'22 GA CB Christian Harrison (Tennessee signee)

Oh I agree they haven't been the same since Urban left, but they have maintained that mid tier program with a few highs.

I want them to get where we were and stay there for awhile. Like "worried about losing to Vandy" level.

Yeah well they got a taste of it this year with losing to USCe, and UK. and escaping against lower level programs. But I hear you, they’ve had coaching turnover, but we’re asking for them to go into purgatory got it!!

Reactions: buckfama
Nope, but I coached with a guy this year who is extremely connected at UF. There are several things about Mullen that rubbed the admin and donors the wrong way. Didn’t ask what they were. Was just told that there is a huge push for Freeze and this was before the entire meltdown and collapse of the UF season.
Fickell, Napier, and Elko are the other potentially but I don’t see it being Elko (unproven as a head coach). Other high profile jobs out there for Fickell and Napier. USC and LSU.
Also, Franklin could potentially return to the SEC. his star has faded at Penn State but he also dumped Armstrong and is with Sexton now.

I still don’t think anyone is trying to hire Hugh Freeze

I still don’t think anyone is trying to hire Hugh Freeze

I agree. I think Freeze's agent makes sure his name shows up as a coach that is on the search lists. But I honestly don't think any AD's at big schools are even taking him seriously as a candidate.

If Florida wants to hire Freeze they will. And before anybody says the can’t, yes they can. Not saying they will but the sec office cannot stop Florida if they go that route.GBO!
I think Liberty is about to throw big money at Freeze.
GBO!!

If Freeze likes it at Liberty, don’t know why he’d want to leave unless he just wants to be at a P5 school. He gets quality recruits to transfer to his school that keep him competitive to the point he won’t ever have to worry about being fired for wins/losses. Don’t know what he makes there, but I’m sure it’s enough for he and his family to live very comfortably for a long time. Why leave that to go someplace like UF or UT even where 8-4 will get you fired?

Reactions: DarthVol1
If Freeze likes it at Liberty, don’t know why he’d want to leave unless he just wants to be at a P5 school. He gets quality recruits to transfer to his school that keep him competitive to the point he won’t ever have to worry about being fired for wins/losses. Don’t know what he makes there, but I’m sure it’s enough for he and his family to live very comfortably for a long time. Why leave that to go someplace like UF or UT even where 8-4 will get you fired?
They just gave him a raise. 4 mil annually

Nope, but I coached with a guy this year who is extremely connected at UF. There are several things about Mullen that rubbed the admin and donors the wrong way. Didn’t ask what they were. Was just told that there is a huge push for Freeze and this was before the entire meltdown and collapse of the UF season.
Fickell, Napier, and Elko are the other potentially but I don’t see it being Elko (unproven as a head coach). Other high profile jobs out there for Fickell and Napier. USC and LSU.
Also, Franklin could potentially return to the SEC. his star has faded at Penn State but he also dumped Armstrong and is with Sexton now.

I think you have a bad source.

Now Napier, I believe.

Sources: Liberty, Freeze agree to new megadeal

Reactions: Maxwell865
I was having a conversation with someone about this earlier. The thing we’re not realizing is technically they have been. They have been changing coaches every 3-4 years or so as well. They haven’t had stability since Urban left.

However the difference is they’ve continue to win at a decent rate, due to the high talent level they maintain regardless of coach.

They’ve had better coaches then Tennessee during that span. Muschamp is a better coach than Dooley. McElwein is a slightly better coach than Butch, although they’re close (and Butch should’ve had 2 more wins against him, but for 4th & 19 and the Hail Mary). Mullen is an exponentially better coach than Pruitt.

Tennessee hasn’t had as much talent in that span due to a) Dooley is the worst and laziest recruiter in Tennessee history, and b) Tennessee’s inferior coaches didn’t develop the players they had.

Thing is... coaches that do well in one place often don't do well in another. There are no "sure bets". As often as not, success is when the right guy happens to find the right situation.

I wish nothing but failure on UF. I would like to see them suffer a valley worse than what we've been through. But they probably need to look at the AD before they throw big money at a new coach.

How can Liberty afford that? They’re not getting a mega tv deal and no 100K folks buying tickets
They are moving to C-USA, which should help since they are currently an independent. It isn't Power 5 money, but it's something.

VN Store

Back