Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Putting the supply chain shortage to work - just sold a car to Carmax for 2500 more than I paid (including tax and tags) almost 4 years ago.

It's rare when I come out good on a car transaction so I had to brag a little.

You know ViB, this is rather scary. A vehicle appreciating.

I purchased my Honda a couple of years ago from Carmax. It was in Sarasota and I had the option to decline upon arrival. but would of been out the $600 shipping. It worked out.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
It's nuts - I just put my car into the Edmunds car value thingy and it came back saying Carmax would give me 24,500 - couldn't pass it up. It was a 2017 FIAT 124 Spider. Loved the car but in a couple years when the market returns to normal I'll get another Boxster.

The crazy thing is that new in 2017 it was about 33K, a year later I bought it for just under 21K (not counting taxes/tags) - huge depreciation. Now almost 4 years later it pulls 24,500 at wholesale. Feel bad for anyone trying to buy something right now.

My customer did say that he spoke with the buyer at his sons BB game the other night and he was not expecting his inflated return to be as good as he anticipated a bit ago. The market may be softening, which is a good thing

Any one use T-Mobile internet? Its $50/month including all taxes and fees. They just started service in my area and it's about $20 a month cheaper than comca$t.

Not me. I have used Comcast (past and current), ATT and they both blow balls. EPB in Chatt. is great. I dont mind paying for quality and customer service and they are top notch. I wonder if Starlink will be good. I mean we went from coaxial cable to fiber to everything being wireless. And I thought bandwidth was a seriuos concern just a few years ago.

You know ViB, this is rather scary. A vehicle appreciating.

I purchased my Honda a couple of years ago from Carmax. It was in Sarasota and I had the option to decline upon arrival. but would of been out the $600 shipping. It worked out.
Same thing happened with my 96 Cobra convertible. I bought it as 2nd owner in 97 for basically 96’s window sticker price. 97’s were going for $3-5k over sticker. That was a specific car though not every damn car on the road.

Same thing happened with my 96 Cobra convertible. I bought it as 2nd owner in 97 for basically 96’s window sticker price. 97’s were going for $3-5k over sticker. That was a specific car though not every damn car on the road.
They’re getting harder and harder to find … clean ones anyway. I’ve had my eyes out for one, but haven’t ran across a decent one locally.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
A man is flying in a hot air balloon and realizes he is lost. He reduces his height and spots a woman down below. Lowering the balloon further he shouts, "Excuse me, can you tell me where I am?"
"Yes, you're in a hot air balloon, hovering 50 feet above this field" says the woman.
"You must be an engineer," says the balloonist. "I am," replies the woman. "How did you know?"
"Well," says the balloonist, "everything you have told me is technically correct, but it's of no use to anyone."
"You must be in management," says the woman.
"I am," replies the balloonist, "but how did you know?"
"Well," she says, "you don't know where you are, or where you're going, but you expect me to be able to help. You're in the same position you were before we met, but somehow now it's my fault."

A man is flying in a hot air balloon and realizes he is lost. He reduces his height and spots a woman down below. Lowering the balloon further he shouts, "Excuse me, can you tell me where I am?"
"Yes, you're in a hot air balloon, hovering 50 feet above this field" says the woman.
"You must be an engineer," says the balloonist. "I am," replies the woman. "How did you know?"
"Well," says the balloonist, "everything you have told me is technically correct, but it's of no use to anyone."
"You must be in management," says the woman.
"I am," replies the balloonist, "but how did you know?"
"Well," she says, "you don't know where you are, or where you're going, but you expect me to be able to help. You're in the same position you were before we met, but somehow now it's my fault."
Want to like this post more than once!

Can you believe this BS???

Well...nevermind. for whatever reason i cannot copy the link to the article even when i select "copy link"... so heres a screenshot

In this article, they kiss Kiffins butt...claim there were "18 stoppages for injuries, 11 in the 4th quarter alone between both teams..." ( there WERE 28 bullcrap injuries just by OldPiss alone) they make fun of Coach Hype for his statement after the game where he said " I am probably not the best person to say what should be done.." as IF he was an idiot and was INCAPABLE of devising a penalty for Kiffins BS cheating, rather than you know...NOT making a rightfully angry and negative comment about the BS that they pulled and getting fined by the SEC or NCAA for it...then they act like Freshwaterz dumbazz is a genius for figuring out how to stop those dumb old hillbillies from faking injuries.

What does Hype talk about every 15 seconds? Tempo. Go fast. Tempo. Go fast...ad nauseum. He makes all our players RUN from every station...drill...stretching...anywhere they go in practice. Run. Fast. Tempo. Its how we gain an advantage despite having a relatively simple playbook. 3rd most plays oer game in FBS...and it WORKS. More than doubled our points per game from last season. Top 15 offense that was like 104th last season out of what 125 teams??? So WHO do yall think were taking dives to slow us down every single drive? WHO was so pissed about it that they didnt even attempt to discuss it with the media to keep from losing their temper? WHO had 28!!!! 28 freaking "injuries" and 11 in the 4th quarter alone?

