Mullen fired at Florida

When are fans like you going to learn. It doesn’t matter what coach we have or what coach UF has. They own us completely when it comes to football. Next year will be no different. There will be some fans that say oh UF has a new coach with a new system. We have Heupel and our offense is clicking, UF is down and we can get them. Then when we play they will beat us by 21+.

So no need for you to even watch the game next year right?

Reactions: Behr
I think Roman Harper nailed it on SEC Nation yesterday morning. " When he said after losing to UGA, Florida just quit because they had high hopes & failed. "
Maybe that falls on coaching, but coaches can't coach "want to"

No, but really... imagine going 29-9 in 3 years while going 2-1 in bowls and finishing in the Top 15 all 3 years at a school and turning in a 5-6 season and being fired.

Reactions: sjt18
Maybe. But even that game was a nail biter. It took Travis Stephens having the game of his life to squeak out a win. If Stephens even plays just a good game, we lose. Maybe Heupel and this staff will be different. I hope that they are. So I have any hope they will be? Unfortunately no.

Stephens needed the “game of his life” for the Vols to “win a squeaker”? That’s quite a spin.

Gator QB Grossman had the game of HIS life, Witten had his worst game at UT, and refs made multiple bad possession calls against UT (that would have been overturned if video replay was used in 2001). The above was needed to keep UF in that game as Vols OL and DLs/LBs owned the Gators throughout game.

And Stephens was runner up for Doak Walker Award in 2001, actually deserved to win it over the RB from BYU. Some Doak Walker votes were cast before Vol-UF game. UF was one of several great games for Stephens in 2001.

UF was fortunate the 2001 game was even close on the scoreboard, and it didn’t take an out of his mind game by Stephens for the Vol win.

Mullen goes 34-15 and is fired. He would have gotten a 5 yr extension here. I'm remembering when Jones got an extension and a raise for going 6-6. High expections keeps a coach's seat warm.

I hate Florida with every fiber of my being.

That said, when the first wheel comes off, they cut bait. They don’t let the entire ship run aground before seeing the writing on the wall.

We take a radically different approach. This is about the time we hand out an extension to let the coach now he has the full support of the administration.

I think they made a mistake. It was one bad year. We now have the undisputed best QB developer in the East

Florida don’t mess around….wow! I have a feeling they’re about to go through what we’ve been through.
Dooley, Jones, and Pruitt would have never been hired at Florida. And if they had been they would have been fired within a couple of seasons. They do have high expectations. Hard to replace Spurrier and Meyer. But it takes high expectations to compete with the top tier.

Honestly, I think Kiffin goes to Miami, pending he can leverage more resources from their Admin.

He's a culture fit in Miami and for the swagger the program is known for. I think he'd be a terrible culture fit at Florida.

Reactions: saxvol and reeceb73

VN Store

Back