Crazy to think...if we beat Ole Miss

tarvol73

To think that if we had pulled that one out(thanks refs), we would be 7-4, and 4-3. We would be in a tie with a number of other teams for 3rd in the SEC overall. We would end up 2nd in the East by virtue of having beat Kentucky. Assuming that Ole Miss wins, and Texas A&M wins, we would be in a tie with those teams and Kentucky..... What could have been.

My point is that we are a fairly called game away from being arguably the 3rd best team in the SEC. Could we beat MSU now? I think so. How bout Texas A&M? I think so, at least in Neyland.

Recruiting will need to pick up, but when you change the outcome of just this single game, we certainly have the coach of the year, and, imo, we already do.

Beat Vandy and whomever in the bowl and 8-5 is beyond any of out hopes, realistic that is.

To think that if we had pulled that one out(thanks refs), we would be 7-4, and 4-3. We would be in a tie with a number of other teams for 3rd in the SEC overall. We would end up 2nd in the East by virtue of having beat Kentucky. Assuming that Ole Miss wins, and Texas A&M wins, we would be in a tie with those teams and Kentucky..... What could have been.

My point is that we are a fairly called game away from being arguably the 3rd best team in the SEC. Could we beat MSU now? I think so. How bout Texas A&M? I think so, at least in Neyland.

Recruiting will need to pick up, but when you change the outcome of just this single game, we certainly have the coach of the year, and, imo, we already do.

Beat Vandy and whomever in the bowl and 8-5 is beyond any of out hopes, realistic that is.
Imagine how we would feel right now if the Vols would have beaten Pitt and Ole Piss? Hueple would have already had Coach of the year wrapped up if we could have those 2 games back!

We earned a win and the refs stole it from us. Our team did their part

I just kind of wish the stuff had not been thrown on the field. I kinda get why the fans did it. Had just as much to do with Kiffin as it did the refs. And had it been against anyone else besides him? I would be a tad more aggravated with it. IMO, he has no place in the SEC. And the fact that Alabama and Ole Miss brought him back in is just a huge reason to hold it against them forever.

Imagine how we would feel right now if the Vols would have beaten Pitt and Ole Piss? Hueple would have already had Coach of the year wrapped up if we could have those 2 games back!

Had they won those two? Free deoderant and urinals for everybody!

Reactions: Pickle1

I’m not gonna live in the what if’s. Tennessee had opportunities that night that they did not capitalize on regardless of the officiating. That’s my opinion. For all the players that left I’m optimistic about the future.

If the refs didn't miss an obvious face mask we prob lose to Kentucky. If if if if if doesn't mean squat.
And if the refs didn't miss an obvious hold on UK the face mask wouldn't have mattered. On the whole, I think it is completely fair to say that UT has been on the wrong end of bad officiating more than their share this year.

I’m not gonna live in the what if’s. Tennessee had opportunities that night that they did not capitalize on regardless of the officiating. That’s my opinion. For all the players that left I’m optimistic about the future.

Yeah, could have won by more than one score. That opportunity was denied them for sure by those calls. I have yet to see any official wave both arms and blow a whistle on our TD play.

I did see MR. Clasless lobbying with officials before the conference in the end zone. If replay could have made the call AFTER THE FACT it would have been one thing. Not in their jurisdiction to rule on progress thus the gutless way after the fact ruling on the field logic, which none did as they followed the play to the end zone. The one official running in to rule on forward motion with one arm in air IF IF IF the play was blown dead is NOT calling it dead.

Reactions: Samthebam
I just kind of wish the stuff had not been thrown on the field. I kinda get why the fans did it. Had just as much to do with Kiffin as it did the refs. And had it been against anyone else besides him? I would be a tad more aggravated with it. IMO, he has no place in the SEC. And the fact that Alabama and Ole Miss brought him back in is just a huge reason to hold it against them forever.
I don’t think it was just Kiffin either. Just so frustrating after so many years of pathetic football to have the deck stacked against you so blatantly. Refs were terrible, fans response was terrible as well but the conference’s response was the worst of the whole damn debacle.

VN Store

Back