12K in TBA

My how times have changed! 12K in the stands used to be the norm. Filling the arena meant 20K+. The horrible product put on the floor by Warlick combined with Dave Hart and his hatred of womens’ sports have permanently ruined the LV bball program. There has been a 40+% decrease in season ticket sales over the last eight years, and apparently no one cares!

My how times have changed! 12K in the stands used to be the norm. Filling the arena meant 20K+. The horrible product put on the floor by Warlick combined with Dave Hart and his hatred of womens’ sports have permanently ruined the LV bball program. There has been a 40+% decrease in season ticket sales over the last eight years, and apparently no one cares!

Just talking about attendance, I'm sure 20K may show up for UConn next year. But in the mean time, show Vic it was a mistake to leave the SEC.

Just talking about attendance, I'm sure 20K may show up for UConn next year. But in the mean time, show Vic it was a mistake to leave the SEC.
20K may show up for the LV-UConn game nest year if and only if the Lady Vols have a good record (no more than 2 losses). I realize this is really raising the bar, but facts are facts.

Times are tough, at least UT is making an attempt to get 12K for Sundays game. Women's basketball isn't the only sport hurting in attendance. Sure it's Vandy men's basketball but their attendance has been all time bad. Not 6K once their first 3 games. Stanford women had what 3K for the game against Texas, and they just won a National title. The examples could go on and on and on, for both men and women's basketball. One more for giggles. With Kim as coach was almost close to a sellout of 9K every game, this season has been in half. This doom and gloom on attendance for the Lady Vols so far this season is a sport wide issue.

Also 20K will never again be in TBA for a women's game unless UT is top 5 vs a UCONN or SC type team. Hard stop even mentioning that fact.

Reactions: mcannon1
Also 20K will never again be in TBA for a women's game unless UT is top 5 vs a UCONN or SC type team. Hard stop even mentioning that fact.
That’s a ridiculous claim. We generally don’t see larger crowds until the regular season starts. Also, students are at the end of the semester and planning to go home for the holidays. Covid is also impacting attendance. I know three people with season tickets ( total of 10 seats) who aren’t coming to games this year because of Covid.

Add the cost of gas.

Add that in our heyday we attracted a lot of fans just to watch a legend at work--kinda like the numbers that attended PGA tournaments just to see Tiger in his prime. Pat was "ours" in every way... a rural Tennesseean who had succeeded on the world stage (Olympics) and came back home. Attending a Lady Vols game was something of a pilgrimage for many, a statement of loyalty to certain ethical and cultural values that we wanted to pass on to our children.

I like what Kellie Harper is doing. I think we're in the best possible situation for the future.

As for drawing numbers, we're living in a moment when the powers-that-be are manipulating market norms to reset the future on a grand scale, and it has made us all more cautious about our spending.

One can always hope. I have for the last 10 years. and will continue.

All we can do is make sure there are 12,000+ at tomorrow’s game and make it a very difficult environment for Texas and Vic Schaefer to play in🍊

And if Volnation can't manage on this Sunday to get 12K butts into seats, the ___K who are there can fill the arena with 12K-worth of dBs!

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
9460 @ espn boxscore slightly more than Iowa State drew for a game against a nobody team.

VN Store

Back