I tell you what....

HoopCreekVol

Listening to those who are not TN fans, we picked up respect from those who follow college football. No one is saying how we were mauled, but they could see the effort we put in and that we were close. Yes, it's a loss, but a gallant effort by the team. We have shown so much guts with every team we played this year.

In years past, the outcome would have been somewhat different. When you play the Bamas of the world, there is no place for mistakes because they will capitalize on every one you make.

I work with a die hard bama fan. He told me this morning I can’t even say nothing bad about UT because they play a hell of a game and had him worried until they broke away. And proceeded to say in two years we will a team to watch out for. Future is bright but we can’t allow one coach on this staff to get away.

The score was 31-24, very admirable for early in the 4th quarter ... that suggests to me ... we got tired .... we are not deep enough in talent ... for 4 quarters, YET!
Note: Alabama - Ole Miss score at the start of the 4th quarter was 35-7. That plus our game with Ole Miss ... says we are getting very close to being a top 30 team (IMO).
I think we finish 3-1 over the next 4 weeks. (7-5 for the season)

Really? I’ve been seeing the usual “Voltards suck”, “TN fans thought they had a chance LOL!”, “our fans are trash”, etc from opposing fanbases. Some talking heads have given a little praise but that’s about it. I don’t think TN will start getting real respect until we start beating ranked teams.

Really? I’ve been seeing the usual “Voltards suck”, “TN fans thought they had a chance LOL!”, “our fans are trash”, etc from opposing fanbases. Some talking heads have given a little praise but that’s about it. I don’t think TN will start getting real respect until we start beating ranked teams.
That is true, but it starts somewhere. Recruits hear the talking heads as well and we might just get some to start considering TN. Many will have vision to see where we are headed and want to be a part of it. We never expected overnight success or a natty the first year, but forward progress has its merits.

You guys need to start being more careful about exposing UT on the enterwebz. There are enemies at the gates. They are taking notice, and love to drag you down.

Gotta get a few classes of (4star/5Star) kids in the KVille.

My former battalion commander at Fort Hood is a (somehow) PROUD graduate of that school in Tuscaloosa. LTC's the only person who will ever get a "RT" out of me, and that one time was simply out of sheer total respect, and because he was retiring. I got a message at halftime on Saturday asking me "what the hell got into your guys". I replied "dunno, Sir.....but I love it and hope we continue it". Usually by halftime, I'm sprinkling expletives like salt and pepper on a steak.....this game felt different until the 4th quarter. We're gonna be hell on wheels here before too long, y'all. Other fans are starting to notice it as well as the talking heads.

I'll be honest. I would be happy to just have an OLine full of seniors that were 3-stars but have 4 years in the system.
That would be great....but....the only reason they would be here for 4 seasons is because they aren't draft worthy... Sure they know the system and play well but .....

My former battalion commander at Fort Hood is a (somehow) PROUD graduate of that school in Tuscaloosa. LTC's the only person who will ever get a "RT" out of me, and that one time was simply out of sheer total respect, and because he was retiring. I got a message at halftime on Saturday asking me "what the hell got into your guys". I replied "dunno, Sir.....but I love it and hope we continue it". Usually by halftime, I'm sprinkling expletives like salt and pepper on a steak.....this game felt different until the 4th quarter. We're gonna be hell on wheels here before too long, y'all. Other fans are starting to notice it as well as the talking heads.
We live on post at Ft.Bliss and usually I catch flack when I run into imposing vans on game days lol. I met a fellow Vol out here a couple weeks ago, that was cool.

That would be great....but....the only reason they would be here for 4 seasons is because they aren't draft worthy... Sure they know the system and play well but .....

I agree for skill positions and some lineman, but the majority that get drafted are 4 year players. In the 2020 draft, there were 31 Seniors and 17 Juniors (many RS Juniors) Offensive Lineman. And we have had a lot of 5 star lineman, yet our weakest position group has consistently been the O-Line. We need size and stability, and we need it badly and over a long period of time.

Unfortunately you don’t have to look for opposing fan bases to get shat on. You can get a good dose of that right here with our own fans.

VN Store

Back