CJH taking care of his players

Wes Rucker @wesrucker247 18h

#Vols coach Josh Heupel said his players that can’t get home for Thanksgiving will be eating at his house or an assistant coach’s house Thursday.

If Rucker isn't mucking, we got a coach guy who will eventually get top recruits because they will realize the coach doesn't just claim to love his players, but actually does.
Heup, Heup, Hooray!!!

I think with the attitude of our coaches, if they stay together, by year three at least, we will see a phenomenon. Players who want to play for Heupel, including coveted five stars. We already see signs of this with our current team. Players who would run through a brick wall, for Josh & Co. Knock down titanium vault doors, defuse a supernova, climb Mons Olympus to plant the school flag, and force Species 8472 to surrender unconditionally.

I just like the way he coaches.

I know he wouldn't kick a field goal on 4th and 1 from the 3 yard line like CBJ!

Wes Rucker @wesrucker247 18h
#Vols coach Josh Heupel said his players that can’t get home for Thanksgiving will be eating at his house or an assistant coach’s house Thursday.

If Rucker isn't mucking, we got a coach guy who will eventually get top recruits because they will realize the coach doesn't just claim to love his players, but actually does.
Heup, Heup, Hooray!!!

There was once a people who were down trodden. Spent 40 years in the desert, teaching, learning. Then they entered the Promised Land and slaughtered every thing in their path. I ain't sayin' CJH is Moses; however, closest thing I've seen Tennessee Football wise for a while at least. I hope the slaughtering in the near future part is right . GO VOLS!
You only told part of the story. An entire generation died in the desert because they complained all the time and refused to enter the promised land when given the chance.

There. I said it. :)

Josh is a players coach and you can tell that he loves his kids that's why they play so hard for him. This team has overachieved and Josh and his staff are the reasons why. I'm proud to have him as our HC. I think he's the one we've been looking for Nation.

GBO

I'm there with you up until your last sentence. He MAY be the one we've been looking for but he's not going to be the one getting blown out by our big 3, Bama, UGA, and UF. Yes Mullen blew him out this year, go look at the score. He has to turn that corner or hit I-40 just like everybody else that couldn't get it done.

I LOVE THIS, but wait........ didn't we lose a really good basketball coach 'cause of a cook out? F it. This is FOOTBALL. No one says "It's basketball time in Tennessee"

EDIT: I would love to shove a turkey up the NCAA's A$$!!!!
These ar layers who have signed with played for Tennessee. The cookout coach did it illegally for a recruit and asked him and his father to lie about it. Correct way vs wrong way.

I've heard comments from Volnation posters, ESPN, and talk show commentators about CJH:

* What a good offensive mind he has
* One of NCAA's best young coaches
* A great hire and has UT heading in the right direction
* Knows how to get the most out of his players
* Etc.

The one comment that I have never heard players say about their coach, and I've heard it at least 4 times this year about CJH:

" Coach JH is a great teacher and you can really tell he loves us and wants us to love each other like a family"

A lot of these guys may have not had a fathers influence. Who wouldn't play hard for someone that loves them. I know, it's corny, but it impressed me.
It’s not corny.

Reactions: Hacksaw
I LOVE THIS, but wait........ didn't we lose a really good basketball coach 'cause of a cook out? F it. This is FOOTBALL. No one says "It's basketball time in Tennessee"

EDIT: I would love to shove a turkey up the NCAA's A$$!!!!
That was a recruit on an unofficial visit. Offsite activities were only allowed on official visits. That is what created the situation that caused that firing.

Reactions: Hacksaw

This one got my respect for sure.

Man. Hope CJH has like a dozen deep fryers.

Here?s a look at the universities which spent the most money on meals for college athletes in a recent study, according to Forbes.

1. University of Arkansas: $3.5 million
2. Ohio State University: $3.1 million
3. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor: $2.8 million
4. University of Iowa: $2.8 million
5. Texas A&M University, College Station: $2.7 million
6. University of Texas, Austin: $2.6 million
7. University of Minnesota, Twin Cities: $2.5 million
8. University of Kansas: $2.2 million
9. University of Tennessee, Knoxville: $1.9 million

I'm there with you up until your last sentence. He MAY be the one we've been looking for but he's not going to be the one getting blown out by our big 3, Bama, UGA, and UF. Yes Mullen blew him out this year, go look at the score. He has to turn that corner or hit I-40 just like everybody else that couldn't get it done.
So, by your assessment, he should be fired this year because he didn't defeat the established teams in his first year with a depleted roster. Interesting.

Agreed. If Milton hadn’t gotten injured, we might be looking at a horrid season. There was no decision to make a change there, and that still concerns me. That said, part of me wonders if there was more to that loyalty than meets the eye. I don’t think Huepel has ever played a QB that bad at any stop. Hopefully if there is more behind it, it wasn’t money talks and him being forced to play Milton and it was something more like Huepel being committed to coaching up talent.

VN Store

Back