Tennessee Lady Vol News

Only seen a few minutes of practices from some recorded videos, but all the rage seems to be toward Alexus Dye as the player that is showing out. I've seen her play from last year versus Texas A&M and was impressed with her in that game. Hoping Alexus is all many are saying she is going to be because another big scorer will be huge for us this season. I did notice she was firing some threes and was knocking down quite a few of them.

Only seen a few minutes of practices from some recorded videos, but all the rage seems to be toward Alexus Dye as the player that is showing out. I've seen her play from last year versus Texas A&M and was impressed with her in that game. Hoping Alexus is all many are saying she is going to be because another big scorer will be huge for us this season. I did notice she was firing some threes and was knocking down quite a few of them.
Alexus is a big time player. She is a double-double machine and will be huge for the LVs this season.

AP Top 25 Womens Poll
Were 15th in this poll a good starting place for us and also showing were getting back towards the top just need another top recruiting class or two.

Baylor will not hold that 7 spot. They have some good players but I have a strong feeling they’re taking a step back this season. I just do not have faith Collen can hold them at the same level they were. Even with players like Smith and Lewis.

They’re going to have a more guard oriented attack and I don’t think that’s going to go as well for them.

Baylor will not hold that 7 spot. They have some good players but I have a strong feeling they’re taking a step back this season. I just do not have faith Collen can hold them at the same level they were. Even with players like Smith and Lewis.

They’re going to have a more guard oriented attack and I don’t think that’s going to go as well for them.
I don't think they are that high either still a dangerous team and probably the favorite for the big 12 title. Great inside game and a five star point guard who didn't play much last season.

Reactions: VolBall09
Maria C says she’s a dawg!

I don't think they are that high either still a dangerous team and probably the favorite for the big 12 title. Great inside game and a five star point guard who didn't play much last season.

I’m actually betting Lewis is their starting PG. Ja’Mee Asberry is also a very good player from the point position and can shoot the 3. Andrew’s is going to have some competition at the guard position for sure.

They still have two great inside players in Smith and Ego but I’m dubious about their system with Collen being able to effectively deliver them the ball. That worked with Kim because everyone knew that was priority numero uno. The players brought in tell me they plan to shoot more 3s and have a more guard oriented attack. May limit Ego some.

They also don’t have any depth in the post. If Ego gets in foul trouble they have nowhere to turn. Smith can guard the opposing center but hasn’t been asked to do that in the past playing with the likes of Gusters, Brown etc. Bickle can defend inside, but is undersized at 6’.

Burrell being left off the preseason All SEC First Team is laughable.
They also picked Tennessee to finish 2nd in SEC standings with no first-team selections is even more Laughable. Hopefully that gives Rae even more incentive to play to her maximum potential in every game. She has been shutting up the game critics with her play for a year now and shouldn't have been left off last year's 1st team All-SEC team.

338747_20210908_WB_TeamPhoto_001.jpg

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!

They also picked Tennessee to finish 2nd in SEC standings with no first-team selections is even more Laughable. Hopefully that gives Rae even more incentive to play to her maximum potential in every game. She has been shutting up the game critics with her play for a year now and shouldn't have been left off last year's 1st team All-SEC team.
Agreed. I was honestly shocked to see us at 2. I do think we have the opportunity to finish second, but there are several other great teams who probably don't agree with our ranking. I also think Ole Miss is way too low.

Order of Finish
1. South Carolina
2. Tennessee
3. Texas A&M
4. Kentucky
5. Georgia
6. Arkansas
7. LSU
8. Ole Miss
9. Mississippi State
10. Alabama
11. Missouri
12. Florida
13. Auburn
14. Vanderbilt I think they have Ole Miss picked to low. I also think LSU is going to be hard to deal with. Actually there are about three or four teams that could finish anywhere from 2 to 6. I'm glad were picked second hopefully we can finish there if we can't win first.

VN Store

Back