White and UT could use any OU Smoke to our advantage.

Vfl2407

Whether OU contacts Heupel or not, this could be good for UT.
Just let the UTAD Public Relations Department put out this statement from Heupel:
“My family and I are flattered by any attention or speculation about the coaching vacancy at my alma mater.
And even though I have fond memories of my time there and think it’s a great opportunity,
I already have the best job in college football right here at the University of Tennessee where we are building future championship teams. Go Vols!”

Media would say…Wow, Momma called and Josh said, that’s ok Mom, I’m good.

Just let the UTAD Public Relations Department put out this statement from Heupel:
“My family and I are flattered by any attention or speculation about the coaching vacancy at my alma mater.
And even though I have fond memories of my time there and think it’s a great opportunity,
I already have the best job in college football right here at the University of Tennessee where we are building future championship teams. Go Vols!”

1568326558611.gif

You are naive. If OK comes sniffing, he will do what any smart person does, and uses it to negotiate a better contract with us. Even if he isn't interested. And you would do the same at your job if you could.

You are naive. If OK comes sniffing, he will do what any smart person does, and uses it to negotiate a better contract with us. Even if he isn't interested. And you would do the same at your job if you could.
For a normal snack oil salesman coach, I’d agree. If JH bolts then his heart is in OK. If not, I don’t see him making a big deal out of this and trying to leverage for a raise. He’s not being paid chump change, and I really think he’s humble and self confident enough that he knows he’s got more to do to earn a raise...and got a really good thing started...especially if Hooker stays. If these two things happen, we will know that the football gods have officially shifted their eyes to other schools to have fun with like OK, LSU, UF, etc.

For a normal snack oil salesman coach, I’d agree. If JH bolts then his heart is in OK. If not, I don’t see him making a big deal out of this and trying to leverage for a raise. He’s not being paid chump change, and I really think he’s humble and self confident enough that he knows he’s got more to do to earn a raise...and got a really good thing started...especially if Hooker stays. If these two things happen, we will know that the football gods have officially shifted their eyes to other schools to have fun with like OK, LSU, UF, etc.
Yeah. I do hope the football gods have had their fun in Knoxville. We're about to find out.

Absolutely he should. I agree
My post is what he and UT should do for PUBLIC consumption.
But behind the scenes, certainly get himself a better deal. That’s just capitalism. Supply & demand.

Any Heupel OK smoke would probably work against Tennessee’s favor.

If there were any possibility whatsoever the best possible outcome would be Tennessee paying him more……….Tennessee don’t need no more stinking contract extensions year one…….that’s for sure.

I’m all in on Heupel. I definitely want Heupel to stay; however in no way does Tennessee need to get back into the extension business this soon again.

Absolutely he should. I agree
My post is what he and UT should do for PUBLIC consumption.
But behind the scenes, certainly get himself a better deal. That’s just capitalism. Supply & demand.
He can't publicly shat on it until he gets what he wants.

Personally, I think LSU is screwed. Napier went to UF, other hot coaches just signed new contacts, and Riley is off to the West Coast. And I don’t think Fickell is an SEC guy, he will hold out for a a big 10 job.

Stoops leaving KY is probably their best shot

I definitely agree.

LSU fans are having nightmares right now.

Florida got spanked by SC jr……..and they already have a new coach. The coach LSU really wanted…….and fans thought they had just went to USC……….it’s amazing.

Couldn’t happen to a better program. I mean really if you have cheating coaches caught on tape and the administration keeps them and does nothing………..you deserve everything coming to you.

complete speculation, but IDK how spiffy CJH is on OU. Yeah he played there and was an OC, but his former head coach got him fired/released with support of the AD I think because Bob Stoops wanted to keep his brother in at DC. Bob Stoops seems to still have real clout at OU and the same AD still runs the school…just food for though.

VN Store

Back