Pruitt's lawyer says he has the info to burn the whole AD down

Maybe so. But it sure seems like after investigating themselves for a year, UTAD would know the stakes and, if the risk justified it, would quietly pay some of the guys buyout rather than let it get to this point.

Anyone that has a clue about how UT has gone about this whole thing I would love to be plugged into it. It is the most bizarre thing I've ever seen.

How could you know in January (2 months after start of investigation) there were up to 50 MAJOR violations and not have closed this thing down by now?? I don't care to hear they are waiting on NCAA to fold up because they would not still be paying the outside firm 100K a month to do work if that was all they were waiting on. They are still digging into stuff. JMO

What he may have done at other schools is irrelevant to the case and doubtful anyone would testify from other schools.

Actually it could be. It could show a pattern. And while no one may “want” to testify sometimes they don’t have a choice. Now let’s say it was you, and you got subpoenaed. Some people you worked with also got subpoenaed in this trial. Would you lie under oath to protect a university knowing very well that some of the others could tell a different story that results in your jail time? I wouldn’t.

He probably does…..I’d say every coach in the SEC others than Vandy’s coach has similar information. Just settle with the dude and let’s move on….

These threats make him almost unemployable moving forward. He was already almost there and maybe he knew it and that’s why they are making veiled threats. Bad bad look for him.

Reactions: HalfullVol
All Tennessee would have to do is get Pruitt on the stand and this case will get tossed out in about 30 seconds. He's an absolute fool and his lawyer wouldn't be saying anything in public if he had anything on UT, he would have shown them behind closed doors and this case would be settled.

Whats really galling is Fulmer gets paid through 2023 for being the mastermind of this entire debacle.

I say make Fulmer pay him. I'm sure he had some doing, in whatever Pruitt knows, if anything.

Phil is getting 37,500 a month for two more years for this great big mess he dropped into our lap. It makes me angry he wasn't fired like any other AD would be for such a failure.

But...but....he's a HOF coach!! Wrongfully fired JUST as he was about to turn it all around. Loves UT more than himself.....yadda...yadda....yadda.....

Phillip Paychecks strikes again!

usa_today_10355561.0.jpg

And this is why you pay the buyout (or negotiate down) and pay the man. We have paid players for years, across multiple sports. If Pruitt really wants to spill the beans, and has others willing to talk or has receipts, it will be like dropping a nuclear bomb on the athletic program.

You think Kiffin set us back 10 years? This will set us back 30 years in multiple sports.
He would never coach again. This is something you never do as a coach. He didn’t even defend his actions, he’s just trying to scare his way out of it. Anything that doesn’t directly involve him will be thrown out, I would assume.

Reactions: cgrish
This is what we've been waiting to happen. From the beginning I've said it will go this way and it's happening:
1) UTAD has an internal investigation - that's over and I firmly believe UT has the results and paying the law firm what amounts to a retainer.
2) Pruitt signals he wants a buyout and wasn't fired for cause - this is where we sit today.
3) UT will respond to him with an offer of about 3 million or 25 percent
4) Pruitt will counter with around 8 or 9 Mill
5) UT will say how about something in the middle and offer 4 to 6
6) Pruitt accepts and never utters a word about Tennessee again
7) UTAD releases that report to the NCAA and says we did our diligence are self sanctioning and cleaned our own house...period, end of story.

Plus everything has slid into the next fiscal year where cash is once again flowing in the AD.

I still cant believe some of you defended skoal can till the bitter end! He was sent here to destroy UT and is still trying to accomplish his mission like a abandoned russian spy!

He is now the second coach I despise.

1. Butch for smoking a cigar in Neyland like he had something to do with Bamas win.

2. Pruitt for trying to burn the program down because he is incompetent and could even win or bring in a good class while cheating.

Reactions: Volflyfisher
It’s likely better if they can come to an agreement to settle. The sooner this leech is in the rear view mirror the better it is for UT and our football program. Needless to say, if it goes to court, be ready for the unexpected.

Tell Cornbread I told him to shuddup. Also I’d like a large fry with those 10pc mcnuggets please.

This is what we've been waiting to happen. From the beginning I've said it will go this way and it's happening:
1) UTAD has an internal investigation - that's over and I firmly believe UT has the results and paying the law firm what amounts to a retainer.
2) Pruitt signals he wants a buyout and wasn't fired for cause - this is where we sit today.
3) UT will respond to him with an offer of about 3 million or 25 percent
4) Pruitt will counter with around 8 or 9 Mill
5) UT will say how about something in the middle and offer 4 to 6
6) Pruitt accepts and never utters a word about Tennessee again
7) UTAD releases that report to the NCAA and says we did our diligence are self sanctioning and cleaned our own house...period, end of story.

Plus everything has slid into the next fiscal year where cash is once again flowing in the AD.

I like the theory, but-
1. The whole situation basically brought a flame thrower to the football program. The highest profile, largest revenue generating program in the state.

2. They have already spent over a million on attorneys fees. Still spending $100k+ plus a month, so lets say by the time it's done UT has spent $2 million.

3. If you are correct, and they settle with Pruitt for maybe $6 million-add in the $2 million already spent. A total of about $8 million give or take

4. Pruitt's buyout was only $12 million. Would saving $4 million really be worth all the program has been put through in the last 9 months. Quite frankly, to UT $4 million is chump change in the grand scheme of things. Hell, our bowl share from the SEC would be way more than $4 million IF we do not get a bowl ban as a result of this investigation

Reactions: IndianaVol
So he is going to bring down the administration for something his staff did that he was supervising over... But he wants his money that he isn't getting because of what he did to get himself fired? What am I missing?

That almost sounds like extortion to me.

Ain't no "almost" to it.

If you don't pay me, I'll reveal damaging information.

If you pay me, I'll conceal what I know about your illegal activities, regardless of any legal and professional obligations I have to report those activities.

I'm not surprised to see Pruitt try this tactic, but I think it loses a lot of effectiveness doing it in public, rather than behind the scenes. Such accusations can make it harder for UT to compromise. If UT settles now, it could be considered an admission that there are a lot of bad things that could be revealed, and maybe motivate the NCAA to dig a lot more.

Fug the idiot. Him and foolmer should be gang raped for the misery they caused the program. Neither should have been hired to begin with. Both are a couple of meatballs who never had any business coaching or being the AD at a premier school like Tennessee.

Whats really galling is Fulmer gets paid through 2023 for being the mastermind of this entire debacle.

Fulmer is getting 50%. If you piss Fulmer off and he goes rogue, you are looking at lack of institutional control. 50% isn't bad for hush money and to keep some semblance of donor peace (those loyal to PF).

Reactions: JonGrudensAgent
Let him sue UT. I am certain the last thing this lawyer wants is Tennessee attorneys putting Pruitt on the stand to testify and answer questions.

VN Store

Back