'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Dawson Knox had 39 receptions for 605 yards and 0 touchdowns in college.

In his first three years in the league he's got 74 receptions, 979 yards and 10 touchdowns. This season alone he has 5.

There's a load of NFL players who didn't even play football in college. The athletes who are successful in the league are the ones who are able to take a professional approach to their job day-in day-out and use their athleticism to do their job/position consistently well. It's not 100% about raw talent. That's why we see so many incredible college players flame out or fail to keep a starting job in the NFL, because they aren't consistent at doing their jobs.
I get what you’re saying but it doesn’t mean they’re “bad” in college.

People around Oxford knew how good Dawson Knox was. I remember reading an article on him where they were laughing at the notion that he hadn’t had a touchdown yet and his Junior year was gona be huge, but he was on a team with DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, and Demarkus Lodge who were all fringe 5 star receivers so it never happened.

Reactions: reezun and SoilVol
Troy Fleming didn’t do much at UT, but played, and was successful, in the NFL
He didn’t suck just because his numbers weren’t great in college. Knox wasn’t used much at Auburn, because they never threw it to the TE. He definitely didn’t suck in college. Just wasn’t used.
I want to clarify, I don't agree with the sentiment that they "sucked" in college. I was interpreting that as hyperbole for "didn't do much." So I agree with you. It's mostly about lack of use and scheme, not about ability.

And I thought Knox played at Ole Miss (too busy to google rn)

I want to clarify, I don't agree with the sentiment that they "sucked" in college. I was interpreting that as hyperbole for "didn't do much." So I agree with you. It's mostly about lack of use and scheme, not about ability.

“Sucked” was the wrong word. My bad!
Knox did go to Ole Miss. 2nd strike.:confused:

Don’t like him. He went to Brentwood Academy

Not trying to be antagonistic here but define " a load" I have heard of the occasional BBall player try their hand at tight end but not sure how many of them are out there.
There's been some famous ones in NFL history, and every year guys get signed, occassionally drafted, from different sports. Currently I know of like Mo Allie-Cox at Indy. Antonio Gates, Eric Swann, Ray Seals, Stephen Neal.

I know there's been some rugby players and wrestlers at least get shots in the last few years. Adam Coon was signed by the Titans as a world silver medalist in wrestling and NCAA wrestler at Michigan.

Maybe "a load" was hyperbolic. The point I was making is that your college production is always considered, but not the most important thing when it comes to your ability to stick around in the NFL.

Oh yeah, just went back and looked. Just said "bad" college players.

Yeah I mean I wouldn't say they were "bad" either, though a lot of us Vol fans probably never would have dreamed Emmanuel Moseley and Justin Coleman would be NFL starters😂

Reactions: peaygolf
I get what you’re saying but it doesn’t mean they’re “bad” in college.

People around Oxford knew how good Dawson Knox was. I remember reading an article on him where they were laughing at the notion that he hadn’t had a touchdown yet and his Junior year was gona be huge, but he was on a team with DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, and Demarkus Lodge who were all fringe 5 star receivers so it never happened.
Right, and see below how I clarified. "Not highly productive" is how I interpreted that lol.

There's been some famous ones in NFL history, and every year guys get signed, occassionally drafted, from different sports. Currently I know of like Mo Allie-Cox at Indy. Antonio Gates, Eric Swann, Ray Seals, Stephen Neal.

I know there's been some rugby players and wrestlers at least get shots in the last few years. Adam Coon was signed by the Titans as a world silver medalist in wrestling and NCAA wrestler at Michigan.

Maybe "a load" was hyperbolic. The point I was making is that your college production is always considered, but not the most important thing when it comes to your ability to stick around in the NFL.
Chattanooga Howard’s own Terrell Sands had a long NFL career and his only post high school football was a single season at UTC. Fulmer tried to get him to UT but school just wasn’t his thing.

Reactions: SoilVol
Lol..whatever..I don't know how that is supposed to give them satisfaction...it is your interaction they crave and you give them that satisfaction.
You don't think I'm well aware that "them" have no idea whether I do or dont, that it's all in my own mind, still...

Not to mention, I do enjoy putting them on blast from time to time, tearing down their weak-delusional-BVS-nega-false-trolling-ignorant-arrogant narratives.

Chattanooga Howard’s own Terrell Sands had a long NFL career and his only post high school football was a single season at UTC. Fulmer tried to get him to UT but school just wasn’t his thing.
Did he have a son who played at east Hamilton 4 or 5 years ago?

You don't think I'm well aware that "them" have no idea whether I do or dont, that it's all in my own mind, still...

Not to mention, I do enjoy putting them on blast from time to time, tearing down their weak-delusional-BVS-nega-false-trolling-ignorant-arrogant narratives.
That is exactly what they want...a reaction.

Plenty of bad football players have made an NFK roster
You apparently have no concept of what it means to be good at something. Anyone who even makes it on an NFL team preseason and then gets cut is absurdly good at football in the grand scheme of things. It means you’re one of the top thousand players in a sport played by millions across North America. That’s big.

You apparently have no concept of what it means to be good at something. Anyone who even makes it on an NFL team preseason and then gets cut is absurdly good at football in the grand scheme of things. It means you’re one of the top thousand players in a sport played by millions across North America. That’s big.

Sure thing bud.

There have been guys that never played a down in college that made NFL rosters.

VN Store

Back