Tennessee Ranked #25

Gators or LSU. A winning SEC record (5/3) in year two will be cement enough for me to think we are on the way back about time
Nobody can predict the future for next year until we know who will be on the team.

Exactly what I thought when I looked at the article. Tennessee plays the number one strength of schedule in America. If we have the same record as them but played a much tougher schedule…not sure how that makes sense.

They beat better teams than we did.

As I stated in a thread earlier this season, a 1 win improvement over 6 years and we would be 12-0 in year 6. Would VN be patient for 6 years?
7-5
8-4
9-3
10-2
11-1 (CFP PLAYOFFS)
12-0 NATTY
This is what it will take! Not an instant impatient fan base to be 12-0 in year 2!

As I stated in a thread earlier this season, a 1 win improvement over 6 years and we would be 12-0 in year 6. Would VN be patient for 6 years?
7-5
8-4
9-3
10-2
11-1 (CFP PLAYOFFS)
12-0 NATTY
This is what it will take! Not an instant impatient fan base to be 12-0 in year 2!
May be able to knock a year or two off that.

yes but the point was to be patient! You are already showing signs of not being.
We, as fans, have always been looking for the instant fix which Never works. We will have to be patient, but I will take an increase in the schedule. By the way, I was one of the few who predicted we would win 7-8 games this year and I believe it will be 8.

Reactions: tennesseeduke
IIRC, the various preseason polls had us between 60th and 90th. To improve to 25th is/would be a real recruiting bullet point.

And for VolNation mathemateers and straightline trendplotters...
that means if we can get a 2022 preseason ranking of 25th or better, we can end the season ranked 0th!

(Anything less would, of course, be unacceptable here.)

7-5
8-4
9-3
10-2
11-1 (CFP PLAYOFFS)
12-0 NATTY

Anybody who is not ok with that needs to have their head checked and that is minus the 12-0 Natty year you have added. 10-2 means we beat atleast one of the big 3 and 11-1 means we beat 2.

Reactions: tennesseeduke
Need to move past Florida before I’m ready for that declaration. To get close to Bama or Georgia will take a few years of recruiting and development but Florida is ripe for the picking next year. Heupel needs to beat them and cement himself as the guy we think he can be.

It’d be SO nice to kick them so hard they’d have to wear their arse for a hat.

VN Store

Back