Jeremy Banks

I was very down on him last year because he made a lot of bonehead plays, actually started out this season the same. But it seems someone on the defense staff had a come to Jesus moment with him and he has been lights out for most of the season. I was pleasantly surprised with his progression and he might have played himself into some NFL money.
Good post but my take on it is.. Last year JB was raw @ the LB position... Who were his coaches... Sheldon Feldon/Brian Niedermayer.... Enough said... This year he's receiving actual coaching from Brian Jean-Mary and Co...

One thing I like about Banks I've noticed.. He will talk smack.. And then help the other team player up off the field at times. Dude just loves to play.

He and J. Jennings both made the most of a second chance and will go down as some of the most beloved vfl’s ever. I don’t blame him for the comments he made about cops I blame our society for the picture it has painted. You can’t turn on any social media without seeing the same type of behavior glorified constantly

Refresh my memory. Was it Banks who got kicked off the team for an incident with some cops? If so, he has come a long way both on and off the field.

Yeah it was him. And when they allowed him back in, I questioned it. But you are right, he has come a long way. He has earned his way back. And I have to be proud of him. And I am glad he has proved me wrong.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
He and J. Jennings both made the most of a second chance and will go down as some of the most beloved vfl’s ever. I don’t blame him for the comments he made about cops I blame our society for the picture it has painted. You can’t turn on any social media without seeing the same type of behavior glorified constantly

Blaming society is an easy cop out. I DO blame him for his comments that night. Nobody made them for him. Way I see it, that was then, this is now. Then he was acting like a mixed up p*ssed off kid. Now he is acting more like a man. And I hope he continues to grow.

Banks plays with allot of heart and determination, but makes his fair share of bone headed mistakes……… but he’s a gamer!

Reactions: I4Vols
You're kidding, you gotta be kidding. But if not, let me know. Man, I miss those days when the likes of Carol Burnett and Flip Wilson made TV comedy shows worth watching.
Oh sure I remember both Flip and Carol, but was just wondering if I had missed something of more recent vintage concerning a Geraldine Jones.

Oh sure I remember both Flip and Carol, but was just wondering if I had missed something of more recent vintage concerning a Geraldine Jones.

Naw, I was offhand saying the "Devil made me do it," regarding me mishandling Volinzona's post. No recent stuff, which is too bad because Flip was fun, a pity he's dead now, though.

Reactions: utchs81
And that call on him tonight for a late hit out of bounds was BS

I am happy he came back.
It was the right call but I’m not going to fault him for it. I would want him to do it again in the same situation. It was simply a football play and I’ll take it 10/10 times.
GBO!!

Sorry guys but I don’t see what some of you are seeing in Banks. He is bad in coverage. Struggles MIGHTILY with containing QBs. And gets bad penalties. Does he get a ton of tackles? Yes but he misses quite a bit as well.

Ask yourself this, what SEC team would Banks realistically start for right now? Maybe Vandy, Missouri and Vandy?

I’m not as impressed with Banks as many, but his hit out of bounds call today was very questionable.
I totally disagree.........Jeremy Banks is sold out for the Vols. He gives his all on every play and by nature he is an extremely aggressive individual on the playing field. Sometimes it is hard for an aggressive style of player to stop on an immediate note. Momentum is hard to stop on a dime many times. I much rather see a player get an aggressive penalty than being so laid back he is about asleep. Keep up the good work Jeremy you are great in my book.

Something needs to be said about the progression he has made being the heart of this defense. He finished the regular season with 108 tackles. The last person do that for Tennessee was Reeves-Maybin in 2015 with 105. Next year will be a huge year for him and his draft stock.

108 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 1 int

Since the Bama game he's been playing lights out.
Those are all conference type numbers.

Reactions: lenoxvol
Sorry guys but I don’t see what some of you are seeing in Banks. He is bad in coverage. Struggles MIGHTILY with containing QBs. And gets bad penalties. Does he get a ton of tackles? Yes but he misses quite a bit as well.

Ask yourself this, what SEC team would Banks realistically start for right now? Maybe Vandy, Missouri and Vandy?

Let me guess his "level of competition " wasn't good enough in hs, so he's no good 🙄?

Pruitt at one time said Jeremy Banks could be as good as any LB he's ever coached.

Banks just had a better season than Henry To'oto'o who STARTS at Bama. Tototo had his best season statistically this year.

Banks doesn't miss a ton of tackles and he flies around to the ball.

How many QB pressures did he have?
3rd down stops???

Why are you only pointing out possible negative aspects to his game with no actual statistics to back them up?

Playing LB in the current landscape of offense friendly football makes it harder than ever.

You act like racking up over 100 tackles in the SEC is just easy peasy haha. Dude will play on Sunday 🙄😅

Let me guess his "level of competition " wasn't good enough in hs, so he's no good 🙄?

