'22 GA OL Shadre Hurst

My Alma Mater. One of these days we're going to land a player from there.
We signed a tight end from Cartersville under Pruitt but he transferred after 2y.

That HS is amazing for talent - Ronnie Brown, Trevor Lawrence, WR who I have forgotten, and others.

Reactions: volnut1
We signed a tight end from Cartersville under Pruitt but he transferred after 2y.

That HS is amazing for talent - Ronnie Brown, Trevor Lawrence, WR who I have forgotten, and others.
and on top of that, it's a baseball school. lol.

Reactions: volnut1
Shadre playing some nose tackle in this big game against Warner Robins…

I ain’t saying we should get him. Just some recruiting talk from the place where I reside…. I guess he could be 40 pounds heavier and all y’all would assume he’s “better”. He has to keep his weight around 260 for wrestling. After he dominates his way to a state title in wrestling, then he’ll put on some more weight. He’s a Monster in the weight room. So, he could be close to 300 by the time he goes to college. I think he’ll be a good one. Has a lot of intangibles. I feel his wrestling accomplishments are under appreciated by this board. Who was that dude that was a wrestling champ in Tennessee and went to Vanderbilt because our Vols didn’t want him, then he dominated our DLine while Vandy embarrassed us. I remember everyone saying the same things about him: too small, not big enough, not SEC material…
This is a perfect example of people looking at height and weight and determining the guys worth. It's almost like everyone is a recruiter in here. Give the staff some credit for their evaluations of potential recruits. They get paid the big bucks for their decisions.

This is a perfect example of people looking at height and weight and determining the guys worth. It's almost like everyone is a recruiter in here. Give the staff some credit for their evaluations of potential recruits. They get paid the big bucks for their decisions.

Has Tennessee offered this kid? The original poster seemed to be saying he hoped Tennessee would offer, not that they had.

Has Tennessee offered this kid? The original poster seemed to be saying he hoped Tennessee would offer, not that they had.
I have no idea, I was referring to the people who didn't like his weight for his height as a football player. The guy is a wrestler and has to maintain a certain weight to wrestle in his classification. You have to look at the whole picture in recruiting.

Most OL's get to college and either need to add weight or else lose bad weight and gain good weight back.

I have no idea, I was referring to the people who didn't like his weight for his height as a football player. The guy is a wrestler and has to maintain a certain weight to wrestle in his classification. You have to look at the whole picture in recruiting.
Dude - the weight limit is 285 not 260!

They have not. I made the thread because I’m from Cartersvile and know about him. He’ll play football in college mainly because of how scholarships work in wrestling. However, I’d bet he could be a NCAA tournament qualifier in wrestling, which is no small feat.

He should get a few more power 5 offers. I didn’t mean to waste anyone’s time on a guy that won’t get a UT offer. I just like to talk about wrestling and football; and, Shadre checks both of those boxes. Truly a rare talent for his size

VN Store

Back