Schedule
Game Notes (PDF)

TEXAS

Roster
Schedule
Media Availability

Go Lady Vols

Last edited:
I’ve been trying to pay attention to box scores recently and there has really been some stinky play out there. A lot of low percentage made particularly from three and a lot of bad TO results. I looked at a box score last week (I can’t remember who) but total turnovers were 43. I wish I had looked at this in previous seasons as I don’t know how much is just early season rust vs change in three point line.

The players know that this is the a big stage,,,they came to this university to represent it. . . We've got a big, a few power players a few who can finish drives. and we might just have a shooter show up. The way I look at it,,,we've done what we've done without a gunner...Imagine how much better if one appears...Rae back or not,, we need a gunner!

Yes, we are missing Rae. But it's "next man up" time. There's going to be some players on our team who felt that they were second only to Rae,,,Now it's time to prove it

For me, I will be fine with a competitive game, with some signs of life for our offense (actual assists, a few 3 pointers, higher percent of layups made, etc. ), and continued good defensive results against a really good team. I do hope Texas is having somewhat of a mental letdown after the high of upsetting defending national champion Stanford in their last game.

Reactions: FrozenLVFan
For me, I will be fine with a competitive game, with some signs of life for our offense (actual assists, a few 3 pointers, higher percent of layups made, etc. ), and continued good defensive results against a really good team. I do hope Texas is having somewhat of a mental letdown after the high of upsetting defending national champion Stanford in their last game.
I look for an all-around great game and a win. GBO.

We probably need to temper expectations against Texas and other top teams while we have Burrell out and our freshmen are still gaining experience. No cause for alarm, but we will drop a few contests because of these two factors. I have full faith in Harper and always have. We can’t win every game.

This is a recurring theme for us. I can't remember when we have not had one of not the "key" lady go down. I know, next up, but just once when we seem to be rising toward the top, I wish this did not keep happening!!

I think we can win this game just need to control their guards. Texas is mostly a guard oriented attack led by Harmon a freshman and Miss St transfer Matharu. Stanford couldn't keep these two players in check especially Matharu as they scored 38 of 61 that Texas scored in that game. Matharu hit four straight threes down the stretch. If we can find an effective defense to control these two players I expect to win this game Sunday.

I think we can win this game just need to control their guards. Texas is mostly a guard oriented attack led by Harmon a freshman and Miss St transfer Matharu. Stanford couldn't keep these two players in check especially Matharu as they scored 38 of 61 that Texas scored in that game. Matharu hit four straight threes down the stretch. If we can find an effective defense to control these two players I expect to win this game Sunday.

I’m realllly hoping our Lady Vols pull this off, but I don’t know if we have enough firepower without Rae. I expect the first quarter or two to be competitive, but I think Texas wins by double digits. I hope I’m wrong. Just trying to temper my expectations. As we all know, Vic’s teams are very well-coached.

Reactions: LadyVol1908
Simply put, this is a game Kellie needs to win in year 3....
If we had Marta and Rae I would agree, but honestly this will be a tough one for Kellie to win without those two’s experience and hopefully people realize that.

If she wants to gain some momentum in recruiting, this game will be pivotal for her though!

Our full strength, sharp shooting Volunteer men's basketball team just shot 33% from the field and 17% from three point range today.

Point is, it happens, especially early in the season before shooters find their range and play themselves into game shape. Let's hold off another week before we just throw in the towel on shooting threes.

If we had Marta and Rae I would agree, but honestly this will be a tough one for Kellie to win without those two’s experience and hopefully people realize that.

If she wants to gain some momentum in recruiting, this game will be pivotal for her though!

Hmmm, games in November are really never pivotal. If they win this game and tank in the SEC, no one says, oh, it's all good because they beat Texas in November!" Conversely, if they lose this game and make a nice tournament, the Texas game is forgotten.

The injury to Rae actually takes some pressure of the team. A win would be ideal but a close game, where the LVs play good defense and look competitive (against a team that just knocked off #1) would do just fine.

Kellie's and the team's progression is going to be evaluated over the course of the season not any one game. I do think there is some pressure for the LVs to at least get back to the Sweet 16 this season.

VN Store

Back