President Joe Biden - Kamala Harris Administration

Just being cynical but this is so bad I almost wonder if it's setting up the kind of scenario the EL's of the world tried using with other metrics. Use the pandemic low points as the "Thanks Joe!" for any improvements instead of pre-pandemic indicators. Look for whenever this transportation mess is cleaned up at all to be something the administration should be receiving laurels for instead of it being pointed out they just managed to throw some water on the fire they started.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
guess we're learning the meaning of the term "transitory"

Fed's Jerome Powell says high inflation likely to last 'well into next year' | Seeking Alpha

• High inflation is "likely to last well into next year; the same is true for pressures on wages," said Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell in a panel discussion hosted by the Bank of International Settlement and the South African Reserve Bank.

Don't you like how the "transitory" part never goes away? Inflation never quite works out to be a bubble like a runaway stock market bubble - it's more like a turn of the ratchet. One end result is that since legislatures don't re-index things like tax rates, there are just more and more ways people are screwed - paying more and getting less. You never really know what's going on in the rest of the world because they've got problems like energy supply and cost to deal with, too, but if our inflation is a mostly isolated event it screws us in any number of ways. The worst is that it further tilts our disadvantage with respect to economic competitiveness. Perhaps another round won by the Chinese and their manipulated economy. I'm still unconvinced that covid was purely accidental, and that we are way to naive to think so.

If costs of all kinds including labor fall back when and if the economy normalizes, then that's one thing. History says it doesn't work that way.

Reactions: StarRaider
Did we learn absolutely nothing from the sub-prime disaster?

Overall, the skewing of home purchases to older Americans is a concerning trend, given that homeownership is equated with the American Dream for many.

It hasn’t gone unnoticed. The White Housewants to make the path to ownership smoother and more accessible for first-time homebuyers, and the Biden administration recently announced a series of measures meant to combat major obstacles to homeownership. They plan to increase the housing supply and expand financing opportunities.

Why Older Buyers Have Such a Big Advantage in Today’s Housing Market

Reactions: AM64
The Biden Administration wants to force employers to financially invest in companies driving their liberal agenda - New Department of Labor Rules designed to try to force Retirement Plans to invest in ESG funds.

Department of Labor proposes rule to add political directives to retirement savings
Yeah… my reply to my advisor will be written and will state to not include any ESG component in judging a funds potential ROI based solely on ESG merits.

My reply to the idiot in chief and DOL is below.

6E22A692-4289-44F6-8020-F040B94950DA.jpeg

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Even Biden knows Biden sucks.

As well he should. I seriously doubt he knows the limitations of his suckdom though. He’s setting the bar awfully awfully high in terms of sheer sucktitude for any other future President. I still find it unbelievably shocking that 81million+ individuals could be that completely ignorant. It is mind boggling sad.

VN Store

Back