If Hooker leaves would a transfer QB be a possibility?

EconVol92

With the mess at Florida, would Anthony Richardson be a good fit with the system at Tennessee if he enters the transfer portal?

I saw where he removed all mention of Florida from his social media after the Missouri game (and then put it back?).

Ride with the true freshmen if Milton cant get us right. After my over reaction to him going out of bounds with no time on clock. I think these last 2 games he has shown maybe he can improve. If not let Tayven Jackson or however you spell it take the reigns.

Unpopular opinion yes. I stand by it though.

Last edited:
With the mess at Florida, would Anthony Richardson be a good fit with the system at Tennessee if he enters the transfer portal?

I saw where he removed all mention of Florida from his social media after the Missouri game (and then put it back?).
There has to be a reason Mullen wouldn't give him the keys, but on talent, oh yes definitely.

Ride with the true freshmen if Milton cant get us right. After my over reaction to him going out of bounds with no time on clock. I think these last 2 games he has shown maybe he can improve. If not let Tayven Jackson pr however you spell it take the reigns.

Milton still looks like a dumb freshman in his decision making

Ride with the true freshmen if Milton cant get us right. After my over reaction to him going out of bounds with no time on clock. I think these last 2 games he has shown maybe he can improve. If not let Tayven Jackson pr however you spell it take the reigns.

It would be a lot less unpopular if TJ didnt play in an offense where he throws the ball 10-12 times a game. Hes a very talented PROJECT.

Reactions: sona and volnut1

I'm with you on this. It appears having his rear warm the bench got it through his head to LISTEN to his coach. I don't think he did before, due to the way he carried on at the BGU game. His Steve McNair "I got this" attitude told me right there he thought he was all that. Steve had an issue of trusting his raw talent and not listening to his coaches too. In Milton's case, he ignored the fact his brick throwing wasn't helping the receivers. Getting benched, and watching Hooker, a coachable QB shine so brilliantly, I believe humbled him. BUT if in the 1 or 2 games in 2022-2023 he reverts to throwing bricks, get rid of him and, if necessary, play a freshman or whatever QB demonstrates being coachable. However, I do believe the Milt man has shown enough progress to show he'd be a serviceable QB if the Captain leaves. He just has to prove it next season, and the lease must be two feet long or shorter until he does.

Last edited:

C44233ED-EB8E-4A41-8C8E-BA0445C2E2D8.jpeg

IMHO, Hooker ain't going anywhere. He's barely a blip on what experts are calling a historically lacking class at QB. Next season, Hooker would be on the pre-season Heisman watch list, as well as a legitimate contender for the award. I cannot think of any QB in recent history that has more to gain by coming back than Hooker.

Yes.

I think it'd be a huge mistake for HH to leave for the NFL after this year. I have yet to see him look off a receiver or even go to a second read. He stares down his primary receiver and if that doesn't work he takes off. Nor does he have to read defenses in this scheme. There's no audibling at the line of scrimmage. You snap it and go. He needs a ton more work before fitting in the NFL. If he goes this Spring, he'll be lucky if he even makes a roster. He could be on a practice squad for 3 yrs

I think it'd be a huge mistake for HH to leave for the NFL after this year. I have yet to see him look off a receiver or even go to a second read. He stares down his primary receiver and if that doesn't work he takes off. Nor does he have to read defenses in this scheme. There's no audibling at the line of scrimmage. You snap it and go. He needs a ton more work before fitting in the NFL. If he goes this Spring, he'll be lucky if he even makes a roster. He could be on a practice squad for 3 yrs

Assuming what you say about the offense he operates in is true, and I do believe it is true. Then it won't make a difference draft propsect-wise if he does stay as he'd be operating in the same offense. But looking off the receivers is the one thing that would help. Still, in a fast pace offense, does he even have time to do that?

If Hooker leaves a transfer QB makes the absolute best sense. Jackson is a little raw and needs some refining. Could Milton improve enough? It’s possible but not likely. As far as Richardson, I think he has talent but there may be better options available. If Rattler enters the portal, he is light years better than AR.

If Hooker leaves a transfer QB makes the absolute best sense. Jackson is a little raw and needs some refining. Could Milton improve enough? It’s possible but not likely. As far as Richardson, I think he has talent but there may be better options available. If Rattler enters the portal, he is light years better than AR.

If Oklahoma's current starter remains, Rattler is likely transferring. He might come here due to Heupel's OU ties, and if, if, if, Heupel wants him. I still think the Milt man finally has his head screwed on the right way, FINALLY, and the result will be a boon to the Vols. Depending on if they fit Heupel's system, other possible transfers would be:
Myles Brennan (Might be the best one available)
Jacob Zeno
Tommy DeVito
Charlie Brewer

Last edited:
Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Assuming what you say about the offense he operates in is true, and I do believe it is true. Then it won't make a difference draft propsect-wise if he does stay as he'd be operating in the same offense. But looking off the receivers is the one thing that would help. Still, in a fast pace offense, does he even have time to do that?

Part of HH’s draft prospect is he didn’t look great until he got to UT. That means teams will be drafting him after only one good year. Unless a QB has a Heisman year (Burrow) then you don’t draft them high off of that one good year.

I think he can definitely look off some receivers. Once the ball is snapped, it's not a hurry up any more. You are correct that the style of offense will always be an issue but I think he can help his stock if he has lots of success next year. Here's the bottom line: Regardless of when he comes out, I don't think he's got much of a future in the NFL

I am kind of with you but we need a experienced good backup or possible starter if Milton gets hurt and the freshman isn't ready. I would take Rattler.

VN Store

Back