Tiyon Evans officially has entered transfer portal

So how does this work? Will we get an extra spot for him? Or did he leave too early?
according to the UTK academic calendar, Fall classes end 12/1 and Fall exams end 12/9. I think we've been assuming anyone who leaves before the end of Fall semester we will not get an extra spot. I don't know if a player who is in the portal but has not signed with another team is really gone?

Sorry it didn’t work out…if it was grades then maybe he can get invited to try out as a free agent in the NFL…

Reactions: vol94
Don’t go to class, you get Fs.

Maybe if he drops out before the end of the semester, the Fs don't get officially recorded and he can be academically eligible at a different school. He probably has decided that the odds of getting into the NFL are slim after limited playing time this year. If he can transfer he gets one more chance. It sounds like he put himself in a bad position, and this is an attempt to recover.

He should have waited at least until after the Vandy game to do this to keep from being a distraction. I don’t know the situation, but it is crappy timing regardless.
I’m sure the other players on the team have known for awhile. They all practice together, go to meetings together, etc.
As far as making it public the day before the last regular season game against an in-state rival, that is completely classless and I hope it comes back around to him in some form.
Good news is, the other backs have developed nicely and have been more than adequate since he was been “injured”.

VN Store

Back