Crazy to think...if we beat Ole Miss

The refs didn't cost us anything in the Ole Miss game. There's a lot of if's that are directly on the team for losing that. We can't seem to get a stop on 3rd long for anything. I could go on and on. Just play a complete game in all phases and win.
I mean they pretty obviously cost us one touchdown.

We did beat Ole Miss, but someone on the refs squad screwed us....
If we had held Matt Corral to 100 yards rushing up the gut, instead of 195 yards up the gut, the call would not have mattered. Those things have a way of evening out. Remember the face mask against Kentucky on us that was not called, just sayin. It has been a fun team to watch and plenty of hope for the future. We need portal linebackers immediately.

Reactions: SAPPER 5 and CR-vol
If we had held Matt Corral to 100 yards rushing up the gut, instead of 195 yards up the gut, the call would not have mattered. Those things have a way of evening out. Remember the face mask against Kentucky on us that was not called, just sayin. It has been a fun team to watch and plenty of hope for the future. We need portal linebackers immediately.

The face mask argument is dumb because they got the first down afterwards.

Kentucky couldn’t close it out on offense when it mattered and lost.

I don’t think it was just Kiffin either. Just so frustrating after so many years of pathetic football to have the deck stacked against you so blatantly. Refs were terrible, fans response was terrible as well but the conference’s response was the worst of the whole damn debacle.

Kiffin wasn't the spark to that, but he was the gasoline thrown on it. So, yeah that was a 5h1t storm all around.

To think that if we had pulled that one out(thanks refs), we would be 7-4, and 4-3. We would be in a tie with a number of other teams for 3rd in the SEC overall. We would end up 2nd in the East by virtue of having beat Kentucky. Assuming that Ole Miss wins, and Texas A&M wins, we would be in a tie with those teams and Kentucky..... What could have been.

My point is that we are a fairly called game away from being arguably the 3rd best team in the SEC. Could we beat MSU now? I think so. How bout Texas A&M? I think so, at least in Neyland.

Recruiting will need to pick up, but when you change the outcome of just this single game, we certainly have the coach of the year, and, imo, we already do.

Beat Vandy and whomever in the bowl and 8-5 is beyond any of out hopes, realistic that is.
It drives me nuts, it’s like Tennessee gets NO breaks.

Reactions: Bigorangedan23
In my opinion, the back breaker against Ole Miss happened early in the game when Velus muffed the punt. But there were at least 2-3 pivotal calls in that game that were unacceptable, and altered the outcome. We would have won that game and Pitt if fairness was equally distributed.

To think that if we had pulled that one out(thanks refs), we would be 7-4, and 4-3. We would be in a tie with a number of other teams for 3rd in the SEC overall. We would end up 2nd in the East by virtue of having beat Kentucky. Assuming that Ole Miss wins, and Texas A&M wins, we would be in a tie with those teams and Kentucky..... What could have been.

My point is that we are a fairly called game away from being arguably the 3rd best team in the SEC. Could we beat MSU now? I think so. How bout Texas A&M? I think so, at least in Neyland.

Recruiting will need to pick up, but when you change the outcome of just this single game, we certainly have the coach of the year, and, imo, we already do.

Beat Vandy and whomever in the bowl and 8-5 is beyond any of out hopes, realistic that is.
If better play calling we beat pitt and possibly carry bama to the wire but, if a frog had wings....

Reactions: LittleVol
I’m not gonna live in the what if’s. Tennessee had opportunities that night that they did not capitalize on regardless of the officiating. That’s my opinion. For all the players that left I’m optimistic about the future.

Agree. We (I am not a player but avid fan/alumnus, so I reference the word, “we”) had chances to win both games but failed to make the plays. Officiating errors occur very week in every sport @ every level.
With that said, the Music City Bowl (or whatever bowl ) should help the younger players with more practice time.
My concern is QB as I think Hendon leaves school (turns 24 hrs old in Jan), and I’m definitely not sold on Milton for next season.

Agree. We (I am not a player but avid fan/alumnus, so I reference the word, “we”) had chances to win both games but failed to make the plays. Officiating errors occur very week in every sport @ every level.
With that said, the Music City Bowl (or whatever bowl ) should help the younger players with more practice time.
My concern is QB as I think Hendon leaves school (turns 24 hrs old in Jan), and I’m definitely not sold on Milton for next season.
I’d like to think even if Hooker leaves, his success in CJH offense will definitely spark interest from some transfer QB’s. Milton does not impress me at all.

Reactions: vol94
For the first time in a long time they have been fun to watch.
The season record has just been icing on the cake.

I’m not gonna live in the what if’s. Tennessee had opportunities that night that they did not capitalize on regardless of the officiating. That’s my opinion. For all the players that left I’m optimistic about the future.

One doesnt need to live in what ifs to appreciate how close this team was to a great season once all the departures are taken into consideration. The fact that this coaching staff and their playbooks and playcalls are all new as well..speaks volumes of how good the job this staff has done this year.

The Pitt game and the OM game are real game changers, we should have won both, we could have beat FL, we should have won the other two, but hey! Let’s go beat Vandy!!!

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I cannot tell you how many Dawg and Gator fans have told me they are glad that we have one automatic "L" on our schedule each year playing Bama.
I would like to see the record of teams from the East Division that have won that
division while playing Bama during the regular season.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back