Should Tim Banks be replaced at end of season?

Banks has done a fantastic job until last night. he should not be fired or should it even be mentioned but last night was unacceptable agaisnt thatteam. eam.

Reactions: TN1111
We had 3 sacks! It’s just Jimmy’s and Joe’s. He needs more depth and better players.
They had three sacks because they finally sent enough to get there. Does anybody think the 3 man rush on 4th and 24 was the right call. Gave the QB all day and he found the open man and first down. I'm not saying he is bad or fire him but he cannot seem to dial up a third down stop most of the game. I don't think that it is just players in those situation.

Reactions: TN1111
Yes, I know, my VN friends: (1) "We just won a big game, why go negative?" (I'm not being negative, this is just a question in direct response to our objectively bad defensive play) (2) "The D just had a huge TOP discrepancy, they were gassed!" (Agreed, but were they partly gassed because our coaching scheme didn't get them off the field?) (3) "We are low on scholarships and bodies who can play!" Yes, again, I know all that. My question (and it's just a question, not a call for a march on the athletic facility with torches or for a nocturnal visit to the rock with spray paint) is this: DOES TIM BANKS's DEFENSIVE SCHEME HOLD US BACK? Are we going to be able get to the next level with this lack of pressure from our 3 man rushes and infrequent blitzing or stunting, combined with a soft zone in the second and third levels? This impotent combo seems to give the opposing QB that extra second to find the receiver who turns and sits down in a hole in the secondary or breaks into a gap between our flat-footed DBs.

So do we stick with our guy and hit the portal for better players? Or do we find a coach with a better scheme (and still hit that portal)?
Mods please delete this thread. Good grief

Yes, I know, my VN friends: (1) "We just won a big game, why go negative?" (I'm not being negative, this is just a question in direct response to our objectively bad defensive play) (2) "The D just had a huge TOP discrepancy, they were gassed!" (Agreed, but were they partly gassed because our coaching scheme didn't get them off the field?) (3) "We are low on scholarships and bodies who can play!" Yes, again, I know all that. My question (and it's just a question, not a call for a march on the athletic facility with torches or for a nocturnal visit to the rock with spray paint) is this: DOES TIM BANKS's DEFENSIVE SCHEME HOLD US BACK? Are we going to be able get to the next level with this lack of pressure from our 3 man rushes and infrequent blitzing or stunting, combined with a soft zone in the second and third levels? This impotent combo seems to give the opposing QB that extra second to find the receiver who turns and sits down in a hole in the secondary or breaks into a gap between our flat-footed DBs.

So do we stick with our guy and hit the portal for better players? Or do we find a coach with a better scheme (and still hit that portal)?
Hell no. And your question about pressure we are number one with tackles in the backfield in the nation.

You are not right, this defense is thin, 90+ plays + injuries. The expectations of some fans is beyond logical.

9th game of the season, toughest conference, limited depth, talent, and experience and yet still finds a way to make a play when it really matters.

He's holding this defense together with duct tape and baling wire.

Wow, I thought he has done a remarkable job considering his guys are playing 100 plays a game literally with 10 scholarships missing.

I logged in just to put you on ignore.

Why are you like this ?!

Reactions: DeusExMachina

Tim Banks shouldn't be replaced, YOU should be replaced.

The defense played 99 snaps, 46 minutes of possession vs 14ish, we score really fast which puts our defense at a disadvantage. When we have depth, that won’t hurt as bad

If you made some people "disappear", we would all seem much more sensible. ;)
I “disappeared” a lot back in the day. Y’all looked stupid and dumb and stupid while I was gone. 😎 There have been a few recent “disappearances” that have clicked, tho.

No but he also needs to prove he can upgrade the D talent. His recruiting effort has been terrible so far.

VN Store

Back