Game Thread: (16/12) Lady Vols 74 - (12/21) Texas 70

For those few people who feel the need to criticize Jordy for something, anything just stop. You look silly nitpicking a kid who has just exploded into a dominant player right before our eyes. I don’t care if she airmails three passes a game into the fourth row as long as she keeps playing with the energy and confidence we have seen so far this season. Next AA after Rae!!!!!

For those few people who feel the need to criticize Jordy for something, anything just stop. You look silly nitpicking a kid who has just exploded into a dominant player right before our eyes. I don’t care if she airmails three passes a game into the fourth row as long as she keeps playing with the energy and confidence we have seen so far this season. Next AA after Rae!!!!!

This team was supposed to tank when Rae went down and Jordan has stepped up and filled that big void and she is making clutch shots down the stretch.

I get the concern for turnovers i really do and i am concerned. HOWEVER, the thing that comforts me is that no matter how people criticize (be it positively or negatively), downplay, point fingers at, etc there is no harder critic than Jordan on herself. That's the sign of a good player trying to be great. So no matter what the couch coaches say Jordan's own will to be a good player is what drives her.

Wow just checked the box scores, especially the shooting stats and somebody obviously snuck on the floor and scored for us. I believe we outshot them at 2, 3, and FT. All that is left is coaching wizardry.... guess that is it, but starting at about page 10 that is not the message I saw being shared among the FAITHFUL.

Faithful? Get a grip. UT graduate here and DVR every football, men's and women's basketball games. There aren't many as faithful as I am. I still don't think the 3 I mentioned are SEC caliber players and right now UT doesn't have a consistent shooter. Scorer sure, shooter no.

Reactions: mcannon1
Why Wynn and not Puckett? I think Sara is playing better than both by a good margin.
Puckett played 35 mins, Darby 9. There’s nine mins for Wynn.
But since you brought it up-I find Puckett to be a bit slow. Feel like the upside is higher for Wynn. Coach was right in an exceptionally tight game at this point to give the lion share of the mins to Puckett, but in games not this tight, then give Wynn some of Puckett’s 35 mins too.

Another one that did not age well from various threads, were complaints that Key was too lazy, soft or complacent to get rebounds....

Loved seeing her dive on the floor at mid-court to tie up the ball.

I really don't have any original insights or intelligent analysis to add to what everyone else has saoid, but I'm enjoying the heck out of this thread. Great comments all around! :)

But since you brought it up-I find Puckett to be a bit slow. Feel like the upside is higher for Wynn. Coach was right in an exceptionally tight game at this point to give the lion share of the mins to Puckett, but in games not this tight, then give Wynn some of Puckett’s 35 mins too.
They don't play the same position...

Reactions: mudcat1973

I thought Wynn was a spark in the USF game, and I hope she gets to play more too. I do trust hat Kellie has a much bigger sample size of Wynn's play so far and she apparently doesn't think she is ready for much time in big games yet. As far as Puckett's speed, I am interested to see how much she is slowed down by being too deliberate and cautious due to nerves. While I imagine she will never be known for her blazing speed, she does seemed hampered by overthinking rather than being in the flow.

Twice they flopped after hitting each other and not realizing it was a teammate. As an official if I see that you’re not getting another contact call all night. Kellie got on the officials immediately when they called that foul on Walker in the first half when Warren flopped on that screen. It was a perfect screen with no excess and Warren acted like she got shoved and the official bit. Kellie gave him an earful and I can really only think of 1 flop they got after that.

On the other end we picked up a few legitimate charges again which was great to see. Green does a wonderful job getting in position for the charge.
do you think green tried to draw a charge 2 seconds left ? or did texas bump her over green was set. defence playes should not flop in no change zone always get foul called on them.

voice to text?
proofread
madtownvol did like bonehead passes insight not best way to say wild passes but i did call hoston a name. hoston is getting better each season when she stops trying to do to much she get be one of best players in country her turnovers most time are her trying to get ball to other players

What Kellie likes about Puckett is that she doesn't make a lot of mistakes and plays really good defense for a freshman. She is locked in to the team concept and isn't a liability with turnovers or taking bad shots. She is also our best three point shooter on a limited amount of attempts 3 of 9. I'd like to see both Karoline and Kaiya play and believe we'll see a lot of them in a few of the upcoming home games. I think they may be a little behind in understanding the system and that is why they have not played more. I look for both to do more as the season progresses.

I'll bet you can't find any other player in the nation, men or women, who is averaging 7.7 turnovers a game. I would guess that easily tops the country, and it's absolutely ridiculous for an upperclassman guard who isn't even the primary point guard. She is great at so many things, but her attitude and carelessness with the ball is why she will never be an elite player...
Your true colors shine through every time!

But seriously it did seem a little like they were favoring us. We stayed on 4 team fouls for like the whole quarter. But hey home team gets the calls.

Normally we can't buy a call in our own house, so if we had a little advantage here this go 'round it doesn't come near making up for what is usually done to us.

259869088_624457178577098_7630845208324562465_n.jpg

Great job by Jordan Walker for keeping us in it early! This confidence boost should enable her to continue adding to our scoring threats. Nice upper-class leadership.

Also great to see Alexus continue to settle in and be a major contributor in scoring, rebounding, and improving defensive effort.

VN Store

Back