The Official #18 Tennessee vs. UT Martin Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, SEC Network

Whoever it was that said we would blow them out back when it was like 26-26 or something similar. Kudos to you. I thought we would win by double digits but at that point I sure didn’t think we would win like we did. Impressive second half.

Reactions: walkenvol
Sure wish they would adopt the football rule allowing a guy to play in 1/3rd of the games and still red shirt. ZZZ would set benefit as would Mashack. Looks like they’re planning to rs the Frenchman

Hard to know much from this one with Fulky out and apparently UTM’s stars out too.

Clearly the 3s signify a different style of play.

Kennedy clearly worth the hype.

Post play will get better as Fulky returns

Not sure next game will tell us much either.

Definitely excited by the tempo though.

Great game for the good guys and hope they progress quickly and get their chemistry straight.

Didn’t come out of the gate very locked in, but hard to complain about much in the second half.

Think the keys early in the season will be locking in defensive assignments and finding answers in the post between healthy fulk/ORN/BHH.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
Great opening game, UT Martin gave them a game in the first half then we turned it on.

Hopefully ORN can keep rebounding this we’ll all year.

Sure wish they would adopt the football rule allowing a guy to play in 1/3rd of the games and still red shirt. ZZZ would set benefit as would Mashack. Looks like they’re planning to rs the Frenchman
Wouldn’t be surprised if they found a way to redshirt at least one of mashack/ZZZ

I hope for either an SEC tourney win or four appearance finally but I do know this is gonna be a fun season.
Sure will, I think because Barnes is allowing us to shoot more 3s now we will be able to stay in ball games even if we haven’t played too well. Powell, chandler, and vescovi are all bombers.

KC/Powell/JJJ/ORN/Fulky is going to be a nasty starting lineup. Vescovi, BHH, and ZZ coming off the bench.

Going to be another fun year!

Reactions: VolnJC
Second half was much better. Vescovi and Chandler each with 20, ON had 14 boards, BHH looked good, deserved more minutes. Powell looks like a great addition. Defense has taken a step back as of now. Hopefully Fulky can get healthy, but not disappointed with game 1.

Reactions: TrippieRedd

VN Store

Back