2021 Coaching Soap Opera:

I think these schools and AD’s around the country gonna get hard lesson to not fire coaches so quickly. If LSU essentially misses out on Napier, Jimbo, Aranda, and even Riley reportedly saying no, they will be in worse shape than they are with Coach O. Same goes for Florida.

Be happy with what you have rather than chase something you’ll never get.

Recruiting is subpar, plus they’ve blown double digit leads in four of their losses this season. Not to mention that a lot of them didn’t want him in the first place.
Opinion really seems to have turned on Harsin after the Miss St and South Carolina losses. They should have finished 8-4 with all the losses coming to pretty good teams (Penn St, Georgia, A&M, Alabama), which wouldn't be bad for his first season.

Be happy with what you have rather than chase something you’ll never get.

That's why people are for some dumb reason shocked at Penn State and Michigan State locking down their coaches. In this environment, I don't think its shocking at all.......

That's why people are for some dumb reason shocked at Penn State and Michigan State locking down their coaches. In this environment, I don't think its shocking at all.......
Ole Miss did not extend Kiffin, even with all of the openings and rumors. I found that telling and curious at the same time.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Ole Miss did not extend Kiffin, even with all of the openings and rumors. I found that telling and curious at the same time.

that’s like setting bail to a flight risk. If he really wants to be somewhere he will be if not he’s going to bounce around forever.

If they are, they are keeping pretty quiet about it. Do you know something that the rest of us don’t?

There is nothing to know. You realize the season isn’t over right? You realize just because some schools are extending coaches now doesn’t mean that other schools have to extend right? I’m very sure that Ole Miss is likely adding something to his current contract before the season is over….

There is nothing to know. You realize the season isn’t over right? You realize just because some schools are extending coaches now doesn’t mean that other schools have to extend right? I’m very sure that Ole Miss is likely adding something to his current contract before the season is over….
I just found it interesting that every coach that has been rumored to be a candidate elsewhere has gotten a new contract except Kiffin. I’m sorry that bothered you.

I just found it interesting that every coach that has been rumored to be a candidate elsewhere has gotten a new contract except Kiffin. I’m sorry that bothered you.

Well Kiffin isn’t a candidate for any other job and hasn’t been rumored to be. Not sure why that is such a big deal regarding an extension

Well Kiffin isn’t a candidate for any other job and hasn’t been rumored to be. Not sure why that is such a big deal regarding an extension
It could be nothing. I just wanted it noted that half of college football reporters had him going to LSU, and the other half had him going to Florida. He may never have been a serious candidate at anywhere, which would not surprise me at all. But that’s what was floating around the interwebs. My point was though, that it was intriguing that he did not receive a new contract in light of all the rumors, when everyone else did.

We can only hope.....

I am sure they could convince the Giants to let Dooley or Pruitt leave to coach the Tigahs.

Perhaps they could even lure Botch away from Ark St.

Butch HC
Dooley Associate HC/OC
Pruitt DC/HCIW
Nieds LB coach
Ansley Co DC/ DBs
Martin WRs
Graham RBs

They’d win a lot of ball games!

Well they went all in on Riley and struck out. Then they let a highly regarded candidate in the backyard get away to a rival. Now let's see where it goes...

A name I've not seen mentioned is Gus Malzahn.

I could see Aranda or Mark Stoops going to LSU or OU and the Gus Bus going to Baylor or KY.

A name I've not seen mentioned is Gus Malzahn.

I could see Aranda or Mark Stoops going to LSU or OU and the Gus Bus going to Baylor or KY.

I'm not sure Gus has done enough this year to warrant interest from a P5 program. Yeah yeah yeah, UCF is moving to the B12 but you know what I mean.

If he puts up a decent record for UCF for a couple of seasons, I could see him getting back in with a lower tier P5 program. Kentucky might be an option as you mention. Gus was pretty consistent at Auburn, if he went to KY and put up a 6-6 record each year until he retired they would build a statue of him.

Could also see him at a school like Wake if Clawson ever moves on.

Duke is open now and might be a decent landing spot if it were to be open again after he has rehabilitated himself at UCF a bit longer. Hell, odds are the Duke job will be open in the near future anyway, Cut is probably the longest tenured coach in their history.

I'm not sure Gus has done enough this year to warrant interest from a P5 program. Yeah yeah yeah, UCF is moving to the B12 but you know what I mean.

If he puts up a decent record for UCF for a couple of seasons, I could see him getting back in with a lower tier P5 program. Kentucky might be an option as you mention. Gus was pretty consistent at Auburn, if he went to KY and put up a 6-6 record each year until he retired they would build a statue of him.

Could also see him at a school like Wake if Clawson ever moves on.

Duke is open now and might be a decent landing spot if it were to be open again after he has rehabilitated himself at UCF a bit longer. Hell, odds are the Duke job will be open in the near future anyway, Cut is probably the longest tenured coach in their history.
I agree that Gus isn't a "first thought, gotta have him" guy. KY could (and has) done worse and his SEC experience might turn the tide for him.

If somebody moves out of the ACC. I'd not considered Duke and Gus no longer needs money and expectations are not high there.

Again, not star by any measure but he'd probably not embarrass a program for 4-5 years if they got desperate.

VN Store

Back