schools.

This also is part of the explanation as to why CG runs the wing t so much. They entered into a conference with BD, WC, Carmel and a couple other huge schools 20 years ago. They didn’t have the horses those schools did at the time. CG was only a 2000 student school with a mediocre tradition. The head coach showed up from FL and basically built the program from bantam up running that offense. He needed something that could be run without a consistent stable of horses schools like Carmel or Ben Davis have from sheer numbers. The deception in the wing t and running it precisely could mask those deficiencies. Well, the program has been built. And there is open enrollment in Indiana now, so they could get a decent number of football move ins. They’re deviating slightly from the model, but it’s still their bread and butter.
You know it continually amazes me how many people we have on this board with a wide range of knowledge. I bet if we needed an expert on the Samoan players within the Hawaiian high school ranks, someone would chime in with that info. Ha.

You know it continually amazes me how many people we have on this board with a wide range of knowledge. I bet if we needed an expert on the Samoan players within the Hawaiian high school ranks, someone would chime in with that info. Ha.

I vacationed in Hawaii once and can most likely offer some significant insight.

VN Store

Back