The Official Tennessee @ #4 Alabama Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

Our fan base has been delusional about the offense. We have trouble sustaining drives against good teams. Too reliant on big plays as a result of our opponent's defense suffering breakdowns
Our three best OL are out, and Evans is still injured. We ran the ball well when we had Evans and both Mays.

Watching the Braves game. The polite fans in VIP behind home plate just let the Dodgers get out of that inning. Good grief. If you aren’t going to cheer for your team, stay home and give real fans your seats! Ditto Tennessee fans.

Reactions: chad954ut
By the rime the playoffs start Bama will be Bama. If you think otherwise it is pure hatred. I wouldnt be shocked if they beat UGA in the SEC champ. I dont think they can do it twice but they can beat UGA. They are the only team anywherr with as much talent. To say other wise is ***** delusional

Moral victory U. Future is bright but, it could be brighter if people could recognize Heupel didn't call his best game. And I love Heupel, absolutely think he is the man for the job.

Dude, it’s a warm bodies issue at this point.

We’re thin.

Like Roger Murtaugh thin.

Reactions: volinvegas
Played hard...but not always smart. Defensive players diving/leaving their feet/taking bad angles way too often and missing tackles. It was almost like you knew Bryce Young was going to pull it down and run for a first if nothing was open due to poor tackling.

Here’s why getting blown out isn’t good. You can sell your kids “a couple plays were the difference”. It’s a hard sell losing by 28.

In recruiting, Heupel was far more competitive tonight vs Bama than Pruitt or Jones (less ‘15) but it’s a hard sell to recruits unless they watched the game.

Here’s the deal. Upsets don’t happen in the first half or 3rd Qtr. Upsets occur in the 4th Qtr. You gotta be in the game in the 4th Qtr to have a chance. Don’t play stupid early.

Meanwhile Tenn had 13 first downs total.
Our 3rd down efficiency tonight was really bad on both sides of the ball. Defense hung in for 45 minutes, but the number of plays got to them. The interception took out any energy they had left. So disappointing to see the final score look so bad, yet I feel like the game was much better than that. Maybe I'm blinded by hope and we aren't close to being as good as I think we can be, but the penalties and 3rd downs absolutely killed us tonight.

How does that work?
Because people here always no matter who the coach is will never accept the fact that coaches absolutely can and do make bad play calls. Some folks never criticize, and constructive criticism is an awesome learning tool. People defended Dooley till they very end. People defended butch till very end. People defended Pruitt till very end. And they used the same exact excuse for every one of them. DEPTH. I'm sick of people using depth to excuse bad play calling.

We have the worst 3rd down defense in the country.

Sal Sunseri > Tim Banks. Get rid of this ass clown next season, please.
Defense played better than offense. Yeah, we were terrible on third down most of the night, but our defense was on the field most of the night. Banks made some good halftime adjustments. We stopped them on their first 3 drives if the second half but our offense was totally inept.

Here’s why getting blown out isn’t good. You can sell your kids “a couple plays were the difference”. It’s a hard sell losing by 28.

In recruiting, Heupel was far more competitive tonight vs Bama than Pruitt or Jones (less ‘15) but it’s a hard sell to recruits unless they watched the game.

Here’s the deal. Upsets don’t happen in the first half or 3rd Qtr. Upsets occur in the 4th Qtr. You gotta be in the game in the 4th Qtr to have a chance. Don’t play stupid early.
We were in the game early 4th quarter....

Moral victory U. Future is bright but, it could be brighter if people could recognize Heupel didn't call his best game. And I love Heupel, absolutely think he is the man for the job.
I really like Heup but I agree , I think this is his worst game. It was odd called game

He didn't but, going against a defense with an average star rating well North of 4, it's maybe hard to get a real read. Too many runs on 2 or 3rd after they had stopped us multiple times. I also think the officials didn't have any calls that leaned in our favor. Too many no calls to list...Targeting?PI?and holding a lot in the first half.

I think this game was too big for Heup. His calls are not the norm for him. I dont understand how to get away what was working on those 2 drives. I dont think HH has thrown a pass more than 10yds since

This game isntoo big cor CJH...your assertion.

The team wearing orange tonight has a qb that is less tha. 100%

The tram wearing orange is missing their best offensive lineman

The aforementioned offensive linemane is being replaced by a former walkon after reshuffling thenline because the starting center is finally back

If you think that he shouldnt call the game differently under those circumstances....you should have your wife check your posts before you hit post reply

We are basically in the same recurring nightmare. “ we need more recruits, we need more depth” blah blah blah. It’s true. But our admin put us in a death spiral after kiffin left. Seeing him win at ole miss is disgusting. They better pray Huepel recruits well and gets transfers because if we repeat Groundhog Day next year… the program will have its final breath as it’s buried forever

This game isntoo big cor CJH...your assertion.

The team wearing orange tonight has a qb that is less tha. 100%

The tram wearing orange is missing their best offensive lineman

The aforementioned offensive linemane is being replaced by a former walkon after reshuffling thenline because the starting center is finally back

If you think that he shouldnt call the game differently under those circumstances....you should have your wife check your posts before you hit post reply
run along, took you 45 minutes to try and justify and this is what you came up with. I had forgot about you

Reactions: chad954ut

VN Store

Back