We need players

Face it. We’ve been competitive all year, but when it comes down to it, we don’t have the bodies to get it done. CJH has done a wonderful job so far this year. Will be interesting to see how we do in the coming years once we develop some depth.
He's doing this with a team filled with holes. Even just competent recruiting and pulls from the portal get us taking the steps forward to build.

Yep. It's not just an issue of not having gas in the tank...there aren't enough tanks/motors at this point. I'm hopeful Heupel will do some portal shopping to fill gaps in the short term and get on with developing some recruiting bases for the long term.

It's funny because we have been hearing that same exact thing since Kiffin left, maybe even before. It may be true, this time, but you can't always be young and lack depth.

source.gif

Yep. Some of that means developing guys already on the roster. Some of that means getting transfers from the portal. Some means signing recruits.

Reactions: J C Higgins
I agree we need players. That is the HC's responsibility to make happen. I also want people to recognize we haven't been competitive this year against our big 3. Florida, Bama, and now Georgia, all three were blowout losses where we didn't cover the spread. Heupel may indeed be the guy, he has yet to prove it on the field. Offensive genius? One game we did not score in the second half and the UGA game we may get one score in the second half. Hardly a genius in offensive production methinks. Heupel needs to make giant steps next season, especially against our big 3 or season 3 should be his last. People that can't get it done are a dime a dozen. People that can get it done at UT may not yet be there. We'll know this time next year.
Just got 1 2nd half score yippee skippee 41-17 loss.

I read on line somewhere that Tn had over 30 transfers/jump ship. For a team to lose that many recruits and have a new coach/staff I am pleased to see the progress I've seen

VN Store

Back