Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

I took an Uber home from Carmax. The guy has been driving for them for 5 or more years and averages 90K miles a year!

Claimed he grossed about 88K a year doing it - he was 65 years old.
I've been using Walmart+ for that last month or 2 instead of Amazon and they deliver most everything via Uber cars. Anything I order that they have in their store they throw it on an Uber and deliver it within a couple of hours usually. Personally I don't see how anyone is making any money. Walmart charges $98 a year for the service and they deliver most things in 2 days or sooner. Anything you order that they have in their store they hire an Uber driver and deliver to your front door.
Anyone grossing 88K is probably spending $50k on a vehicle + insurance and maintenance.

Eh Tenn - Bama. I’ve had lots of disgust over the years but I hear you. If we’re in it late I might crack the seal on a special limited edition bottle of Woodford Reserve
Limited Edition Woodford Reserve? I’m not really into bourbon (but I have friends and family that are), so please forgive my ignorance on this particular subject. Is this super rare and hard to find, and what is the approximate price?

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Limited Edition Woodford Reserve? I’m not really into bourbon (but I have friends and family that are), so please forgive my ignorance on this particular subject. Is this super rare and hard to find, and what is the approximate price?
The bourbon is their normal reserve. The limited edition has to do with the bottle etching. Related to work. This batch went into the cask on Sept 11, 2001. It was bottled this year.

And at this point it is impossible to find. I was lucky to be given the opportunity to buy a bottle.

Any one use T-Mobile internet? Its $50/month including all taxes and fees. They just started service in my area and it's about $20 a month cheaper than comca$t.
Not me. I have used Comcast (past and current), ATT and they both blow balls. EPB in Chatt. is great. I dont mind paying for quality and customer service and they are top notch. I wonder if Starlink will be good. I mean we went from coaxial cable to fiber to everything being wireless. And I thought bandwidth was a seriuos concern just a few years ago.
EPB= Elect Power Board? I have read that Chatt has one of the best broadband systems in the USA.

We have EPB here in Hamilton Co, and I have Spectrum at the Mid TN house. EPB is great, and they never played games on rates - no introductory prices that escalate. We did have a set top box and then went for EPB online service using a Firestick which we didn't care for and dumped in favor of streaming. I'm keeping my eyes open for something better at the other house - definitely before the next Spectrum "introductory rate" jump takes effect. The service is fine - it's just internet; the pricing sucks.

We have EPB here in Hamilton Co, and I have Spectrum at the Mid TN house. EPB is great, and they never played games on rates - no introductory prices that escalate. We did have a set top box and then went for EPB online service using a Firestick which we didn't care for and dumped in favor of streaming. I'm keeping my eyes open for something better at the other house - definitely before the next Spectrum "introductory rate" jump takes effect. The service is fine - it's just internet; the pricing sucks.

I was talking with my Mom and she said EPB is going wireless. Their CS is top notch as well.

I was talking with my Mom and she said EPB is going wireless. Their CS is top notch as well.

I think what turned us off on EPB cable without the box was that mainly the menu and commercial skipping. Not having DVR capability doesn't really bother us much lately since we aren't watching much on broadcast TV and keeping up with episodes. For that we're actually using an older TiVo and an antenna - OTA with a good antenna is better anyway. I'd upgrade the TiVo except the newer one sold under Channel Master name for OTR hasn't wowed me ... and there's a new OTR standard coming out soon, so compatibility could be an issue ... again. I use a Roku mostly at the other house, and I like the menu far better than the mess Amazon came up with for the Fire - which again was a big distraction when it came to the new EPB TV service based on the Firestick. The real disappointment is 4K programming - even with a good 4K TV what you see on screen is awful. The entire courtroom scene in "Goliath" as we watched last night was basically very dark black and white. May have to check it out at the other house with the Roku instead of the Fire and decide if 4K TV just sucks.

The real disappointment is 4K programming - even with a good 4K TV what you see on screen is awful. The entire courtroom scene in "Goliath" as we watched last night was basically very dark black and white. May have to check it out at the other house with the Roku instead of the Fire and decide if 4K TV just sucks.
Have you looked into cataract surgery lately? I used to bitch and moan about the "quality" of TV pictures until I realized it was my eyes and not the TV that was to blame. My second cataract eye surgery is coming up.

@McDad

612.jpeg

The bourbon is their normal reserve. The limited edition has to do with the bottle etching. Related to work. This batch went into the cask on Sept 11, 2001. It was bottled this year.

And at this point it is impossible to find. I was lucky to be given the opportunity to buy a bottle.
Thanks for the info. I’m not interested in paying more for the same alcohol in a different bottle, although I do understand and appreciate the monumental significance of that particular cask date. I hope you’re able to enjoy it tonight during a huge UT upset win.

How much that set you back Clark?

VN Store

Back