Game Thread: Lady Vols 52 - USF 49

We've only played three games. It's too early to tell too much or draw conclusions. We've only played one half at full team strength. I recall thinking that the team looked good in that half, just before Rae went down. But I like what I am seeing in some players more than others.

Miles is an energy bunny. She's probably a little too inexperienced to be the #1 PG, but I think her ceiling is higher than Walker, and wouldn't be surprised to see her be the 1/1 at the end of the season. Will take Wynn a while for the light to come on, in the meantime she's fun to watch with her speed and aggressiveness. She adds a lot on defense even this early. Puckett is a coach's player who will get better and better. She'll be the glue-girl on this team the way JJJ is on the men's team. Striplin has been very physical and assertive in her minutes, just a tad over the top amped up. But she has the skills and body to be a terrific contibutor in the low post. I think she'll be terrific by tournament time. if not sooner. Horston, Rae, and Tamari are the stars of this team and will carry us until the young-uns catch up. I'm optimistic about the team, depite the ragged start at shooting the ball.

The older players flat out can't shoot. The younger players, Puckett/Darby/Striplin, are good shooters. Darby in particular seems to be rushing her shot. Over the long run we need them get comfortable shooting in games and they can only do that by continuing to shoot in game action.

I honestly don't think saying "this team can't shoot" is accurate,
unamused-kid.gif

The older players flat out can't shoot. The younger players, Puckett/Darby/Striplin, are good shooters.

Rennie is supposedly a good shooter too, but if you can't hit them in games does it really matter? Darby has certainly had plenty of opportunity since Burrell went out, she might be following the same career path toward the end of the bench.

The jury is still out on Puckett. Striplin looks completely lost, right now I'd settle for her hitting a layup. We know Miles and Wynn are not shooters...

The W counts bud shooting is awful.

Attachments

• 4B9BE54A-4748-4263-904C-A3942C0809F9.png
    4B9BE54A-4748-4263-904C-A3942C0809F9.png
    314.8 KB · Views: 10

VN Store

Back