Joey Freshwater is who...and he looks like crap now by the way. That 30 or so extra pounds he gained since leaving UT looks like hot garbage on a Ken doll looking loser that chases 19yo coeds...it is easy to tell that he has been ridden hard and put up wet. Looks like he is still living that wild druggy California lifestyle but cant afford the plastic surgeries and Botox those clowns use to try and cover up their hard living looks.

Cant stand him...now cant stand this stupid BB website either. Yall want a good laugh though, seriously? Watch the video i link about Freshwater in the next post.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211022-201900_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211022-201900_Chrome.jpg
    562.1 KB · Views: 0

I usually sell cars myself but this is one of those that someone will probably pay the 28K or so that Carmax will charge but doubtful that someone will be within 100 miles of me.

Plus, online "book value" sites haven't caught up to current prices so trying to sell it to some individual for 25+ when the value services say private seller is 21K was not a hassle I wasn't interested in. The Carvana/Zoom/Carmax battle to acquire inventory was a perfect storm for me to sell a car I wasn't planning to sell.

So on the way to FL we stopped at a Taco Bell somewhere in podunk AL. Of course I’m wearing a Vols T-shirt and a dude wearing a Bama shirt starts talking to me, seems like a nice guy all friendly. Turns out he’s originally from Crossville, he mentions last weeks game and how embarrassing it must be to be a Vols fan with people trashing the field over a loss. I said not as embarrassing as someone getting killed like after every Bama loss.

So on the way to FL we stopped at a Taco Bell somewhere in podunk AL. Of course I’m wearing a Vols T-shirt and a dude wearing a Bama shirt starts talking to me, seems like a nice guy all friendly. Turns out he’s originally from Crossville, he mentions last weeks game and how embarrassing it must be to be a Vols fan with people trashing the field over a loss. I said not as embarrassing as someone getting killed like after every Bama loss.
Not to mention the Bama fan that poisoned Auburn's trees. Bama fans have zero room to talk. It's crazy that people are acting like this is the first time fans have thrown things on the field anywhere. It's far from it.

Had a dream last night. Game is tied 6-6 late and Bama attempts a long FG with 1:30 left. We block it back to their 37 yard line and kick the winner as time expires. Vols defeat highly ranked Bama 9-6.
I’d love it…. I still remember that game like it was yesterday. I’d just bought a brand new Vols hat. I had to work, but we had the radios on the game. I remember cursing the conservative play calling and Ward actually wondering if Kelly’s arm or shoulder could potentially be injured. I was able to get in front of a tv when Bama blocked the FG and kicked the game winner. I threw my hat in the trash….. because after seeing that BS I figured it had to be a bad luck/cursed piece of apparel.

Better wait little longer

beer-open.gif

Reactions: AM64
Kansas just stopped oklahomas RB behind the LOS....on 4th down...for a loss and was pushing him backwards just like we did last week . Okie QB runs up to him...takes the ball while he has already been pushed backwards 2 or 3 yards...takes the ball and runs 5 yards forward for a 1st down!!!!

They reviewed the play forever and let OU keep the ball!!!!!!!!!

His forward progress was stopped just like against us...EXACT SAME circumstances except that it was same team player taking the ball instead of UT taking it from the other team...the refs reviewed it and said bc it was behind the LOS it was no foul and OU got the ball...

BOTH RULINGS CANNOT BE LEGAL AND CORRECT.

WE lost that effing game by 5 points when they took 7 points off the board in the exact same circumstances.

Kansas SHOULD have had the ball...down by 5 points...in okie territory with over 3 minutes left jn a game where they led the entire first 3 quarters.

I AM SO F@#$ING TIRED OF TENNESSEE GETTING SHAFTED BY THE REFS....remember the bowl game against UNC??? Ole Miss game this year.. Jabar Gaffney no catch. ... gators games nearly EVERY year when that bald black Vandy grad dbag is the ref...

We got absolutely robbed by the refs against OM....at least twice. Have yall seen the photos on that 4th and 27 play when Hooker threw the ball up field...the ref 10 feet away signalled 1st down...the ref that was BEHIND the QB 25 plus yards back up the field OVER RULED him and marked the ball short from his perspective where he could not even see the play.

The fix was in....that same ref crew has been suspended for cheating 3 previous times by the NCAA...go read about it. Effing ridiculous

His policies were infinitely better, not even debatable. I don’t give a s**t who is President as long as they look out for America and it’s citizens first and aren’t pandering “social justice warriors”.
On edge, huh! Lighten up, man. IT'S FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE!

VN Store

Back