Hendon Hooker Leads Nation in Critical Stat

Tennessee Vols quarterback Hendon Hooker is the best passer in the nation under pressure.

And yes, that includes Heisman frontrunner Bryce Young, the Alabama quarterback who has tossed for 3,584 yards this season.

Hooker leads the nation in passer rating under pressure this season according to Pro Football Focus.

If you extrapolate the numbers from Hooker’s nine starts over a 13 game season (12 regular-season games plus a bowl game), he’d have a stat line of 3,203 yards, 32 touchdowns, and only three interceptions. Hooker would also have 629 rushing yards and seven rushing touchdowns.

The passing yard total would be No. 5 all-time in Tennessee history, while the passing touchdowns total would be No. 3 all-time in program history.

Tennessee Vols quarterback Hendon Hooker is the best passer in the nation under pressure.

And yes, that includes Heisman frontrunner Bryce Young, the Alabama quarterback who has tossed for 3,584 yards this season.

Hooker leads the nation in passer rating under pressure this season according to Pro Football Focus.

If you extrapolate the numbers from Hooker’s nine starts over a 13 game season (12 regular-season games plus a bowl game), he’d have a stat line of 3,203 yards, 32 touchdowns, and only three interceptions. Hooker would also have 629 rushing yards and seven rushing touchdowns.

The passing yard total would be No. 5 all-time in Tennessee history, while the passing touchdowns total would be No. 3 all-time in program history.

That's scary good beings he didn't start and a new offense to run

I really hope he comes back, I know he needs to do what’s best for himself, but I hope that what’s best for him is another year with us.

Hendon coming back would be absolutely huge for next year. Hopefully kids are taking notice of the way that his numbers shot up in one year with Heupel

Maybe we will get him back next year so we all can see what he can do over a 13 game season as the starter.

If he leaves (that is a big if) after this season, he will be harder to replace than Dobb's was..

For some reason my gut feels like he will return for one more season. He's had a great year for sure, I just feel like his draft stocks would shoot up tremendously if he could add on to the success he has had this year and do it again next year.

Can you imagine the Butch Jones Era without Dobbs to bail him out?

I won't say "IF".......

I'd like to look back in time in another dimension where we had Hooker, Evans and both Mays brothers from game 1.

Is what it is, but I'd just like to know what woulda happened.

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving to all and your families.

He's a gifted talent that's for sure
I don't want this to sound bad. You can go back months and even to spring and find that I've always liked him personally and as a player. I believe he's a talented guy... but I think you will see a string of "gifted talents" benefit from Heupel's system and more importantly Heupel's leadership. Hooker was average to above average for VT. No one anywhere that I'm aware of predicted he would be as good as he's been.

How many of you would have given $25 at the first of the season to see the show Hooker and his Vols have put on this year? C’mon, be honest.

Why not thank HH in a small way by visiting his web site and spending $25 for his book to gift to a child (or place in your Vol man cave)!!

https://www.hookedonsports.org/

Reactions: GordonC
It's been a long long time since we have had a QB lead the nation in any stat. Hendon Hooker has been a huge surprise this year! Happy Thanksgiving!! Go VOLS!! Tennessee Vols QB Hendon Hooker leads nation in critical stat

ZOUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

200.gif

Reactions: FLVOL_79
If he leaves (that is a big if) after this season, he will be harder to replace than Dobb's was..
Do not agree. The knock against Hooker in the draft will be he played in a simplified offense and was not required to make complicated reads. He needs another year to continue to develop his skills and to run a more developed offense. Hooker’s biggest asset right now is a guy named Heupel who will make him the top QB in next year’s draft.

Heupel can easily develop the next QB to a level similar to Hooker next year. He has done it before. Replacement does not concern me.

Reactions: Woke

VN Store

Back