Game Thread: Lady Vols 52 - USF 49

And they would have gotten it against Holly I think because her teams would panic. That was a hallmark of her squads. Kellie's keep fighting. This level of play won't cut it, but it is better to learn our hard lessons coming off wins than losses.
This is very true. Holly's team would be 0-3 right now if she were on the sideline. She couldn't coach her way out of a paper bag. Read the comments from the South Florida Coach. The defensive adjustment that Kellie made took away their best scoring option in the fourth and most likely won this game for them.

And they would have gotten it against Holly I think because her teams would panic. That was a hallmark of her squads. Kellie's keep fighting. This level of play won't cut it, but it is better to learn our hard lessons coming off wins than losses.
The score would likely be the same just in favor of the bulls

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

Yea kellie how can you not root for a coach who believes in her players this way! Times are changing but I think we will end up seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. May not be this year or next year but give KJH enough time to cement her roots and we can return to prominence with patience everyone!!

The team bad .. I thought Striplin was supposed to be good .. she don't even play .. 0 - 13 from 3 .. this team terrible shooters... Horston shot 24 times . Made 9 .. long season ...Lady Vol basketball will never be anything til we get Kara Lawson back as coach.. we need players

Consistent with the observations of a couple of posters and Coach Kellie observations from practice, the team did the best when this player was in the game, none other than Sara Puckett (+/- was a whopping +16, 5 points higher than the 2nd highest Horston. The worst were Darby and Dye, both at -7. No reason Puckett shouldn't start.

Consistent with the observations of a couple of posters and Coach Kellie observations from practice, the team did the best when this player was in the game, none other than Sara Puckett (+/- was a whopping +16, 5 points higher than the 2nd highest Horston. The worst were Darby and Dye, both at -7. No reason Puckett shouldn't start.

Horston was +6, Walker was +11, and you‘re right, Sara was at +16.

Thought this was significant:

FIRST QUARTER D: Tennessee held USF to just nine first-quarter points. Coming into the contest, the Bulls were averaging 22 points in the opening period.

We’re hanging in with great Defense, while we work on developing our Offense.

Hope the team gets some much deserved rest, then some great practice before playing Texas.

Congrats on winning a hard fought game, and GO LADY VOLS!!!

A few hours after the fact if looking at things objectively TLV’s beat a top 25 team & had it not been for an abysmal 2nd Q in which they were outscored by 10 it would have been a more comfortable margin of victory . Got some things to clean up before the other ut on Sunday but as the late Al Davis said “just win baby “ & so far although only 3 games in that’s what this team has done .

Keys final stats usually shows she played a lot better than she looks at times. It is deceiving. I just get frustrated with the missed wide open layups by her and some others. When you are the tallest player on the floor, which she usually is, you should make your layups is all I'm saying.
Part of the problem is she is all leg. Seems she is constantly getting pushed or undercut. Some of those lobs in, she turns and they there run up under her. Tonight they had taller girls to go against, and she seemed to do better. Harder for bigger girls to get away with the cheap shots.

If I could like this twice i would. That is why her players play so hard for her!!!

She has the CPS vibe down. Pat would have been proud of the defensive effort and the competitive toughness. Yes, the offense looked rough but the team just lost its main go to scorer so a lot of adjustments are going to have been made in the ensuing weeks. Freshmen are going to get better and I think Dye will settle in.

On the silver lining front, I am not sure we see that 4th quarter Jordan Horston with Rae in the game. Jordan seems more comfortable (or confident) being batman rather than robin.

She has the CPS vibe down. Pat would have been proud of the defensive effort and the competitive toughness. Yes, the offense looked rough but the team just lost its main go to scorer so a lot of adjustments are going to have been made in the ensuing weeks. Freshmen are going to get better and I think Dye will settle in.

On the silver lining front, I am not sure we see that 4th quarter Jordan Horston with Rae in the game. Jordan seems more comfortable (or confident) being batman rather than robin.

Agree. As much as I hate injuries, they can allow players an opportunity to thrive in new roles. Jordan is a star and is playing incredible as the leader of the team.

This is very true. Holly's team would be 0-3 right now if she were on the sideline. She couldn't coach her way out of a paper bag. Read the comments from the South Florida Coach. The defensive adjustment that Kellie made took away their best scoring option in the fourth and most likely won this game for them.

so...is that not what a coach should do?

Actually he's wrong, and so are you. Expect much? 20/20 against a top 25 team because you're a bigger big? 37 minutes/10 pts/10 reb/6 blocked shots isn't good enough? She isn't a scorer, and never has been. She's a defensive player first, and always has been. Appreciate her for who she is, please stop criticizing her for not being who she isn't.
Not critizing,just an observation...when your 5 inches taller than anyone on the court you should be dominant...she did have a good game,no doubt. The player guarding her was 6 foot

VN Store

Back