Pruitt's lawyer says he has the info to burn the whole AD down

I'm not liking the feel of this.

However, didn't we clean house and have a new AD? Have we not already handled everything?

However, this could mean Fulmer gets his name tarnished forever.

Reactions: tbh
"Wayill ah knoe thangs ubowt yur atheledic apartment, aight. Gimme sum munny."

That window-licking gump Beldar Cornbread and his attorney can get ****ed.

He doesn't have to. There's a lot of ways this can play out, these are just some of the ways off the top of my head:
-He actually has evidence of wrong doing in other parts of UT athletics which would actually hurt us with NCAA sanctions like you wouldn't believe. He can then leverage that into a payday for Pruitt. But either way even if we settle, that information may get released and then we're not just paying pruitt millions, but now that information is out there.
-He doesn't have much evidence of wrong doing. All he has to do is produce enough that a judge doesn't toss out the lawsuit. He then will be able to go digging into our crap during discovery and eventually discover wrong doing because let's be honest, every major athletic department in country cheats, we all already know this.

Either he gets his guy paid, or help his Bama alumni client deal a blow to Tennessee athletics via (additional) NCAA sanctions. It's a smart play. Guy knows what he's doing.

Then why is he stuck making this claim in the court of public opinion instead of to an arbitrator with UT’s counsel on the other side?

If you got the cards in this situation, you can bet your arse I’m gonna make you show me your Royal Flush before I buy in.

If he really had the goods, he would already be paid.

Fulmer is getting 50%. If you piss Fulmer off and he goes rogue, you are looking at lack of institutional control. 50% isn't bad for hush money and to keep some semblance of donor peace (those loyal to PF).

Good points but doesn't make it less galling though.

They have paid him twice to run the program into the ground now.

Reactions: DEFENDTHISHOUSE
This is what we've been waiting to happen. From the beginning I've said it will go this way and it's happening:
1) UTAD has an internal investigation - that's over and I firmly believe UT has the results and paying the law firm what amounts to a retainer.
2) Pruitt signals he wants a buyout and wasn't fired for cause - this is where we sit today.
3) UT will respond to him with an offer of about 3 million or 25 percent
4) Pruitt will counter with around 8 or 9 Mill
5) UT will say how about something in the middle and offer 4 to 6
6) Pruitt accepts and never utters a word about Tennessee again
7) UTAD releases that report to the NCAA and says we did our diligence are self sanctioning and cleaned our own house...period, end of story.

Plus everything has slid into the next fiscal year where cash is once again flowing in the AD.

That would actually be several crises well managed.

They're just taking advantage of the current situation to try to seize some opportunity they didn't have before. It won't work, imo.

Reactions: Flovol
Lyons’ letter made no attempt to defend Pruitt, but instead threatened a lawsuit that would aim to embarrass the university and unmask widespread rule-breaking behavior Lyons alleges extends above and beyond Pruitt’s football staff.

Give me money or I'll embarrass you: I believe there is a word for this...

University general counsel Ryan Stinnett wrote Monday in response to Lyons that UT has no intention of settling and is prepared to defend its actions.

“Your letter contains no denials of your client’s actions,” Stinnett wrote. “Instead, you raise vague and unsupported allegations of other violations by the University and threaten to embarrass the University publicly by revealing these alleged violations.

“The University emphatically denies these allegations and will not be intimidated into settling with your client based on your unsupported assertions.”

Drag his ass UT.

Jeremy can kick rocks.

tumblr_mjo0x0bRRJ1s2mzr3o1_400.gif

And this is why you pay the buyout (or negotiate down) and pay the man. We have paid players for years, across multiple sports. If Pruitt really wants to spill the beans, and has others willing to talk or has receipts, it will be like dropping a nuclear bomb on the athletic program.

You think Kiffin set us back 10 years? This will set us back 30 years in multiple sports.

And Pruitt is making himself un-hireable in the eyes of any future NCAA institution. Not a good look for him at all. Any dirt he has only solidifies our case of termination for cause. This is a ploy to try to use the actions media storm around UT football to his advantage.

If he wants to negotiate a lower deal buy him a Big Mac Meal send him on his way.

This may be why the NCAA has not hammered down the sanctions yet. They don’t have all the info. This is not looking good.

My thoughts are if there was anything substansive to the info Pruitt allegedly has, this threat would not have been made public. They also would have given UT an indication of what damaging info they may have instead of claiming to have plenty of proof but not giving any real details.

Releasing this threat to the public with zero backup is a PR move meant to embarrss the university in an attempt to force a some settlement. They have nothing.

Let’s see. Pruitt’s lawyer gave no hint that Pruitt’s firing for cause could be denied. But, if UT doesn’t ante up some hush money, he will burn UT to the ground (metaphorically speaking). Cat fight!!!
Only the lawyers win here.
You're exactly right. The basis of his suit won't be to argue that Pruitt wasn't fired for cause, but rather get a larger settlement by showing them what they think will kill UT in bad PR during the discovery phase

UT lawyers would get to ask him questions about knowledge of improprieties at Bama and Georgia, his former employers to establish pattern of Pruitt noncompliance. UT would probably be better off spending a million on private investigators and go ahead and let Pruitt burn UT to the ground, but take Bama and Georgia with us. See who can rise from the ashes.

One defense could be that we do the same thing to do them and us this opportunity to discover different tactics that Pruitt did when he was at Georgia or Alabama, taking them down with us. We would be able to then establish a pattern that he's always cheated and if we found something that would make him virtually unhirable in the college ranks. But that assumes that he doesn't want to go back to the college ranks and that he's satisfied with being in the NFL right now.
Sorry I didn’t see your post before I repeated what you said essentially.

VN Store

Back