Jeremy Banks

VFLEST94

Something needs to be said about the progression he has made being the heart of this defense. He finished the regular season with 108 tackles. The last person do that for Tennessee was Reeves-Maybin in 2015 with 105. Next year will be a huge year for him and his draft stock.

Something needs to be said about the progression he has made being the heart of this defense. He finished the regular season with 108 tackles. The last person do that for Tennessee was Reeves-Maybin in 2015 with 105. Next year will be a huge year for him and his draft stock.

Refresh my memory. Was it Banks who got kicked off the team for an incident with some cops? If so, he has come a long way both on and off the field.

Refresh my memory. Was it Banks who got kicked off the team for an incident with some cops? If so, he has come a long way both on and off the field.

Yes and that is the one good thing Pruitt did during his time here. Pruitt gave Banks a plan to earn his way back onto the team and Banks took advantage.

I agree…a lot of people have talked about how bad he sucked at the beginning of the season...Good coaching has paid huge dividends for him. Hard to argue his ability when we played one of the toughest seasons and conferences and he still is a leader in the SEC. Kudos to him.

I was very down on him last year because he made a lot of bonehead plays, actually started out this season the same. But it seems someone on the defense staff had a come to Jesus moment with him and he has been lights out for most of the season. I was pleasantly surprised with his progression and he might have played himself into some NFL money.

He’s been solid but his stats are inflated due to our obvious time of possession gap and a lot of his tackles are 3-6 yards downfield.

Two things, AJ got a ton of tackles for the same reason and everyone loved him. Two, he does hit behind the los way more than AJ ever did. I mean we are one of top teams in country for tackles for loss and we are pretty good against the run. He’s a part of all that.

I was very down on him last year because he made a lot of bonehead plays, actually started out this season the same. But it seems someone on the defense staff had a come to Jesus moment with him and he has been lights out for most of the season. I was pleasantly surprised with his progression and he might have played himself into some NFL money.
That someone would be Coach Jean-Marie who apparently told him to get it under control or they would play someone else. Great interview can be found here:
Jeremy Banks passion v penalties

Agree, he has to learn how to cut down on the penalties, and the off the field arrests. If he can fix both, he is a draft pick.

Two things, AJ got a ton of tackles for the same reason and everyone loved him. Two, he does hit behind the los way more than AJ ever did. I mean we are one of top teams in country for tackles for loss and we are pretty good against the run. He’s a part of all that.
AJ and Reeves-Maybin are also starting in the NFL with close to the same stats. In 2012 AJ had 134 tackles though. I think banks could do that next year.

Reactions: posivol

VN Store

Back