Mullen fired at Florida

Why would Baylor want Mullen. That guy's stock has crashed.

Baylor can't exactly pick and choose who they want. They traditionally are a hard school to win at.

And despite Mullen's bad year, he's still one of the winningest coaches in college football and runs a good offense. He's gonna have plenty of suitors.

Some of the betting sites have the best odds for Napier. I don't really know anything about him except he coaches at LA-Lafayette.

One of the SEC NW commentators said FL fans want Urban back since he is flaming out badly at Jacksonville. I don't see him coming back there but he has a large ego and will need somewhere to rebuild after Jacksonville fires him.

I really want to know what precipitated this season’s collapse in Gainesville. Locker room issues? Or something between players and coaching staff.

It’s abnormal what happened there.

Players have quit after staff changes made a month or so ago. Typical in most cases of mid season changes

(1). Who would have thought the Gators would be where they are after the way they played Bama??? (2). No idea who they go after. (3). Mullen will have a job before Christmas.

I set my DVR to record the Dan Mullen show for today to see
how he would explain the Mizzou game ( schadenfreude ).
It was canceled. LOL.

Reactions: MikeTheVol
Mullen is a very good coach.

He won 10 games in each of his first two seasons at Florida and went 8-2 against 2020's all-sec schedule. Had Bama on the ropes in the SECCG and this year was a missed XP away from taking Bama into overtime. I don't know why the wheels fell off after the LSU game, but I'd be shocked if Mullen doesn't end up with a good job and do well wherever he lands.

I’m certainly not defending Dooley, but looking back. I would have to rate him above Butch.
NOBODY is below Pruitt.

Dooley was an all time bad coach. He was 4-19 in conference play. I will listen to arguments that Pruitt did more damage than Dooley but Pruitt and Butch were far better coaches to Dooley and their records prove it.

Reactions: orchidvol
Lots of pressure to get a hire done by around Thxgiving by these schools largely due to the earlier recruiting date. My guess is LSU turned down by Riley and Fla jumps on Kiffen to beat out Tigers, then LSU chooses Aranda. Franklin to USC.
Florida went south quickly because once they couldn't win the East they lost interest and because he foolishly brought his 'gf' from MSU to run recruiting the Gators lost momentum there. That plus the poor results on the field did him in.
No way Florida makes a better hire than LSU... JMO, but I think LSU is the best job in the country. They will get whoever they want, within reason. Riley isn't within reason. Those are just media and message board rumors.

I think Kiffin will accept any decent job he's offered because of the QB situation at Ole Miss. He's screwed after Corral leaves, unless he wins big with the transfer portal.

I’m certainly not defending Dooley, but looking back. I would have to rate him above Butch.
NOBODY is below Pruitt.

It’s hard to say. I only know that with all 3 of them it was apparently really bad behind the scenes, which is ultimately what caused the downfall every time. Clearly we don’t have that now.

I will say, unless I just don’t remember it, Dooley was the only one of the 3 that didn’t try to hose UT when they got let go. Butch took a very low paying job so we would have to pay his salary, and Pruitt threatened to bring down the whole athletic department.

NOBODY is below Pruitt.
Pruitt's story is not completely finished (potential NCAA penalties looming), but he objectively was a better coach than Dooley. Dooley won 17% of his conference games in 3 years. Pruitt won 38%.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo

VN Store

Back