The Official Tennessee @ #4 Alabama Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

I doubt that. Most people know at least a little bit about football.

Uh, go ahead and doubt if you want...but I got more likes and responses than you did from it. Not to mention plenty of others were saying the same thing but you decided to single me out. Again, you offered nothing with your comments so far. You don't explain why you think someone knows less about football, you just say whatever crap comes out. That's the problem with people like you, you convince or assume that people aren't as intelligent as you on a subject so you never have to contend with them. So why bother even responding in the first place, why even bother to single me out when at least 20 other people shared the exact same thing I did? When all you had to offer was some lowbrow comment, devoid of any original thought?

Last edited:
Our three best OL are out, and Evans is still injured. We ran the ball well when we had Evans and both Mays.
Against Missouri, South Carolina, Tenn Tech and Bowling Green. Need more talent and depth so we don't have to rush up to the line, rush a play hoping to catch them flat footed. That hectic pace lends itself to penalties, which we had 100 yards if tonight. Too gimmicky to sustain success

Is it considering we are play games without a bye week 8 games into the season with a patchwork OL, a banged up not healthy rb and Qb that makes our O go ? Not to mention razor thin in other positions and a slow as molasses secondary. Yeah read the headlines i will watch with my own eyes.... You know media is a ***** joke why read the bs ? Most of them are trash pure and simple.

Reactions: UTvols#1
I tried to tell them, you know, that Missouri and S Carolina SUCK and got eviscerated for it by half the fans.
Some UT fans are content getting beat by 28 points to bama, I am not one. The ones that are, you can't reason with them. They refuse to accept the fact that our high paced,high powered offense really isn't that good. Especially when trying to run up the middle.

The score is what it is...to say it's anything less than than just another blowout loss to Bama is delusional. I remember some good things when we lost 58-17 or whatever...a couple years ago too. Any "good" you saw is just BS. Enjoy the moral victory of losing by 4 TD's. I'm sure so many of you are just swelling w pride.

Moral victories through 16 years is getting pretty damn old my friend but glad to see some people appreciate the little things. Gtfo.
you gtfo. UT has been put through the meat grinder and now they have a brand new coach who BTW is missing about 25 players, but still they gave Alabama one helluva good game. You GTFO. I aint going nowhere.

I’m all for being positive but this is not a good game. Always, always something to be ashamed of getting blown out by our biggest rival 52-24. While the team has been more fun to watch this year this was not a good game. Respectfully.
That was not a blow out, respectfully.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Nobody predicted we would win this game. A lot of people are upset because this staff and the players got our hopes up through three quarters. It actually crossed my mind a couple of times tonight that we had a chance. I didn't expect that.

Is it considering we are play games without a bye week 8 games into the season with a patchwork OL, a banged up not healthy rb and Qb that makes our O go ? Not to mention razor thin in other positions and a slow as molasses secondary. Yeah read the headlines i will watch with my own eyes.... You know media is a ***** joke why read the bs ? Most of them are trash pure and simple unless your a liberal. Then it makes sense
The university makes the schedule. I never understand it but nonetheless can't use that for an excuse.

Disagree. So they scored 21 to 28 garbage points. Got it
People don't understand that's why you play 60 minutes instead of 45. The better team usually shows out. Besides, garbage points is when the losing team is scoring against 2nd and 3rd stringers. I do like the direction CJH is heading. My only worry is the fast pace offense. It will destroy lesser teams but it seems to never work against the upper teams

Because people here always no matter who the coach is will never accept the fact that coaches absolutely can and do make bad play calls. Some folks never criticize, and constructive criticism is an awesome learning tool. People defended Dooley till they very end. People defended butch till very end. People defended Pruitt till very end. And they used the same exact excuse for every one of them. DEPTH. I'm sick of people using depth to excuse bad play calling.
Constructive criticism IS a tool, however, there's little chance Heupel and the coaching staff read VN.

So, are you here to teach the rest of VN or what?

Is it considering we are play games without a bye week 8 games into the season with a patchwork OL, a banged up not healthy rb and Qb that makes our O go ? Not to mention razor thin in other positions and a slow as molasses secondary. Yeah read the headlines i will watch with my own eyes.... You know media is a ***** joke why read the bs ? Most of them are trash pure and simple unless your a liberal. Then it makes sense
Look, it's great to be able to watch 3 quarters of this rivalry and it be a 1 score game... but it's not just the media. Try bragging tomorrow to a Bama fan that it was 1 score into the 4th and they will laugh at you and say "we beat you by FOUR TDs which is more than the experts said." That's why it matters.

Reactions: Delmar
Our fan base has been delusional about the offense. We have trouble sustaining drives against good teams. Too reliant on big plays as a result of our opponent's defense suffering breakdowns
You do realize we are down several linemen and the only real running back we have? And the 2nd stringers behind them are not SEC caliber. Thinking that might be a reason why we have to rely on big plays.

The university makes the schedule. I never understand it but nonetheless can't use that for an excuse.
Its not an excuse it is what it is. The problem is we dont have players. Not an excuse it is the truth. Our coaches for the first time I can remember since maybe Majors is getting more with less.

Reactions: andyk_14
Nobody predicted we would win this game. A lot of people are upset because this staff and the players got our hopes up through three quarters. It actually crossed my mind a couple of times tonight that we had a chance. I didn't expect that.
Exactly. Thank you. Go Vols. I love this team no matter what happens. They fought their guts out. I respect that no matter what the score.

Against Missouri, South Carolina, Tenn Tech and Bowling Green. Need more talent and depth so we don't have to rush up to the line, rush a play hoping to catch them flat footed. That hectic pace lends itself to penalties, which we had 100 yards if tonight. Too gimmicky to sustain success

The offense works fine. We’re short talent and depth. Those concepts aren’t mutually exclusive.

you gtfo. UT has been put through the meat grinder and now they have a brand new coach who BTW is missing about 25 players, but still they gave Alabama one helluva good game. You GTFO. I aint going nowhere.

Exactly this game when deep into the 4th quarter. Could we have executed on a few plays to keep us in it? Of course, but the programs are in 2 different places. We didn't get beatdown the entire game.

VN Store

Back