Akron fires Tom Arth

I hate being that guy but there’s a lot of programs around the country that should be appreciative of what they get rather than hoping to get something they will never have.

I never understood how/why that guy shot up the ranks so quickly as a head coach. He was a DIII coach just 5 years ago at John Carroll and was very good there, but then was very mediocre at UTC for 2 years and somehow parlayed that into an FBS job.

So they are firing the coach that has twice as many wins this season as he had in the previous two combined?
I don't know what Akron expects out of their football program, but they've actually gotten worse since Arth became the head coach. Bowden's last season there was 4-8, so they were bad, but Arth has followed it up by winning only 3 games over the next 2+ seasons.

Akron might have an awful roster, no idea (and if they do Arth surely has a hand in that), but it is pretty clear he ain't it.

I don't know what Akron expects out of their football program, but they've actually gotten worse since Arth became the head coach. Bowden's last season there was 4-8, so they were bad, but Arth has followed it up by winning only 3 games over the next 2+ seasons.

Akron might have an awful roster, no idea (and if they do Arth surely has a hand in that), but it is pretty clear he ain't it.

Although, my statement was in fact correct, I was just being ridiculous. Next time I will add the blue font.

Reactions: 05_never_again
yes we play akron next year, and they fired him because akron is the heart of football country and hasn't covered the spread in 2 years. My fear is they get a serious coach in there like jason candle and he lights it up. Not sure if they can afford it tho.

I never understood how/why that guy shot up the ranks so quickly as a head coach. He was a DIII coach just 5 years ago at John Carroll and was very good there, but then was very mediocre at UTC for 2 years and somehow parlayed that into an FBS job.

Will Friend parlayed his “success” here into another job and a pay raise…

VN Store

Back