Rushing
UGA - 80.7
UT - 153.3
Scoring
UGA - 6.56
UT - 28.22

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Zippy what is your assessement?

I think your offense is good enough to win most games. It's probably better than ours.

UGA's D is the best I have ever seen, and I've been watching CFB since 1965. I think UT can score 14 at the most, barring TOs. I'm thinking 31-14

Reactions: savannahfan
UT will probably score more than you think. I'm not sure UT can stop anyone.

I think your offense is good enough to win most games. It's probably better than ours.

UGA's D is the best I have ever seen, and I've been watching CFB since 1965. I think UT can score 14 at the most, barring TOs. I'm thinking 31-14

I think we get two tds and a fg or two but get blown out in the 2nd half due to lack of depth. UGA's typical style this year. But two td's will be the most against Ga this year in a game, correct?

I predict we are up or tied at the half. I think as the game goes on they hit us with 2-4 fast score due to depth. Probably end up 48-24 or so.

I think we get two tds and a fg or two but get blown out in the 2nd half due to lack of depth. UGA's typical style this year. But two td's will be the most against Ga this year in a game, correct?

Georgia hasn't given up more than 13 points in a game this year. In both of those games, there was a late garbage TD that got the teams to 13. I think Auburn is the only team to get to 10 before 4th quarter garbage time (and that's all Auburn got)

I think this will be the week that UGA struggles some. Not calling for the upset but something in the 27-20 range.

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
I think we'll score more than 14, but not a whole lot more. I expect a 38-20 or 38-17 type final.

We're at home, crowd will be LOUD. Our guys have a chip on their shoulders and I'm sure the D was something to prove after saturdays game.
I think we're going to score more on GA than anyone else thus far.

If our D some how gets 2 T/O that goes for TD's I think we stun GA and the world as long as our O comes to play.

Yes, 13. Our D has given up 4 TDs this year.

Reactions: DickeyD

Give a like.. BUT don't LIKE what you say.

Vegas set the line (~20 points, depending on which bookie you're looking at) with both eyes on the 4th quarter.

Our lads are going to be worn out by the 4th quarter. Georgia's going to pad their score in the 4th quarter.

But those first two to three quarters, I'm looking forward to that.

It's the irresistible force (Vols offense) against the immovable object (UGa's defense). It's going to be super interesting.

Hooker's going to have to make even faster reads than normal, and get rid of the ball. Because white jerseys with red helmets atop them are inbound. Every play.

Running yards are going to be hard to find. Runs between the tackles will usually hit a wall of bodies (ours and theirs) at or before the line of scrimmage. Traps won't even work, half the time. We might find a way to break contain on one edge or the other and make some money off sweeps to that side, for a little while, but even that will probably close up as the UGa coaching staff adjusts. QB scrambles will not work; even Hendon's favorite spin move is not going to help him much. He's going to have to be even more conscientious than normal about protecting the ball, or we'll lose fast from a rash of turnovers. In a word, the run game will be frustrating. At best.

Can we make hay on the passing game? That's the key to this whole thing, I'm thinking. If we can find success in a quick passing attack (not screens, necessarily, but the ball has to be gone before "3 mississippi" each play), then we'll hang tough through the first two to three quarters.

Sadly, that's when we're going to hit the wall of depth. More specifically, our lack thereof.

I don't have a lot of hope for a "W" this Saturday. I'm just hoping we can make them nervous for three full quarters.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
No they scored on the last play of the game against the backups.

I thought they scored in the 1st half or was that a UK defensive TD. I vaguely remember that game being close for a bit. Might have been the alcohol though.

Yeah, I remember the TD on the final play on the game. Great backdoor cover.

I thought they scored in the 1st half or was that a UK defensive TD. I vaguely remember that game being close for a bit. Might have been the alcohol though.

Yeah, I remember the TD on the final play on the game. Great backdoor cover.
I was drunk at the time, so I looked it up. You are correct, sir. They scored in the second quarter. It was 14-7 at the half.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo

I think we keep it close and GA starts pulling away in the 3rd quarter.

This game will be a lot like the Kentucky game, Georgia will hold the ball forever and we will have limited opportunities. The question is what can we do with them. Unfortunately, Kentucky is the blueprint for Georgia and they are far superior than Kentucky on Offense and better on the offensive side as well. I see the Vols taking a lot of risks on both sides to get quick scores and turnovers. So to me it will be closer than most predict or it may be uglier than some expect. Heupel does not play for moral victories so he will be going for it on 4th down a lot, especially at home.

We are going to have to get stops when we are on defense. Plain and simple. Their defense is spectacular and we are going to have to step up when they have the ball. If it comes down to a shootout I like our chances, but I don't think it is going to go that route. Our guys are just worn out by the 4th because we lack quality depth. I think if we win the turnover battle, we have a legit shot at winning. Hooker has got to have time to throw and the RB's have to at least keep them honest. We cannot afford any injuries on the o-line or to Hooker. It is time to cook up some witches brew on defense. If Heuple or Banks has any contacts in the NFL or wherever, he needs to make some calls and get as much as he can get.

I think our key to win is score early and try and hold on. As well as making their QB turn it over atleast once and capitalize

This game will be a lot like the Kentucky game, Georgia will hold the ball forever and we will have limited opportunities. The question is what can we do with them. Unfortunately, Kentucky is the blueprint for Georgia and they are far superior than Kentucky on Offense and better on the offensive side as well. I see the Vols taking a lot of risks on both sides to get quick scores and turnovers. So to me it will be closer than most predict or it may be uglier than some expect. Heupel does not play for moral victories so he will be going for it on 4th down a lot, especially at home.

I'm not predicting outcomes, points scored and I think it's going to be an entertaining game but I don't think UGA is going to be obsessed with playing keep away as much as KY. KY's D couldn't run with UT on any level and they knew it coming in. Imo, you'll see UGA's offense with a similar plan to Bama and the TEs will be prominently featured in the passing game.

The Vols play the run well and I expect to see them come out and over-play the run a bit. I think Monken understands this and will try to pick on the LBs with play action and TEs getting behind them.

VN Store

Back