Game Thread: (#15/12) Lady Vols 59 - Southern Illinois 49

Not pretty at all. I think this goes beyond the girls not playing.

But I do have to give them credit for responding to adversity and pulling it out.

Hoping things improve but glad to see us open the season with a win nonetheless.
When ur top three players don’t play most of the game, It’s gonna be ugly but we still came away with the win.

We need to remember who these officials are and pray we never see them again. They really are bad. Of course, it's early in the season for them, too, so hopefully they'll also get better. [Can't get any darn worse]

Not pretty at all. I think this goes beyond the girls not playing.

But I do have to give them credit for responding to adversity and pulling it out.

Hoping things improve but glad to see us open the season with a win nonetheless.
We were losing to a bad mid major team for over 3 1/2 quarters I give them credit for nothing. Embarrassing performance.

Reactions: zaqhhh
15-2 run to end the game. LVs showed a lot of fight when they could've finished with an embarrassing loss

It is very important that some of the freshmen played key roles in it too. It was ugly, but that is exactly what young players need to build confidence. They have to be challenged. The game has to be on the line. And they have to pull it out.

The fact that this could end a double digit win is insane. A lot of fight to end it here. This was a choppy mess of a game. Much of that due to the way it was and was not officiated. It was equally poor officiating both ways, but wow was it poor.

I will be praying hard for Rae, I’m sick thinking about it. Hopefully Jordan just has a light sprain 🙏🏼

We were losing to a bad mid major team for over 3 1/2 quarters I give them credit for nothing. Embarrassing performance.

I tend to agree but it is never easy to come back especially for how cold they were shooting.

I have serious concerns over this team and frankly CKH tenure at this point but let’s see how this unfolds with a full lineup. Don’t have much optimism but they deserve a shot.

Reactions: PG1
My only feedback… masks with holes for whistles in them are one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen. 🤦‍♂️

Please tell me such a thing does not exist.

Of course, it is no different than the gap at the bridge of the nose. It makes the wearing performative rather than functional.

Yet still won by 10, without horston (the whole game), key (3 quarters), and rae (2nd half). I give HUGE credit to the rest of the team for overcoming that and still winning by double digits.

VN Store

Back