Saw this on a GA message board.. Yeesh… is our O-line really this bad?

UT’s OL:

Ranked 126 of 130 in sack rate
Ranked 117 of 130 in standard down sack rate
Ranked 128 of 130 in passing down sack rate

It’s not like we don’t have talent on the line. Wright/Carvin/Mays/Mays are all 4* and 5* guys.

I knew it felt like we give up a lot of sacks, but I didn’t know it was near the worst in the country.
We will more than double our wins from last year. Our offense is scoring more points per game than Georgia. I don't give a rat's a$$ about what Georgia or their fans think. They will find a way to blow this season and not win the Natty.

We will more than double our wins from last year. Our offense is scoring more points per game than Georgia. I don't give a rat's a$$ about what Georgia or their fans think. They will find a way to blow this season and not win the Natty.
They are actually 2nd in the conference in scoring offense and we are 3rd though our PPG is very close. Huge improvement for us though, last year we were 12th in the conference in scoring offense.

cfbstats.com - 2021 Southeastern Conference Team Leaders

Good at run blocking though.
18th in rush yards
31st in yards per carry

I think part of the issue with sacks is QB runs that don't go well. That mitigates it a bit, but doesn't totally explain it. Maybe another thing is the TE almost always being on a pass route. IMO Heupels offense is aggressive and sacrificed pass protection for moving the ball downfield.

That isn't to excuse it. It needs to be better.

FTR, UCF was 63rd in sacks allowed last year, out of 127.

Yep I remember 4 or 5 QB draws from Hooker & Milton that were tackled for 1 pr 2-yard losses. Also our starting 5 have I think just played in unison 1 or 2 starts at least this year,

Quick! Throw it it to the sideline, then that person throw it downfield. Quick! Roll out HH, then throw it downfield.

I think we will see some "Trickeration" Hooker hands of to a RB, who flips it back to Hook, long pass for a TD! You can bet Hype is drawing up some special plays. Uga D is phenomenal. Screens aren't gonna work vs that speed either. It will take a lot of patience and grit.

Reactions: Wireless1
Imagine how good Hooker would be with a good OL lol
I'm not sure he would be, is part of his success that he's very quickly seeing the defensive weakness and exploiting it before they have a chance to recover. If he had more time would he be pulling a JG and looking for a better option?

And that, my fellow Vols, is how we are discussed on those trash boards. While we have folks in here falling over themselves to praise uga, they do nothing but dump on any opposing team and echo praise back and forth between themselves.

lol, what you're seeing is the difference between a program that has lost 9 games over the last 5 years combined and a program that hasn't even had a 9 win season in the last 5 years.

If JG was still our qb all the analysts would talk about is how he’s so talented but that he just doesn’t have an offensive line so it’s not his fault that we’re 0-8 and that he’s really tough and one of the loan bright spots on our team.

Yes, have you not been watching this season?

Unfortunately, I do not see this game going well for HH and the offense. May even see Milton for most of the game.

lol, what you're seeing is the difference between a program that has lost 9 games over the last 5 years combined and a program that hasn't even had a 9 win season in the last 5 years.

My point is illustrated. The uga trolls in here appreciate your praise and reassurance.

VN Store

Back