College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

Florida wins at the buzzer. Stays undefeated. SEC is going to be a bloodbath. Florida is a lot better than I expected them to be. We might actually be the 6th best team “right now” in the SEC. This could be the year the SEC gets 8-9 teams in the big dance. Performing really well in the non-conference and will have a ton of chances for teams to get Q1 or Q2 wins during conference play because of it.

There’s not 6 better teams than us in the SEC.

UK and Bama are the only ones I see out in front so far.

Reactions: HippieVol33
LSU is smoking teams but they haven’t played anyone with a pulse. Their toughest game is Georgia Tech in a couple weeks. They play an MTE starting tomorrow and get the winner of Wake Forest/Oregon State. It’s almost like they made an effort to schedule the easiest OOC schedule they could. It’s a joke

There’s not 6 better teams than us in the SEC.

UK and Bama are the only ones I see out in front so far.

I think we’re a good team, but depending on the extent of Josiah’s injury and the way we got absolutely obliterated by Villanova tells me we have a lot of growing to do. Again, we are still a good, Top-25 team that can contend for the SEC Title. I think the difference between 1 and 7 in the SEC is really slim.

But, as I see it, here is where I’d put that Top-7 right now.

1. Kentucky
2. Alabama
3. Arkansas
4. Florida
5. Auburn
6. Tennessee
7. LSU

I just think Florida has better wins right now than us and seems to be playing better. I’m not concerned though because it’s November and how someone is playing in November doesn’t really matter much.

I think we’re a good team, but depending on the extent of Josiah’s injury and the way we got absolutely obliterated by Villanova tells me we have a lot of growing to do. Again, we are still a good, Top-25 team that can contend for the SEC Title. I think the difference between 1 and 7 in the SEC is really slim.

1. Kentucky
2. Alabama
3. Arkansas
4. Florida
5. Auburn
6. Tennessee
7. LSU

I just think Florida has better wins right now than us and seems to be playing better. I’m not concerned though because it’s November and how someone is playing in November doesn’t really matter much.
It's way to early to really tell. You could just as easily flip a list like the the other way. At the present I agree that we are probably in the middle. 5-7ish

Reactions: TheMookieMonster
Desmond Oliver just reeled off 4 straight wins in the Naples Invitational. Good start to the season for them.

Meanwhile Kim English just dropped his 4th straight in a close one to likely Summit champ S Dakota St. Gaines laid a huge egg. I had to double check this stat line I didn’t even think it was right. Only 4% of possessions?
FC6AFA63-B7FF-44FA-8223-9A6B25BE8760.jpeg

1. Kentucky
2. Alabama
3. Arkansas
4. Florida
5. Auburn
6. Tennessee
7. LSU

Auburn? What was it that impressed you? The 58-52 win over South Florida or the loss to UConn?

What about Arkansas? Their come behind win against Northern Iowa? Narrow victory against Cincinnati?

Reactions: Vol49er
Auburn? What was it that impressed you? The 58-52 win over South Florida or the loss to UConn?

I think UCONN is really good and will push Nova for the Big East crown. That conference has been off to an electric start. Taking them to Double OT is impressive in itself. Granted, it was a slim margin like I said. You could flip Auburn and us and I would be fine with it. But, I definitely think the other 4 are better than us at this moment.

Again, it’s November. And, we have plenty of chances coming up against elite competition in the non-conference to get better before conference play. Excited for the Texas Tech game.

It's way to early to really tell. You could just as easily flip a list like the the other way. At the present I agree that we are probably in the middle. 5-7ish

Agreed. It’s early, which is why I keep put prefaces on my opinion because I know some will take it the wrong way. This is more about how good the SEC is and less about us. There might be 7 teams ranked in the SEC for a good portion of the year. The ACC is down this year which helps. PAC-12 is crap outside of Arizona and UCLA. We might be one of the two best conferences this season.

I think UCONN is really good and will push Nova for the Big East crown. That conference has been off to an electric start. Taking them to Double OT is impressive in itself. Granted, it was a slim margin like I said. You could flip Auburn and us and I would be fine with it. But, I definitely think the other 4 are better than us at this moment.

Again, it’s November. And, we have plenty of chances coming up against elite competition in the non-conference to get better before conference play. Excited for the Texas Tech game.
Not Arkansas IMO. I think LSU potentially but like I posted earlier they haven’t played anyone with a pulse.

Anyway it’s kind of being nit-picky. I get your point is that the top SEC looks like it’s going to be super competitive

Reactions: TheMookieMonster
The ref who called that was behind the play. He couldn’t have even seen it. Terrible refs like that ought to get their ass chewed off
Nothing annoys me more than when a ref that’s out of position is the guy making the call. There’s 3 refs on the court, if your the furthest one away/or blocked out of the play and making a call, most likely your wrong.

Agreed. It’s early, which is why I keep put prefaces on my opinion because I know some will take it the wrong way. This is more about how good the SEC is and less about us. There might be 7 teams ranked in the SEC for a good portion of the year. The ACC is down this year which helps. PAC-12 is crap outside of Arizona and UCLA. We might be one of the two best conferences this season.
We are similar to a lot of teams in the SEC like Auburn and Alabama. Decent to good with a lot of capacity for improvement.

VN Store

Back