Wade Brothers (Summit)

Pretty simple. Ky told Destin he would have opportunity to compete for QB while other schools see him as an athlete.
His twin brother is a good LB.

Great kids but not a loss as the competition level isn’t elite. They play some good schools but not the same as other states.

Again, Great kids and family but for the best imo for Vol fans.
They are 6A and play in the second best region in the state. Competition isn’t lacking in my opinion.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
They are 6A and play in the second best region in the state. Competition isn’t lacking in my opinion.

Yeah, 6A but I’ve seen some of their games. Maybe I’m wrong but the competition level is not near as good as other states. And I’m not trying to diminish their accomplishments, yet state this isn’t a loss. Just my $.02.

Reactions: KptVFL and peaygolf
This would be ideal for Tennessee.
Why? I think Stoops is overrated. I've never watched a Kentucky team under Stoops and felt like they were well-coached or that he outcoached his opponent. He's only got two wins against Tennessee...one came in Butch's last season and the other was due to them being gifted most of their points via terrible QB play. A lot of his positive publicity comes early in the season where they play a weak schedule and then they collapse when they finally have to play a few decent teams. Stoops could've been hired instead of Butch and he wouldn't have lasted long.

Why? I think Stoops is overrated. I've never watched a Kentucky team under Stoops and felt like they were well-coached or that he outcoached his opponent. He's only got two wins against Tennessee...one came in Butch's last season and the other was due to them being gifted most of their points via terrible QB play. A lot of his positive publicity comes early in the season where they play a weak schedule and then they collapse when they finally have to play a few decent teams. Stoops could've been hired instead of Butch and he wouldn't have lasted long.
The why is because he's starting to recruit well at KY. I'm guessing the Wade twins would have been a take for us and Stoops was able to pluck them from our state. If he moves on, it could potentially benefit us in recruiting.

Reactions: VolNash17
Stoops would make LSU average and UK ain't getting anyone better than Stoops.
Win Win!

The why is because he's starting to recruit well at KY. I'm guessing the Wade twins would have been a take for us and Stoops was able to pluck them from our state. If he moves on, it could potentially benefit us in recruiting.

The twins were not heavily recruited by UT. Many kids receive offers but that doesn’t mean they all will actually be able to sign. In the past UT has offered over 300 kids….

Stoops would make LSU average and UK ain't getting anyone better than Stoops.
Win Win!
I could get on board with that...but there's always a chance Kentucky hires someone good at offense that turns that game into an annual shootout. Stoops has always wanted to just play a power running game and eat up clock. They're predictable under Stoops. With Stoops at Kentucky, a decent day for the Tennessee defense will probably turn that game into a blowout under Heupel.

I could get on board with that...but there's always a chance Kentucky hires someone good at offense that turns that game into an annual shootout. Stoops has always wanted to just play a power running game and eat up clock. They're predictable under Stoops. With Stoops at Kentucky, a decent day for the Tennessee defense will probably turn that game into a blowout under Heupel.
Hal Mumme?

Yeah, 6A but I’ve seen some of their games. Maybe I’m wrong but the competition level is not near as good as other states. And I’m not trying to diminish their accomplishments, yet state this isn’t a loss. Just my $.02.

Georgia and Florida high schools blow our 6A away in Tennessee and I’ve seen plenty 6A Tennessee football.

That's true, but Fla and Ga schools would blow out all other states as well. Not really a fair comparison.

It is when it’s where are staff either has connections or it’s right next door. We’ve got to get talent from neighboring states. Now, if I had put in Texas and Cali, that would not be fair. But we better recruit GA, NC,SC, and hopefully some more Florida. Pulling top guys in our state as well. Mid state is good talent but East Tennessee is weak football especially even at the highest level.

Wade twins are players. I seriously doubt they weren’t takes. We just weren’t considering the one as a QB.

Competition is overblown.

Georgia and Florida high schools blow our 6A away in Tennessee and I’ve seen plenty 6A Tennessee football.

Thank you! 100% agree. And I love Middle TN and we’ve had some great players from the state of TN.

VN Store

Back