Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Where is need orange? I like hearing her/his spin on things, very educated bb fan.
To needs orange, one thought from me, Uconn will need to toughen up, plenty of other opponents will hit the glass hard vs them this year, cannot win every game just by being best shooting team in nation, takes some grit, defense and toughness also.
Hey @Rooster1. Congratulations marvelous performance. The only problem I see with you guys is you were so good today, can you get any better in March. ;) Not that you really have to get any better, this game is national championship worthy. SCAR is too balanced and with Boston and Cook leading the way they are an awesome team. Boston has dramatically increased her mobility. Many of O rebounds and points were because of her early positioning herself. The familiarity with Henny's and Cooke's game showed as several times they were still working clear and Boston was moving for the rebound. She was not at all looking for a pass down low. That was incredible and often unseen teamwork that resulted in about 3 easy put backs she had because she was aware of what her teammates were going to do and she used that knowledge to her advantage.

I'm here @VolBall09 and @Rickster ; I was watching the KK Arnold commitment broadcast.

Thought it was a great game for 2 quarters. After that SCAR just had too much. UConn was gassed half way through the 3rd period. I didn't expect the first half to be as close as it was. I expected to be playing uphill all game and a I believe that over the 3 days Dawn coached for the tournament and Geno says he doesn't coach for November.

Most of the Boneyard picked this as a SCAR win. Here is a copy of my prediction: "The question is not who do you want to win, but looking realistically at the current performance of two teams, who is more likely to win today. Do not impugn my heart, it will always reflect my confidence in the girls wearing American flag blue and the coaches. My head says SC 75 -68."

So I thought it could have been closer. Over all I am happy with the team. A bit disappointed in Fudd and Juhazs. Cardosso was like we saw her last year. Great height, great hands, little drive; but she is a capable sub for Boston. We have got to get an answer for Cook by January. If we can slow her down we can get ONO some help from the wings. I hope to see you at CLA!

Geno’s pressers after a loss are crazy because they be sounding like the posters on this forum during drive bys when the Lady Vols are losing

LOL!! That's Geno. Did you see one time when SCAR was running away and they panned to him, he was smiling. I knew then he was going to use this to get some changes made.

Geno’s pressers after a loss are crazy because they be sounding like the posters on this forum during drive bys when the Lady Vols are losing

My problem with Geno is always disrespectful to his players when they don't win. This same coach was bragging about this best of the best group be4 season starts. Seriously, I would tell him bye bye and transfer..Then blame it on home sick. Dawn got his style so as Kellie, watch out..

Reactions: creekdipper
My problem with Geno is always disrespectful to his players when they don't win. This same coach was bragging about this best of the best group be4 season starts. Seriously, I would tell him bye bye and transfer..Then blame it on home sick. Dawn got his style so as Kellie, watch out..
This is why Pat Summit always stood head and shoulders above him, legacy speaking. Her impact and her kindness and understanding, speaks volumes. His choice of words are poor, and hers were always the right thing to say. I think back on the interviews Pat and Geno both had about an interviewer asking as question if one of them saw the other with their car broken down on the side of the road, and Pat replied she would stop and see if she needed help, and Geno said he would walk, real classy Geno…not.

VN Store

Back