Josh Heupel Press Conference (11.18.21)

Sara Clark

Aaron Beasley has continued to get better. We’ll see where he’s at tomorrow. Tiyon Evans probably won’t be able to go tomorrow. We usually make those decisions on Friday.

I think our pass protection is something we have to continue to improve on. And it’s not just the OL — it’s everybody. We’ve played some really good defenses, so that’s part of it, too.

You guys have heard me say I love competing these guys on game day. That’s true. It’s a ton of fun. We’ve got a phenomenal group of young men in our locker room, and we have a tremendous staff. You’re truly in a team setting.

We want our players to have a chance to chase their dreams at the next level. You present all the information and then go from there. You want players to make a well-informed decision.

When we have started fast, and a lot of weeks we have, the group has been focused, locked in and ready to compete.

I don’t find it hard to motivate this group. We lost some games to some really good teams. Our guys have shown up and competed. We continue to grow and get better. This group cares a lot and has been through some tough things. I feel like it’s a highly motivated group.

Heupel on #Vols OL Darnell Wright: His best football is still in front of him, for sure. He has started to understand football and understands and enjoys the X’s and O’s. He’s getting better fundamentally. He’s played at a high level but has a really high ceiling.

My favorite part of these press conferences is how I always come here in complete denial, heuping there's some real information, and there almost never is.

I will say the part about Tiyon is probably more than he's said all year about injuries. Other than that, another big, fat, juicy nothing burger.

At least is not a Big Mac.

Reactions: MAD and Sara Clark
With the "state' of The U.S.A. right now...

It don't take much...

funny-gif-weighlifter.gif

So maybe the rumor that Tiyon Evans shut down football to focus on the NFL is true? If not that must have been one bad high ankle sprain.

Edit: I hope OL Darnell Wright has not played his best football because I have watched him get beat too many times.

So maybe the rumor that Tiyon Evans shut down football to focus on the NFL is true? If not that must have been one bad high ankle sprain.

Edit: I hope OL Darnell Wright has not played his best football because I have watched him get beat too many times.

Hype said he has his best football ahead of him.

Aaron Beasley has continued to get better. We’ll see where he’s at tomorrow. Tiyon Evans probably won’t be able to go tomorrow. We usually make those decisions on Friday.

I think our pass protection is something we have to continue to improve on. And it’s not just the OL — it’s everybody. We’ve played some really good defenses, so that’s part of it, too.

You guys have heard me say I love competing these guys on game day. That’s true. It’s a ton of fun. We’ve got a phenomenal group of young men in our locker room, and we have a tremendous staff. You’re truly in a team setting.

We want our players to have a chance to chase their dreams at the next level. You present all the information and then go from there. You want players to make a well-informed decision.

When we have started fast, and a lot of weeks we have, the group has been focused, locked in and ready to compete.

I don’t find it hard to motivate this group. We lost some games to some really good teams. Our guys have shown up and competed. We continue to grow and get better. This group cares a lot and has been through some tough things. I feel like it’s a highly motivated group.

Heupel on #Vols OL Darnell Wright: His best football is still in front of him, for sure. He has started to understand football and understands and enjoys the X’s and O’s. He’s getting better fundamentally. He’s played at a high level but has a really high ceiling.

I like this dude more and more every day!

Not ready to accept it as fact yet. High ankle sprains can sideline players for 3/4 weeks or more. Its only his 3rd week out. Well technically 2nd week because he had 1 carry against UK.

He may or may not be "the guy" who leads us out of this, but he seems like a really decent person and a good leader and motivator.

Now.....if he can just recruit......
Lol all y’all keep mentioning recruiting… Tennessee literally recruits itself facilities second to none and play in the SEC… as long as coach keeps coaching the way he does then the recruiting will take of itself…

I’ll always be proud to call these guys “VFL”. They’ve truly earned it. Those involved in the mess or just plain ran away, they can stay where they are.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat

It would be in Evans best interest to stick around and try to have a healthy season next year if he wants a shot at being drafted. He's a UDFA right now,.imo.

VN Store

Back