Did Bailey intentionally screw over his "mates"?

sjt18

By leaving when he did, he assured that UT could not use the new portal replacement rule to fill his spot. He obviously knows this.

"Schools will only be allowed to replace players who enter the portal after either the end of the institution’s fall term or Dec. 15, 2021, whichever is earlier, a source told The Athletic."

Reactions: HalfullVol
I don't think Harrison Bailey is focused on the program, whether to hurt it or otherwise.

I think he is focused on pursuing his own best interests. And for whatever reason, he has concluded that a move through the portal at this point in time is the best thing for him.

Let's not give a young man nefarious purpose without clear evidence of it.

He probably wants to get a head start on his future. It does him no good to continue to learn a system he won't be playing in. I'd feel differently if Heupel recruited him but it's obvious he doesn't fit Heupel's system and it's not like he's the first guy off the bench. The coaching change was not his doing, he gave it a shot because he loves UT, but it's probably best for him to check out at this point. He doesn't owe us anything.

He probably wants to get a head start on his future. It does him no good to continue to learn a system he won't be playing in. I'd feel differently if Heupel recruited him but it's obvious he doesn't fit Heupel's system and it's not like he's the first guy off the bench. The coaching change was not his doing, he gave it a shot because he loves UT, but it's probably best for him to check out at this point. He doesn't owe us anything.

He owes the guys around him a 2nd string qb should HH or JB get injured. He definitely owes them that.

And what really chaps my ass is that if this had been JM quitting his teammates right now. The exact same excuse makers would be openly hating on him for it.

He owes the guys around him a 2nd string qb should HH or JB get injured. He definitely owes them that.

And what really chaps my ass is that if this had been JM quitting his teammates right now. The exact same excuse makers would be openly hating on him for it.
Heupel brought Milton in though, Bailey committed to a completely different coach in a completely different system. That matters especially to QB's. Moreover he's third string, if he ain't seen the field yet, he ain't going to.

He has a place to land.

I know some say it gets him an early start in front of others but unless you've shown something on the field or was being mentioned as a Heisman contender like Ratler, and no I don't want him here but can see why other teams would pursue him. If I was a coach I'd want to see what players enter the portal instead of grabbing the first thing that I see.

The end of the day you have to do what's best for you and that's what HB is doing but he also left his teammates at a time when his number could possibly be called.

if something happened and he was forced into action these last 4 games, he would lose a year of eligibility. Because last season did nor count, and he can Redshirt this year, he will Have 4 more seasons of eligibility wherever he goes.. Its a smart move

NOTE, I think he and whatever school he goes to has been worked out for weeks

He was looking out for himself and I can't blame him. The kid has a great future, but not in this system. By jumping now he ensured he wont go over the games played limit and lose a year of eligibility. I think he gave the staff more than enough time for an opportunity. I wish him the best of luck moving forward.

And this is how Conspiracies start

What would be the worst form of hell?…One you’re not aware you’re in, so you can never get out. Believing in a truth that may not necessarily be the truth that gives you the benefit of having a perspective that will allow you to make other kinds of choices,…a negative belief system that excludes all other possible realities?

When someone goes into it too deeply into conspiracies, they are not capable of recognizing that it has shut out all other truths. It makes that one truth seem like the only one, which automatically cancels out any possibility of there being any other truths. That’s the hell you don’t know you’re in.

A person who is in denial, is in denial that they’re in denial.

He was looking out for himself and I can't blame him. The kid has a great future, but not in this system. By jumping now he ensured he wont go over the games played limit and lose a year of eligibility. I think he gave the staff more than enough time for an opportunity. I wish him the best of luck moving forward.

Exactly, he has 4 seasons left to play

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I don't care for the timing. But I doubt he's out to screw anyone. He's probably got somebody in his ear telling him to get out in front of the portal and workout with thier trainers instead of in a system he isn't right for. It stinks, but this is probably the way of things now, with the new transfer rules.

VN Store

Back