Tiyon Evans officially has entered transfer portal

who cares we can do fine without him, recruit up, room for someone who wants to be a student athlete

Well darn. Best of luck to him. I hope this opens the door for someone better to take his spot or join the team.

He tried to get NIL deal before the season began. I think this is due to lack of money. I guess he thought a company would plot $50-$100k on him for a great game vs Missouri. Oh well.

Reactions: CDB and rocytop2624
I'm curious about what is driving this. As far as I know only injuries have kept him off the field. I'd read about academic issues... would a quick transfer reset the academic clock?

doesn't like going to class. Very likely not eligible for bowl game and would not have been for next year.

misses his kid and homesick.

He likes the staff and likes his team mates. Happy in the offense. Has been hurt. Just doesn't like the school part.

Academics could be an issue for him going elsewhere. Most likely ends up at a UT-Chattanooga type school if he plays at all in the future.

In 50 years of following the Vols and college football have seen things like this hundreds of times. Some kids just don't have the desire to commit to what it takes to be a big time or even a small time, college football player. No reason to think Evans will change.

Man hope this years recruiting class explodes soon! It really feels like we are a few skill players and a little depth from being back in the hunt for SEC East and at least mentioned Nationally.

Reactions: Orange Raid
doesn't like going to class. Very likely not eligible for bowl game and would not have been for next year.

misses his kid and homesick.

He likes the staff and likes his team mates. Happy in the offense. Has been hurt. Just doesn't like the school part.

Academics could be an issue for him going elsewhere. Most likely ends up at a UT-Chattanooga type school if he plays at all in the future.

In 50 years of following the Vols and college football have seen things like this hundreds of times. Some kids just don't have the desire to commit to what it takes to be a big time or even a small time, college football player. No reason to think Evans will change.
It’s sad that someone has a gift that never gets them their full potential in life. I honestly hope he figures out what’s best for him and his family.

Doubtful. I think he would have said he's going to enter the draft, not transfer
Perhaps he knows he can’t not likely to be drafted with 1/2 season of film. But how do you transfer when you aren’t taking care of academics? He can’t be a grad transfer if he doesn’t graduate. When Pruitt brought in London and Chryst as grad transfers they didn’t go to class and we lost that option the next year. So would this prevent the next school from offering a spot?

I still say he’s “exploring his options” but will declare for the draft at the respective deadline.

Reactions: rocytop2624
Even with Small and Jaylen, he will be hard to replace.

This guy has potential for NFL, too bad it sounds like he is about to make some major mistakes in his young life
that could jeopardize his future.

If he is having problems at UT, what will keep those from following him?

VN Store

Back