Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Don’t think Oregon State will have a very good season. Rueck seems to have lost his touch a. Little. Can’t seem to keep any guards around and has a mass of bigs but uses them on the perimeter. I don’t really get it.
They looked really solid by the end of last season. If Brown has the ball handling and shooting touch, she could be a huge 6'6 mismatch at the 3 or as a stretch 4 alongside Jones. The two freshman guards are also pretty good. They won't be a final four team, but they'll be a tough outing in the PAC12 and the NCAAT.

Don’t think Oregon State will have a very good season. Rueck seems to have lost his touch a. Little. Can’t seem to keep any guards around and has a mass of bigs but uses them on the perimeter. I don’t really get it.
Don't know what they will do this season in that loaded conference. He has help on the way number three recruited class in 2022.

The overwhelming majority of posters here don't watch anything but the LV games to start with. It's no surprise that they don't comment on Baylor or ND or SC when they have ugly games because they're not watching them. Guarantee if you go to the Sicem or Boneyard during their game days, then you'll see the same b!tching and moaning you see here if their teams aren't playing well even if they have a lead wire to wire. The BY is still complaining about Arkansas dropping 80 on them even though UConn won by 15.

You are right, but any comment about UConn would have to wait until after the game as we are not allowed to post on the Boneyard until the game is completed. This would eliminate any spontaneous outburst that may seem inappropriate at the time.

Reactions: Will83
Speaking of which, how well is Kellie's recruiting aging? I don't know if you've heard, but Dawn just landed another ridiculously talented prospect...
Definitely heard and I also am very well aware of how she is landing them as well and it aint got **** to do with being a great recruiter either. Do some research and be less of a keyboard warrior. If Kellie stooped to the same levels as some of the other coaches we'd have the recruits you so desperately desire. Some coaches have integrity and others will do whatever it takes to land whomever they want even if it is unethical. Glad we're far more classy and our 8 titles don't require us to resort to such foolishness. Now continue on!

You are right, but any comment about UConn would have to wait until after the game as we are not allowed to post on the Boneyard until the game is completed. This would eliminate any spontaneous outburst that may seem inappropriate at the time.
Ya, the Game Chat Room is where the most inappropriate comments occur. It’s a smart move vs having a game post, which, like you mentioned, don’t always set well after the game. Wish VolNation had a Chat feature for games.

Right, but my point stands. During the game chat, there's gonna be the bellyaching even if UConn is winning big, but the other team is scoring too many points, UConn has too many turnovers, ONO is playing subpar or whatever. It's not unique to the this forum or this fanbase.

Definitely heard and I also am very well aware of how she is landing them as well and it aint got **** to do with being a great recruiter either. Do some research and be less of a keyboard warrior. If Kellie stooped to the same levels as some of the other coaches we'd have the recruits you so desperately desire. Some coaches have integrity and others will do whatever it takes to land whomever they want even if it is unethical. Glad we're far more classy and our 8 titles don't require us to resort to such foolishness. Now continue on!

🍿👀

Tell us some facts and skip the propaganda, it’s too easy to just throw out accusations without the beef.
Let me spare everyone the suspense, you don’t have any.

Last edited:
Not Propaganda at all. Ask your coach why she's calling parents? Oh and how's Alexis Boston doing btw?
This is just dumb, no beef like we all knew btw. And in case you didn’t know, it’s part of the season strategy to rest the bigs as much as possible when not needed for victory. It keeps them fresher for the latter stages of the season when they will be leaned on hard.

Last edited:
The boneyard is so overregulated.
It’s still a great WBB site though, one of the best along with volnation, as should be expected from the two most decorated ever in the sport.
I find myself here much more, maybe due to the regulation of the BY, but they certainly have an amazing site dedicated to WBB. The fans there are mostly very knowledgeable about the sport also.
Some posters think I am hard on UConn, and it has nothing to do with their WBB program, which is always elite and which I always acknowledge as such.
My beef is with the Univ decision makers, screwing up conference alignment and finances again and again the past two decades. I believe most UConn WBB fans wish they had the option to be in a P5 conference.
When I joust with them is when they get a little high and mighty……it’s just fun, I respect that program immensely.

Last edited:
This is just dumb, no beef like we all knew btw.
What's just dumb is the fact that SC fans stay on our board more than they are on their own! I thought we were irrelevant. Coach Dawn hasn't been found of our program since the fans at Temple requested Pat put Candace back in the game so that she can dunk when we were beating Temple! You might be too young to remember that? Dawn (or shall I say) Temple almost upset us the year before and then was destroyed the next year! No matter how much she has yall fooled in to believing she supports our tradition and legacy. Deep down she is envious. She added Nikki McCray, went after Jolette Law and added her (couldn't let Holly continue to get good recruits), added Te'a Cooper, and I wont even talk about the most recent Cooper.

No beef at all!

#1/1 TENNESSEE LADY VOLS TOPPLE #22/21 TEMPLE, 75-50 - Temple University Athletics

VN Store

Back