Pruitt at one time said Jeremy Banks could be as good as any LB he's ever coached.

Banks just had a better season than Henry To'oto'o who STARTS at Bama. Tototo had his best season statistically this year.

Banks doesn't miss a ton of tackles and he flies around to the ball.

How many QB pressures did he have?
3rd down stops???

Why are you only pointing out possible negative aspects to his game with no actual statistics to back them up?

Playing LB in the current landscape of offense friendly football makes it harder than ever.

You act like racking up over 100 tackles in the SEC is just easy peasy haha. Dude will play on Sunday 🙄😅

Sure thing bud. Banks was really good and he would start at any of the good SEC schools. Our LB were good and played excellent. They never missed tackles.

Pruitt said that about Banks??? Oh well then that seals the deal doesn’t it? Pruitt is the de facto expert. You think Pruitt was actually telling the truth about Banks being the best LB he ever coached? My God man you cannot be serious. What did you expect him to say??

Banks had a better season than Henry T. Guess that’s why PFF graded Henry T better than Banks. Oh and I guess playing besides one of the nations best LBs has nothing to do with Henry Ts production right? If you can’t use your eyeballs and see that Henry T is better than Banks then you need glasses.

Playing in today’s offense makes it harder to play LB. Aure didn’t seem to hurt UGAs LBs.

Let’s see Matt Corral has his career best rushing performance BY FAR against us. But that has nothing to do with Banks right? Nothing to do with his inability to cover him. Emory Jones had his career best rushing performance against us. But that has nothing to do with Banks either right? Bryce Young had his best rushing performance against us. But that didn’t have anything to do with Banks right? Were these stats all his fault? Absolutely not. But just watching those games you could tell he struggled to contain these QBs. Yes he does miss tackles. He is out of position in many occasions.

If you think Banks is good then that’s fine. I think he is a weakness on our defense. And Henry T would have been much better for us this year IMO.

Something needs to be said about the progression he has made being the heart of this defense. He finished the regular season with 108 tackles. The last person do that for Tennessee was Reeves-Maybin in 2015 with 105. Next year will be a huge year for him and his draft stock.
He's had an ALL-SEC season, proud of His progression.

Sure thing bud. Banks was really good and he would start at any of the good SEC schools. Our LB were good and played excellent. They never missed tackles.

Pruitt said that about Banks??? Oh well then that seals the deal doesn’t it? Pruitt is the de facto expert. You think Pruitt was actually telling the truth about Banks being the best LB he ever coached? My God man you cannot be serious. What did you expect him to say??

Banks had a better season than Henry T. Guess that’s why PFF graded Henry T better than Banks. Oh and I guess playing besides one of the nations best LBs has nothing to do with Henry Ts production right? If you can’t use your eyeballs and see that Henry T is better than Banks then you need glasses.

Playing in today’s offense makes it harder to play LB. Aure didn’t seem to hurt UGAs LBs.

Let’s see Matt Corral has his career best rushing performance BY FAR against us. But that has nothing to do with Banks right? Nothing to do with his inability to cover him. Emory Jones had his career best rushing performance against us. But that has nothing to do with Banks either right? Bryce Young had his best rushing performance against us. But that didn’t have anything to do with Banks right? Were these stats all his fault? Absolutely not. But just watching those games you could tell he struggled to contain these QBs. Yes he does miss tackles. He is out of position in many occasions.

If you think Banks is good then that’s fine. I think he is a weakness on our defense. And Henry T would have been much better for us this year IMO.
And I suppose the Vandy hailmary was his fault too?
Yes those rushing performances he had something to do with, but can you actually show me WHEN he was juked out by any of those QBs?
Beasley was the one responsible for spying in most games...🙄.

So Henry T graded out higher than Banks this year? Well that was quick haha. They already have that compiled??

Pruitt had Henry To'oto'o on the team too and said that🙄. But hey what does he know. He's just STILL coaching defense but now in the NFL.

Yes. Banks absolutely was better than Henry T. From what I saw with my eyes. Both played very well this year.

I agree…a lot of people have talked about how bad he sucked at the beginning of the season...Good coaching has paid huge dividends for him. Hard to argue his ability when we played one of the toughest seasons and conferences and he still is a leader in the SEC. Kudos to him.

Good coaching yea, but also his willingness to be coached. Everyone has their favorite players, but you have to admit that this team wouldn't be 7-5 without his leadership. He's always getting teammates in the right position and alignment a tribute to his preparation.

Reactions: TNTodd

Corral rushed because Banks was being blocked by the center, a numbers game. Spread out and play the numbers. It's an easy 5-6 yds a carry not counting if he misses or can't get off a block.

VN Store

Back