Game Thread: (#15/12) Lady Vols 49 - UCF 41

I would have been shocked to see Emily or Jessie in this game, figuring it would come down to the wire. I'm more shocked, however, by the fact that Striplin got a DNP.
Emily and Rennie not going to play much this year or ever. That was decided last season neither will be in the rotation I am a little surprised Striplin didn't play she has looked fine in her limited action.

We wouldn't be **** without them two! Take what the two of them bring to our team away now and we'd be lucky to be in the top 25, let alone talked about finishing in the top 2 of the SEC
Ain't gonna happen. This team is not Top 25 caliber.

I’ll tell y’all too, I honestly don’t care what it looks like as long as we win. I’m that kind of Lady Vol fan. I love Kellie because so far her teams are gritty and have generally come out on top in games like this.
We will get a lot better. I think winning against a team that had all eight returnees and four were fifth year players is something to build on. A lot better than losing. Next two are really tough ranked teams don't know how were going to get those games.

Well it wasn’t pretty, to say the least, however it was a W. We played good defense against a veteran none power 5 school with a very good coach. The problem is we need scorers. Dye did not play the way she can play and Key has to learn to hold on to the ball. I am proud of freshmen Miles and Pucket. It is a work in progress.

Well it wasn’t pretty, to say the least, however it was a W. We played good defense against a veteran none power 5 school with a very good coach. The problem is we need scorers. Dye did not play the way she can play and Key has to learn to hold on to the ball. I am proud of freshmen Miles and Pucket. It is a work in progress.
The fact that Miles and Puckett are playing this well this early is a huge positive. I've watched some games where some higher ranked freshmen played a lot worse. Some not playing at all.

We will get a lot better. I think winning against a team that had all eight returnees and four were fifth year players is something to build on. A lot better than losing. Next two are really tough ranked teams don't know how were going to get those games.

Suspect we will actually fair pretty well against South Florida. Felt they were over ranked all last season and not really a very physical team in reality. Playing them at home I think we will actually win double digits. Hope I don’t end up with egg on my face. Just think we’re the better, more physical, longer team. They don’t match up with us great. Mununga is a great rebounder but only 6’ those players tend to struggle against us.

I’m more nervous to play Texas. One benefit against them this season is they have a very inexperienced interior and a new post coach. Their freshman center is talented but seems to want to face up more and we haven’t seen her try to defend and actual center. Lauren Ebo is too slow to play. They have some very talented shooters though and we are having trouble getting out to hot shooters. If we don’t play lock down defense it may not be a pretty home game.

Last edited:
Been a strange year 90 percent of womens teams have looked ugly in these early games. I haven't seen so many teams play so badly in any year.

If you saw my post earlier, I think it might have something to do with the line moving back to international depth. Seems like the 3 point shooting is just really bad. What do you think? Hoping teams adjust.

Look forward to actually watch the game to see all the bad and good and see what is fixable in early season. I know people are worried about Key but come big games she will show up she did last year and will again this year. D is really good first 2 games we went on the road against another Veteran and hard playing Defense without Our AA and won. All Wins are good. In CHRIST Alone.

Common denominator?
Coach Harper says that covid and everyone getting to return on so many teams made all the Mid major teams a lot better this season. That seems to be true Baylor beat Texas Southern in overtime and we've had a mass of upsets. We've barley avoided the upset and not getting any easier next two games.

I said damnit during a game once and got a technical. Sure glad there were no internet stone chuckers back then or I may have never recovered emotionally.

I lead the team in technicals. Almost always from being too physical on a rebound. Once for telling the official he was too slow getting down to the court to have possibly been in position to call a foul under the basket. He was just mad because it was true. He was sucking air 😂

1635618986770-png.407312

GAMEDAY TIMES & BROADCAST INFO

RELATED LINKS

Buy Tickets
Walk-Through Metal Detectors In Use
Clear Bag Policy
Gameday Info
Follow @LadyVol_Hoops

TENNESSEE

Roster
Schedule
UT Game Notes (PDF)

UCF

Roster
Schedule
UCF Game Notes (PDF)

Go Lady Vols
Horston still turnover queen. Hasn't learned a thing from last year. She will be a really good player once she gets over herself. Congrats LV on tonights win.

I think its a good win. Way better than a bad loss. Young players getting big mins in first road game. I thought Dye got good shots, just didn't fall. She may have a conditioning problem right now, but she's going to be huge for us.

Could Jordlynn be our combo point guard? I think between them, Walker and Miles are off to a pretty strong start. Not going to fill up the nets, but will fill the rest of the stat sheet. JH needs to play off ball.

Key not only dislikes physical play, she appears to downright resent it. I'm very worried about her headspace right now. Her third foul tonight, from a sitting position on the floor way after the play, is mega alarming. Green is a worker, needs to shoot fts better and I'll bet she will.

Jordan Horston is a very passionate player but also needs to learn to reign it in. Other than that and the turnover load, she played very, very well. Learn to lead by more than head slaps.

Great news about Rae. Sure hope she gets back in time for her hometown tourney.

Loved all the charges taken tonight. We’ve been missing players like Keyen and Jordan Walker. Both are so tough and both obviously love the game.

A few seasons ago we had players who were proud to admit they wouldn’t take a charge. Now we have players who are proud to take them so they can WIN.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back