The Awesomeness of Candace Parker

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
CBS Sports: A lot of details in your kicks over the years and with the Exhibit A shoes pay homage to the late Pat Summitt. How important was it to include those details when coming up with your shoes?
CP: Pat is in every shoe, whether it's my shoe or a PE or a shoe that they give me. I have orange [for the Tennessee Volunteers] in every shoe so I was able to kind of tell that story. Her influence has been huge from age 18 to 22 even to now at 35. I'm still inspired by things that she told me and I think I understand them even better now. When I'm parenting my daughter, I feel like [Pat] is there. I'll hear her words and sometimes I use them. So it was very important for our team to put her on the shoe, because she's on every shoe that I have and she's a huge part of my story.

Summitt_Parker-scaled-940x940.jpg
We may not be the elite program we once were, but we have always you Candice and Tamika on the floor keeping the Lady Vols at a championship level, and I thank you. Personally, I thank and honor you for always being the Pat Summitt and Lady Vol standard bearer, always reminding us and world that Coach Pat Summitt is gone, but she is still here and lives in all of us. Finally, I pray for your well being and that of your family, may Almighty God Bless you always. GO LADY VOLS:)

View attachment 414133
We may not be the elite program we once were, but we have always you Candice and Tamika on the floor keeping the Lady Vols at a championship level, and I thank you. Personally, I thank and honor you for always being the Pat Summitt and Lady Vol standard bearer, always reminding us and world that Coach Pat Summitt is gone, but she is still here and lives in all of us. Finally, I pray for your well being and that of your family, may Almighty God Bless you always. GO LADY VOLS:)
This isn't a knock on CKH she is doing a wonderful job you can see the program going in a better direction BUT if Candace or Tamika was coaching it wouldn't be that they can coach better than CKH but the big time recruits would flock to TN it would be the affect of Deon Sanders going to Jackson State its the name recognition but make no mistake they both would be outstanding coaches

Reactions: sisaq
There have been many memorable Lady Vols other than these two. Maybe not as memorable as these, but still worthy of being powerful assets to the game, the Vol program and society as a whole. Being a "PAT" Lady Vol to me has to be looked at by the few ladies who can say it, has being one of their crowning life achievements. Just having met the "Lady" I consider it a life time honor.

She has put her daughter on a basketball team recently

I watched a recent interview and she said this was the first year that her daughter really started expressing interest. If she does become a ball player I think she’ll be a true post.

Candace developed all those guards skills in elementary school. Lai looks to have had a big growth spurt this year so that may have encouraged her toward basketball as well.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back