Jeremy Banks

Something needs to be said about the progression he has made being the heart of this defense. He finished the regular season with 108 tackles. The last person do that for Tennessee was Reeves-Maybin in 2015 with 105. Next year will be a huge year for him and his draft stock.
Hard nose for sure. If he can clean up the non-sence penalties, he'll be drafted. After review tonights penalty was BS!

Reactions: feathersax
Beasley has progressed as the season wore on too.

No he hasn’t. He’s literally the worst linebacker I’ve ever seen suite up for us. I’ll never forget him getting owned over and over and over again by the Kentucky qb. I don’t understand why none of our coaches challenged him on it. In case anyone has forgotten he kept diving at the qbs ankles. And not when the qb was running at a weird angle or anything. The qb would get squared up and lower his shoulder and run right at him. Instead of him taking him on square in the shear and trying to stop his forward progress he continually cowardly dive at his ankles allowing the qb to go over the top for an extra 4 or 5 yearns every single time. It was on of the most bizarre matchups I’ve ever seen play out in a game. And it honestly happened like 6 or 7 times over the duration of the game. I truly realized how desperate we were for linebackers at that moment.

He is a free safety playing linebacker.His high school film showed a thumper.They have put him where they had a great need.Maybe,if we get several lb's,he could return to safety with "tank"and put read into any receivers heart coming on a deep cross.

He is a free safety playing linebacker.His high school film showed a thumper.They have put him where they had a great need.Maybe,if we get several lb's,he could return to safety with "tank"and put read into any receivers heart coming on a deep cross.
I assume you are talking about Beasley and I agree that free safety would be better (if he is fast enough). KYs QB outweighed him by at least 20 lbs which is why he was tackling him low.

Reactions: feathersax
No he hasn’t. He’s literally the worst linebacker I’ve ever seen suite up for us. I’ll never forget him getting owned over and over and over again by the Kentucky qb. I don’t understand why none of our coaches challenged him on it. In case anyone has forgotten he kept diving at the qbs ankles. And not when the qb was running at a weird angle or anything. The qb would get squared up and lower his shoulder and run right at him. Instead of him taking him on square in the shear and trying to stop his forward progress he continually cowardly dive at his ankles allowing the qb to go over the top for an extra 4 or 5 yearns every single time. It was on of the most bizarre matchups I’ve ever seen play out in a game. And it honestly happened like 6 or 7 times over the duration of the game. I truly realized how desperate we were for linebackers at that moment.

The coaches put him there cause we have no quality depth at linebacker.

He’s playing out of position but it’s not like we have a lot of options right now.

He’s been solid but his stats are inflated due to our obvious time of possession gap and a lot of his tackles are 3-6 yards downfield.
Totally agree, I would like to see him recognizing the run quicker and stepping into the gap rather than waiting on RB to come to him.

Reactions: Jauan't Some?
Refresh my memory. Was it Banks who got kicked off the team for an incident with some cops? If so, he has come a long way both on and off the field.

Well, refresh my memory. Aren't there people who are, let's just say losers, who insisted on being losers regardless of any chances to turn themselves around, but finally do turn around? Refresh my memory again, aren't there people who get themselves into making poor choices, doing outrageously stupid things, who learn from that and reroute their course? Refresh my memory yet again, aren't there who like an ocean liner making a turn, don't and can't behave like a speedboat in doing so, yet make that turn just the same? Finally, aren't there people who are steeped in being judgmental and biased hate who ignore, even resent the success of a loser's change into being even a semblance of a winner?
Hate, it has caused a lot of problems in the world, but has not solved one yet. - Maya Angelou -

Reactions: LittleVol
Well, refresh my memory. Aren't there people who are, let's just say losers, who insisted on being losers regardless of any chances to turn themselves around, but finally do turn around? Refresh my memory again, aren't there people who get themselves into making poor choices, doing outrageously stupid things, who learn from that and reroute their course? Refresh my memory yet again, aren't there who like an ocean liner making a turn, don't and can't behave like a speedboat in doing so, yet make that turn just the same? Finally, aren't there people who are steeped in being judgmental and biased hate who ignore, even resent the success of a loser's change into being even a semblance of a winner?
Hate, it has caused a lot of problems in the world, but has not solved one yet. - Maya Angelou -
I'm just not seeing the negativity in Volinzona's post. Perhaps he is just trying to clarify that Jeremy was indeed the earlier version. The second part of his post certainly was a positive comment. Not sure why all the vitriol is directed his way.

Reactions: VAVol85
I'm just not seeing the negativity in Volinzona's post. Perhaps he is just trying to clarify that Jeremy was indeed the earlier version. The second part of his post certainly was a positive comment. Not sure why all the vitriol is directed his way.

Oh well, since it bothers you so much, just lay it down to Geraldine Jones syndrome.

EDIT: Went back and re-read Volizona's post. For whatever reason, I didn't see the second sentence of his post. Whether it be due to overreacting, inattention, one of those gremlin things that makes stuff invisible or disappear then reappear later, or a rather audible cerebrum flatulence, I'm owning up to not seeing the positive in that post. I'm editing without removing my original post and this one as a reminder of my own fallibility to review in case my head gets too big in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: utchs81
I see a very very athletic young man with a lot of determination, fire in his belly and enjoyment for the game. I don't see that natural position talent that makes him elite. Who knows, his natural positional talent may be at RB, or who knows. I enjoy watching his intensity, his never stop going until the whistle echos twice(or more). I'm frustrated watching his just slightly overrun, bad angle, missed tackles that turn into drive extenders.

Glad he righted his ship and is having success. I'll be glad for Tennessee when we have better talent at the position.

Oh well, since it bothers you so much, just lay it down to Geraldine Jones syndrome.
Doesn't really bother me but I've always found you to be a thoughtful and fair poster, though somewhat eccentric, and I just don't see that Volinzona posted anything negative.

Doesn't really bother me but I've always found you to be a thoughtful and fair poster, though somewhat eccentric, and I just don't see that Volinzona posted anything negative.

See my update in your post before this one. :)

Reactions: utchs81
He’s been solid but his stats are inflated due to our obvious time of possession gap and a lot of his tackles are 3-6 yards downfield.

Which is another reason this offense will help us in recruiting. Kids want to put stats. You can’t do that unless you’re on the field.

VN Store

Back