'22 AL WR Marquarius White (Tennessee signee)

Hyatt literally just needs to have a strong DB press him at the line in the off season and work on getting off of it. He also has to get rid of his fear of contact. That’s honestly his biggest issue. He is afraid to get hit. It’s why he always steps out of bounds. That was not the first time he has stepped out for absolutely no reason.

Yeah and I think it needs work.

Ask the defense that was on the field for 46 mins tonight what they really think.

Or how Ole Miss ran 100 plays. Or how they couldn't score but once after 14 points in the 1st qtr against UF.

This should be a 1 loss team right now.
Two losses. We had no chance to beat Florida earlier in the season. Now we would have a chance.

Hyatt literally just needs to have a strong DB press him at the line in the off season and work on getting off of it. He also has to get rid of his fear of contact. That’s honestly his biggest issue. He is afraid to get hit. It’s why he always steps out of bounds. That was not the first time he has stepped out for absolutely no reason.
I don’t really see an issue with WR’s avoiding contact. Unless they’re scared to run across the middle then yea, that’s an issue, but WR’s run out of bounds or go down before contact all the time. Marvin Harrison, TY Hilton, etc. Some of the best WR’s avoided contact. Keeps them healthy.

I don’t really see an issue with WR’s avoiding contact. Unless they’re scared to run across the middle then yea, that’s an issue, but WR’s run out of bounds or go down before contact all the time. Marvin Harrison, TY Hilton, etc. Some of the best WR’s avoided contact. Keeps them healthy.

Well when you “run out of bounds” unintentionally multiple times because you are afraid of contact it’s an issue. I don’t care if you are running out if you are ushered. But he didn’t have anyone near him the times he has stepped out.

Reactions: orangefloyd
Well when you “run out of bounds” unintentionally multiple times because you are afraid of contact it’s an issue. I don’t care if you are running out if you are ushered. But he didn’t have anyone near him the times he has stepped out.
On the play last night, he was stumbling. I don’t think it was a purposeful thing.

I wouldn't say Tennessee is completely in the clear with White, with Auburn recently having shown more interest in him. The Tigers still don't seem to be making a push for him, and they haven't tried to set up an official visit with him. But that could always change down the stretch, depending on how things go with some of their other receiver targets.

Even if Auburn makes more of a push for him down the stretch, I don't necessarily think that would mean he's headed to Auburn. He got an offer from the Tigers earlier this year, back before he committed to Tennessee, and nothing came of it at the time. But it would at least be something to keep an eye on if Auburn becomes more heavily involved, since he's an in-state target for the Tigers.

If I had to guess right now, though, I think Tennessee has a good chance of holding onto White.
callahan

I cant see him sitting by the phone to flip to a team that obviously thinks he is a back up plan.

Cam, Squirrel, Horton…..Pope is last resort and hope we don’t have to stoop that low even tho he does have talent. Seen him play 3 times this year, more so because they’re in my neck of the woods and Hardin Co has good team again this year !

Heupel hasn't done a great job of showcasing our younger WRs.

Payton, Tillman, and Jones are savy Veterans, but the young guys should be having better years. They're 2nd year guys, and literally Heupel has only called a go route to Hyatt just once....🙄
What's the old adage? "If you stay, you'll play"...

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
“I think I’m going to visit Georgia,” said White, who’s ranked the No. 528 overall prospect and No. 68 wide receiver in the 2022 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

Asked about how hard he’s being recruited by the Bulldogs, he said, “It got serious, but nothing like that. … They just tell me they want me a lot.”

“I’m still 100-percent locked in with Tennessee,” White said.

“What’s keeping me locked in with Tennessee is that I love the offense, love the guys that’s coming in with me and the coaching staff is amazing. And I just feel like I belong there.”

“I talk to Coach Burns mostly every day,” White said. “I talk to Coach Heupel, too — like, every week. They just tell me they know where home’s at.”

“I think I could fit well in it — just those long touchdowns runs and stuff,” he said.
callahan

White caught five passes for 36 yards and a touchdown Friday night to help Clay-Chalkville roll to a 56-21 victory over Briarwood Christian High School of Birmingham, Ala., in the second round of Alabama's Class 6A playoffs. The Cougars will play host to Gardendale (Ala.) High School in Friday's quarterfinals.
-Callahan

Does anyone know if he's scheduled to come back to Knoxville before signing day?

Last edited:
God I hate Georgia but it's hard to argue with what their selling right now...Hopefully he sees his potential to start and the numbers he can put up in this offense.Sounds solid maybe he just wants to visit a sh*thole and get some love/attention,but I do not like the visit at all.

If he decides to go elsewhere there are two WR's in the Bham area that are just as good not committed anywhere just under recruited they will play for the 7a state title in a week and a half in Alabama Peppins and Pegus from Thompson....I watched them on tv last night then found HUDL highlights and was super impressed

Last edited:

VN Store

Back