All things STOCKS

I was right about it being not too late to get into MU. So I am also going to buy some AMAT. They are a provider for people building chip fabs. Everything is in plummet mode right this second, but it'll settle down shortly I would imagine.

Not being a smartass, but what's the rationale? I never have understood trying to pick bottoms in stocks during a bull market.

I think we are pretty close to the end of the bull market and I think we will get one last hurrah with COVID this winter, which I think will help TDOC.

TDOC - Announced decent earnings on 10/27. Ran up 10% the next day. Has subsequently lost 25-30% of value since they guided light for 2022 at an investor's day last week. Personally, I think it's too much of a drop. An increase to where they were 3 1/2 weeks ago is a 40% gain.

BABA - Have been stalking it for a while. Once it dipped below $140, I decided to pull the trigger.

Reactions: bpalmer28
For over 5 years I’ve parked my cash in PGX which is a preferred stock ETF that pays about a 5% dividend. Typically hangs close to $15 but dropped down to 14.66 this morning and I moved the rest of my cash holdings into it.

Interesting tech “rout” continuing. Some stuff headed down and some not. MU is still soaring. I had a covered call on UTCC and i had to roll it out to avoid selling, but now it’s in no danger of being sold. NVO took a dive but I think it would be a decent long term hold anyway.

For over 5 years I’ve parked my cash in PGX which is a preferred stock ETF that pays about a 5% dividend. Typically hangs close to $15 but dropped down to 14.66 this morning and I moved the rest of my cash holdings into it.

Of course it should drop if interest rates rise. But rising interest rates will create chaos with this level of national debt, so considerably higher rates shouldn’t happen quickly.

Of course it should drop if interest rates rise. But rising interest rates will create chaos with this level of national debt, so considerably higher rates shouldn’t happen quickly.
I’m of the believe the Fed has lost interest rates as a tool to slow down an over heated economy due to the massive national debt. I’ve pretty much quit considering rising interest rates in my investment decisions these days. So, except a sudden rise in interest rates any day now!

Swing traders might have a really good opportunity to dive into the COVID recovery names today. Travel stocks in particular if you believe that the virus isn’t about to have yet another large surge. There is a lot of panic today right now on a thinly traded day after Thanksgiving. Holding shares over the weekend isn’t necessarily a good idea for the more nervous participants in the financial securities markets.

Equity markets will close at 1pm today.

DJIA is off 800+ right now.

I’m of the believe the Fed has lost interest rates as a tool to slow down an over heated economy due to the massive national debt. I’ve pretty much quit considering rising interest rates in my investment decisions these days. So, except a sudden rise in interest rates any day now!
Them's the breaks. I'm assuming you meant "expect".
That's investing.

Oil is in an absolute free fall, down over 9%.

Even if this is an overblown fear, it's affecting markets more strongly than when news of the other variants hit.

Looks like we’re back to plummet mode.

I did not achieve perfect market timing in that AMAT dip. That was a pretty deep dip.

My American Airlines stock is plummeting to earth at the moment...Ehh like the ole saying goes, You don't lose money until you SELL!...It drops some more and i'll be buying a bunch more.

Reactions: Go aeiou
My American Airlines stock is plummeting to earth at the moment...Ehh like the ole saying goes, You don't lose money until you SELL!...It drops some more and i'll be buying a bunch more.
Im buying cruise lines and JBLU. AA might be a better stock though.
I buy for the long haul.

Reactions: VOLnMiami
COVID updates are creating extreme moves in the markets. Having a 12-24 month time horizon should be easy pickings for the post COVID names that have good balance sheets. The longer it drags out, there will be weaker companies failing and the survivors coming out of it well positioned.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheColdVolTruth
COVID updates are creating extreme moves in the markets. Having an 12-24 month time horizon should be easy pickings for the post COVID names that have good balance sheets. The longer it drags out, there will be weaker companies failing and the survivors coming out of it well positioned.

It feels like a momentum thing. Some people are starting to panic, and they sell equities "before I lose it all". I expect to accumulate quality as bad days continue. I can't say it's easy to do emotionally.

Reactions: TheColdVolTruth

VN Store

Back